Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Michael Caron

2248 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
Update on Shirley
7/20/2018 10:34:25 PM
mikeandshirley.jpg
Hi all. I am pretty sure that you all know how much I love Shirley and the health issues that she has been through. She asked that I inform all of her friends on Adland Pro Community of her condition and I will do anything that she asks me to within my powers. On Monday, July 16th she informed me that for about two days, every time she moved her bowels, blood would come up as well. When I went into the bathroom to investigate, it looked like the toilet was full of blood. I wanted to call 911, but she wanted to have breakfast first and then we called a cab. That was the last solid meal that she has had all week. Her good I and R level is 2.5. When they took her level at the hospital it was 10.2. They have been taking all kinds of tests all week. There is a lot more, but each day when it looks like she can come home, something else crops up. Today, they took an ultra-sound and she may have a blood clot in her arm. I have done the best I could getting her the proper foods to eat, the right excersises to do, and everything that the doctors and nurses are telling me to do to help her. Our finances were starting to get better but we still don't have enough to do everything that we are suppose to. She has been on a liquid diet since she has been in there so when I go to the caffeteria to get something to eat, I don't tell her what I am eating. Although I know that no one can make long distance phone calls I am going to say that she is at the Community South Hospital in Indianapolis, Indiana, in room 5109 and her room telephone is (317) 497-4584. I had flowers sent to her room which she loved very much. People from Catholic churches have been by every day to give her communion plus the priest from our church. If her friends from ALP could pray for her, that would help her emmensly. I don't know how to spell that. Please help Shirley get better through your love and prayers. I will be at the hospital most of the time, but I will also be home every now and then, so if you would like an update, please call me at home at (317) 887-2819. I will be posting this on Facebook, so please share it with your friends. The power of prayer is wonderful.
GOD BLESS YOU
~ Mike ~
Michael J. Caron (Mike) TRUTH IN ADVERTISING!! Friends First. Business Later.
+2
Joyce Parker Hyde

1967 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
RE: Update on Shirley
7/20/2018 11:45:24 PM
Oh Mike, I am so sorry to hear this.
You and Shirley know how much I love you both. I had to think about how to respond to this update and I know you trust me to speak truthfully.
My prayer is for the best possible outcome for Shirley-even if that means she has to leave your loving side for now.

I pray for her to be free of so much pain and suffering and worrying about you. I fear she is holding on longer than she is physically able to handle because she knows how you will be devastated when she goes. That's why she didn't tell you about the bleeding and why she wanted one last breakfast prepared by the love of her life.

You have to let her know that it is okay to rest now.

I went through very similar heartache just a year and a half ago and I know it is hard to accept that you can't fix her or take away her pain.

You have done so much more than many a younger and healthier man has done and you both have been blessed in that love.

Don't think of letting her go as letting her down . It is not the same thing at all.

You will know when the time is right.

I love you both dearly.
+2
Luis Miguel Goitizolo

61587 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
7/21/2018 12:46:13 AM
Oh Mike

I am so sorry about how you and Shirley are suffering. I wish I had a magic wand to miraculously end your pain and troubles. I am sorry I cannot even say it better.

Always praying God for the two of you,

Miguel

"Choose a job you love and you will not have to work a day in your life" (Confucius)

+1
Myrna Ferguson

16559 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
7/21/2018 2:46:06 AM
Oh Mike I am so sorry to hear this news. Praying for you both.

Many Blessings,
Myrna
LOVE IS THE ANSWER
+1
Michael Caron

2248 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
7/21/2018 4:49:18 PM
Thank you Joyce. Shirley and I have been discussing those options as well, but it is not easy for either of us. We are both just hoping that the doctors can help her for right now to prolong the inevitable. This has been our style of life for quite some time and we have been choosing to not discuss it, however when I spoke to my son on the phone, I told him where our insurance policies are, and I will be talking to someone at the hospital to find out what other options we have to rely on as well. I dicussed this with her as well, and she told me that someone has already spoke to her about it. She told them that if there is any possibility of prolonging her life she would like them to honor her wishes. On a couple of occasions she has asked for pain medication, however most of the time she has chosen to do without them. At this time, I am just trying to find as many people as possible to show her some love because love will give her a reason to keep fighting. If she does not make it, I will need as much help as possible to make arrangements because even though she is my third wife, she is the only woman that ever showed me real love and understanding. Basically, she is my life. I really don't know if I can live without her.
GOD BLESS YOU
~ Mike ~
Michael J. Caron (Mike) TRUTH IN ADVERTISING!! Friends First. Business Later.
+2

facebook
Like us on Facebook!