Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Myrna Ferguson

16559 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
RE: Papas Kitchen
5/11/2011 7:05:44 PM
Hi Phil,

Yes I think the potato salad would be good with your wings.

When you get started on recipes, you can't quit. wow strawberries are so good. I keep it simple. I like a s few strawberries and a banana together. Last year I grew Stevia and put a few flakes of it on top. I was so good.
(I looked for the photo I took, but could not find it, I think I deleted it. Oh, well.)

Myrna
LOVE IS THE ANSWER
+0
Roger Macdivitt .

7333 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
5/11/2011 10:30:08 PM
Quote:
Hi Phil,

Yes I think the potato salad would be good with your wings.

When you get started on recipes, you can't quit. wow strawberries are so good. I keep it simple. I like a s few strawberries and a banana together. Last year I grew Stevia and put a few flakes of it on top. I was so good.
(I looked for the photo I took, but could not find it, I think I deleted it. Oh, well.)

Myrna

Myrna,

OH WOW

Stevia? I didn't know what it was. I had to look it up. How exciting, a herb that I dikdn't know about. It grows on the American continent and is not, as far as I know, grown in the UK. i'm going top have to buy some seeds.

I love new things.

I will let you know if I find them.

Roger

+0
Roger Macdivitt .

7333 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
5/11/2011 10:32:49 PM

I've found some Stevia seeds.

I'm going to order some.

Roger

+0
Phillip Black

5931 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
5/11/2011 11:02:22 PM

Hello Friends,

Back to the regular Recipes, my Sister recently changed jobs, so we're having a few folks over tomorrow Evening, just to get acquainted. We'll start off with some Cheesy spaghetti. Then serve with some garlic bread, a nice Greek Salad, and maybe a bottle or two of Red Wine.

Greek Spaghetti

Ingredients

• 1 pound spaghetti
  • 1/4 pound Romano cheese, grated
  • 1/4 pound shredded mozzarella cheese
  • 1/4 pound shredded provolone cheese
  • 1/2 cup margarine, melted
  • 1 pinch garlic powder

Directions

1. In a large pot of lightly salted boiling water, cook the spaghetti 8 to 10 minutes, until al dente, and drain.
  2. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly grease a medium casserole dish. In a bowl, mix the Romano cheese, mozzarella cheese, and provolone cheese. In a separate bowl, blend the melted margarine and garlic powder.
  3. Cover the bottom of the prepared dish with 1/3 of the cooked spaghetti, top with 1/3 of the cheese mixture, and drizzle with 1/3 margarine mixture. Repeat layering. Be sure to end with cheese on top. (If you really like garlic you can sprinkle between layers as desired.)
  4. Bake 30 minutes in the preheated oven, until cheese is bubbly and lightly brown. Serves 8.

This recipe for a zesty salad, full of fresh tomatoes, red onion, green pepper, ripe olives and feta cheese, compliments your meal quite well.

Greek Tomato Salad

Ingredients

• 1/4 cup red wine vinegar or cider vinegar
  • 2 tablespoons olive oil
  • 1 garlic clove, minced
  • 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
  • 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
  • 1/8 teaspoon sugar
  • 1/8 teaspoon salt
  • 1/8 teaspoon pepper
  • 1 cup thinly sliced red onion, separated into rings
  • 1/2 cup coarsely chopped green pepper
  • 4 tomatoes, cut into 8 wedges
  • 6 pitted ripe olives, halved
  • 3 tablespoons crumbled feta cheese

Directions

1. In a bowl, whisk together the vinegar, oil, oregano, basil, sugar, salt and pepper. Add red onion and green pepper; toss to coat. Stir in tomatoes, olives and cheese. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour. Serve with a slotted spoon.

For the perfect finishing touch, homemade Garlic Bread is always great with pasta! This cheese covered garlic bread is ready in minutes.

Great Garlic Bread

Ingredients

• 1/2 cup butter
  • 1 1/2 tablespoons garlic powder
  • 1 tablespoon dried parsley
  • 1 (1 pound) loaf Italian bread, cut into 1/2 inch slices
  • 1 (8 ounce) package shredded mozzarella cheese

Directions

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
  2. In a small saucepan over medium heat, melt butter and mix with garlic powder and dried parsley.
  3. Place Italian bread on a medium baking sheet. Using a basting brush, brush generously with the butter mixture.
  4. Bake in the preheated oven approximately 10 minutes, until lightly toasted. Remove from heat. Sprinkle with mozzarella cheese and any remaining butter mixture. Return to oven approximately 5 minutes, or until cheese is melted and bread is lightly browned. One Loaf serves 8, so I double this recipe.

Then, if I'm feeling really frisky, we'll have Tiramisu, my Sister's favorite. This uses Mascarpone custard, layered with whipped cream and rum and coffee soaked ladyfingers.

Tiramisu

Ingredients

• 6 egg yolks
  • 3/4 cup white sugar
  • 2/3 cup milk
  • 1 1/4 cups heavy cream
  • 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 1 pound mascarpone cheese
  • 1/4 cup strong brewed coffee, room temperature
  • 2 tablespoons rum
  • 2 (3 ounce) packages ladyfinger cookies
  • 1 tablespoon unsweetened cocoa powder

Directions

1. In a medium saucepan, whisk together egg yolks and sugar until well blended. Whisk in milk and cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until mixture boils. Boil gently for 1 minute, remove from heat and allow to cool slightly. Cover tightly and chill in refrigerator 1 hour.
  2. In a medium bowl, beat cream with vanilla until stiff peaks form. Whisk mascarpone into yolk mixture until smooth.
  3. In a small bowl, combine coffee and rum. Split ladyfingers in half lengthwise and drizzle with coffee mixture.
  4. Arrange half of soaked ladyfingers in bottom of a 7x11 inch dish. Spread half of mascarpone mixture over ladyfingers, then half of whipped cream over that. Repeat layers and sprinkle with cocoa. Cover and refrigerate 4 to 6 hours, until set. Serves 12.

Have A Wonderful Evening,

Phil

“There may be trouble all around, but I am calling you to a place of peace. Be still and know that I am God. Come to Me, and I will give you wisdom, strength, and grace for everything you face." Psalm 46:10
+0
Roger Macdivitt .

7333 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
5/11/2011 11:32:07 PM

Beautiful Phil.

I like most pasta dishes.

I love a recipe like this cheese sauce on cauliflower too.

Good comfort food cheese.

+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!