Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
RE: Papas Kitchen
4/2/2011 3:09:07 PM

To all fans of Papa's Kitchen, join us here to celebrate!

Garden of Friendship

Sara

+0
Phillip Black

5931 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
4/3/2011 10:38:49 PM

Hello My Friends,

It's great to see you all here. Sara, just saw your Note. Sorry to be so Tardy, but I've been at the Hospital with a Friend for most of this Weekend and was not aware that anything was going on.

Here's a wonderful Baked Chicken recipe that's quick and easy. Using just a few handy ingredients, create a delicious main dish that also makes great leftovers, if there are any. Serve with a salad and pasta or rice for a quick, scrumptious dinner, or you might even try the Potatoes below.

Baked Garlic Parmesan Chicken

Ingredients

• 2 tablespoons olive oil
  • 1 clove garlic, minced
  • 1 cup dry bread crumbs
  • 2/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
  • 1 teaspoon dried basil leaves
  • 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
  • 6 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves

Directions

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly grease a 9x13 inch baking dish.
  2. In a bowl, blend the olive oil and garlic. In a separate bowl, mix the bread crumbs, Parmesan cheese, basil, and pepper. Dip each chicken breast in the oil mixture, then in the bread crumb mixture. Arrange the coated chicken breasts in the prepared baking dish, and top with any remaining bread crumb mixture.
  3. Bake 30 minutes in the preheated oven, or until chicken is no longer pink and juices run clear.

Here's an unbelievable rich twist on au gratin potatoes, this casserole develops a caramelized, cheesy, roasted-garlic crust as it bakes. However, this dish does not save well (leftovers tend to separate and become oily), so eat up.

Garlic Potatoes Gratin

Ingredients

• 3 pounds red potatoes, peeled and sliced
  • 6 ounces Gouda cheese, shredded, divided
  • 3 tablespoons butter
  • 5 cloves garlic, minced
  • 1 1/2 cups heavy cream
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • 1/2 teaspoon black pepper

Directions

1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Lightly grease a 9x13 inch baking dish.
  2. In the prepared dish layer 1/2 of the potatoes, 1/2 of the cheese, then the remaining potatoes.
  3. Melt the butter in a small skillet over medium heat. Saute garlic until fragrant and golden brown; pour over potatoes.
  4. Combine cream, salt and pepper; pour evenly over potatoes and sprinkle with remaining cheese.
  5. Bake in preheated oven for 75 minutes. Serve immediately.

Have A Blessed Evening,

Phil

“There may be trouble all around, but I am calling you to a place of peace. Be still and know that I am God. Come to Me, and I will give you wisdom, strength, and grace for everything you face." Psalm 46:10
+0
4/28/2011 3:12:25 PM

Hello Phil, I have not made pictures of my dishes lately but I did last night just so I could post in your forum.

This would go well with your potatoes and bread.

Cheesy Beef Bake

Cheesy Beef Bake

A combination of pre-cooked ground beef with taco seasoning, canned tomatoes, mushrooms and fourth cup of cheese sauce, a layer of crushed cheese crackers, cut up onions (purple), green peppers topped with more crackers and mozarella (?sp) cheese.

Sara

+0
Phillip Black

5931 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
4/29/2011 1:24:55 PM

Hello Sara & Friends,

Thanks for the wonderful Pictures my Friend. The Cheesy Beef Bake looks delicious.

Been away for awhile again, so let's return with an Old Favorite. This is the only meatloaf I've ever really liked. Seasoned with fresh onion,a touch of bell pepper, and glazed with a sweet ketchup sauce. This Recipe makes two loafs. For a small family such as mine, I cook one loaf and freeze the other to cook at a later time.

Mom's Meatloaf

Ingredients

• 2 pounds lean ground beef
  • 1/2 cup crushed saltine crackers
  • 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
  • 2 eggs, beaten
  • 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
  • 2 tablespoons finely chopped green bell pepper
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • 1/4 teaspoon ground thyme
  • 1/4 teaspoon ground marjoram
  • 1/4 cup ketchup
  • 2 tablespoons light corn syrup

Directions

1. Preheat an oven to 350 degrees F.
  2. Combine ground beef, cracker crumbs, tomato sauce, eggs, onion, bell pepper, salt, thyme, and marjoram in a large bowl and mix well. Shape beef mixture into two equally sized loaves. Place both loaves in a 9x13 inch baking dish. Cover with foil and bake in the preheated oven for 1 hour. Meanwhile, mix ketchup and corn syrup in a small bowl to make a glaze.
  3. Remove baking dish from the oven and remove foil. Brush glaze onto the loaves. Return baking dish to the oven uncovered, and continue baking until loaves are no longer pink in the center, 15 to 20 minutes. An instant-read thermometer inserted into the center should read at least 160 degrees F.

Hope Your Weekend's Delightful,

Phil

“There may be trouble all around, but I am calling you to a place of peace. Be still and know that I am God. Come to Me, and I will give you wisdom, strength, and grace for everything you face." Psalm 46:10
+0
Phillip Black

5931 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
4/30/2011 11:11:33 PM

Hi Everyone,

Here's one I thought that you all might like. These pork chops are light but very tasty. The longer you marinate your pork, the better it tastes. And since it's baked, a lot of the pork fat is baked right off. Serve with a fresh garden salad and mashed potatoes for a terrific meaat

Baked Soy Lemon Chops

Ingredients

• 1/2 cup soy sauce
  • 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
  • 4 cloves garlic, minced
  • 2 tablespoons lemon juice
  • 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
  • 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
  • 4 pork chops

Directions

1. In a shallow dish, combine soy sauce, Worcestershire sauce, garlic, lemon juice, pepper and oil. Add pork chops, and turn to coat evenly. Cover, and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
  2. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
  3. Place marinated pork chops in a roasting pan, and bake in preheated oven for 35 to 40 minutes, basting meat often with marinade.

Have A Wonderful Saturday,

Phil

+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!