Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Phillip Black

5931 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
RE: Papas Kitchen
5/9/2011 3:37:22 AM

Hello My Friends,

Almost too late today, but here's a little something Special for Mom on her day, or any day of the Week. Simple chicken cutlets are first coated in seasoned flour, then browned in butter, and simmered in a brown sugar sauce. It's easy and yet just a little bit fancy. Great with either rice or pasta.

Easy Chicken Cutlets with Apples

• 4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt, or as needed
  • 1/4 cup and 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
  • 1/4 cup cornstarch
  • 2 teaspoons salt
  • 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
  • 2 pinches white sugar
  • 1/4 cup butter
  • 1/2 cup medium sherry
  • 2 cups chicken broth
  • 2 Granny Smith apple - cored, peeled, and cut into 1/2-inch thick wedges
  • 2/3 cup light brown sugar
  • 2 tablespoons butter
  • 2 dashes Marsala wine

1. Sprinkle chicken breasts with 1/4 teaspoon salt, or as needed, on both sides. Place onto a rack, cover, and refrigerate for 30 minutes. Remove from refrigerator, and cut in half lengthwise on a slight diagonal to make 4 equal-size pieces. Place the chicken pieces between two sheets of heavy plastic (resealable freezer bags work well) on a solid, level surface. Firmly pound the chicken with the smooth side of a meat mallet to make 4 cutlets about 1/4 inch thick.
  2. Preheat oven to 200 degrees F.
  3. Mix together flour, cornstarch, 1 teaspoon of salt, black pepper, and sugar in a shallow bowl. Place each cutlet into the flour mixture to coat; shake off excess flour. Melt 2 tablespoons of butter in a skillet over medium heat until foam disappears, and gently lay the coated cutlets into the butter. Cook until golden brown on both sides, about 3 minutes per side. Remove the chicken, and set aside on an oven-proof plate in the preheated oven to stay warm.
  4. Pour the sherry into the skillet and bring to a boil, scraping and dissolving all the brown flavor bits from the bottom of the skillet. Cook until the sherry is reduced to half its volume, about 5 minutes, and stir in the chicken broth; add the apple slices to the skillet. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the apples are soft and the sherry mixture is reduced by half. Stir in the brown sugar, 1 tablespoon of butter, and the Marsala wine until the sugar is dissolved and the sauce is thick.
  5. Return the chicken cutlets to the sauce, together with any juice from the plate, and turn to cover cutlets with sauce. Simmer about 2 minutes per side, and serve 2 cutlets per serving, topped with apple slices and sauce.

Have A Happy Mother's Day,

Phil

“There may be trouble all around, but I am calling you to a place of peace. Be still and know that I am God. Come to Me, and I will give you wisdom, strength, and grace for everything you face." Psalm 46:10
+0
5/9/2011 2:23:09 PM

Oh, that looks delicious Phil!! Wish I could get someone to cook that up for me. However, I did have fried chicken that I bought in town after church and added a few things for our lunch. I refused to cook yesterday!

Bless you and lots of hugs,

Sara

+0
Myrna Ferguson

16559 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
5/9/2011 2:52:46 PM
Hi Phil,

So good to see you here and the recipe is great.

Sara,

You shouldn't have to have cooked yesterday, it was to honor mothers. I hope your fried chicken was good. I made friend chicken on Saturday and I had cold chicken with potato salad, that I made. I am fussy I only like my potato salad.
Have a great week.

Myrna
LOVE IS THE ANSWER
+0
Phillip Black

5931 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
5/9/2011 5:03:20 PM

Hi Sara & Myrna,

Good to be back. I've missed being here as well. Although I'm not yet 100%, after my brief stay in the Hospital, a whole lot of prayer, and a little light Surgery, I'm feeling better than I have in months. Isn't God wonderful? He's always is there to take us by the hand and lead us through whatever our problems may be. Thank You Jesus.

Sticking with a Chicken theme, here's a quick and easy family pleasing dish. Chicken tenders are coated, baked and then served with a mild curry sauce. Myrna, I'm a big fan of homemade Potato Salad as well. Just bet that it would go great with these strips!

Lemon Chicken Strips

Ingredients

• 1/2 teaspoon paprika
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1/4 teaspoon pepper
  • 3 large boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into 2-inch pieces
  • 2 eggs, slightly beaten
  • 1 cup Italian seasoned bread crumbs
  • 1/2 cup SPLENDA® No Calorie Sweetener, Granulated
  • 1/2 cup lemon juice
  • 1 1/2 teaspoons curry powder

Directions

1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
  2. In a bowl, stir together paprika, salt, and pepper. Sprinkle seasoning over chicken pieces. Dip pieces in egg, then dredge in bread crumbs. Arrange chicken pieces in a single layer in an aluminum foil-lined 15x10-inch jelly roll pan.
  3. Bake in preheated oven for 15 minutes, turning once.
  4. In a small saucepan over medium-low heat, stir together SPLENDA® Granulated Sweetener, lemon juice, and curry powder, stirring until sweetener dissolves, about 5 minutes.
  5. Drizzle lemon sauce over chicken, return to oven, and bake 5 minutes more.

Serves 6

Have A Wonderful Week,

Phil

“There may be trouble all around, but I am calling you to a place of peace. Be still and know that I am God. Come to Me, and I will give you wisdom, strength, and grace for everything you face." Psalm 46:10
+0
Myrna Ferguson

16559 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
5/9/2011 5:40:14 PM
Hi Phil,

I am so thankful you are feeling better .Yes, God is so good and I am so grateful.

I don't have a recipe for my potato salad. I use potatoes, onions, and celery, with celery seed.
I like a lot of celery and onions so I think it is 1/2 potatoes, and the other half is celery and onions.Don't like boiled eggs in my potato salad
Then I make a cold dressing of sugar, mustard and mayo and a little vinegar. I tried the cooked, but like this better then the cooked. Plus, it is so much easier.
LOVE IS THE ANSWER
+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!