Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Phillip Black

5931 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
RE: Papas Kitchen
2/20/2011 6:46:26 PM

Hi Ray,

Once again, those Burritos sound Delicious my Friend. Hope you'll come back often and share some more of your Tasty Treats.

Speaking of somethinhg a little Spicy, here's a well-seasoned chicken, blasted with high heat for a speedy roast that still leaves the bird moist and flavorful. This is the kind of recipe that you just throw together. No need to muss or fuss. Pop it into a very hot oven and it is ready in a hurry.

Spicy Rapid Roast Chicken

Ingredients

• 1 (3 pound) whole chicken
  • 1 tablespoon olive oil
  • 1/4 teaspoon salt
  • 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
  • 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
  • 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
  • 1/4 teaspoon paprika
  • 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper

Directions

1. Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
  2. Rinse chicken thoroughly inside and out under cold running water and remove all fat. Pat dry with paper towels.
  3. Put chicken into a small baking pan. Rub with olive oil. Mix the salt, pepper, oregano, basil, paprika and cayenne pepper together and sprinkle over chicken.
  4. Roast the chicken in the preheated oven for 20 minutes. Lower the oven to 400 degrees F and continue roasting 40 minutes, to a minimum internal temperature of 180 degrees F. Let cool 10 to 15 minutes

Have A Delightful Sunday,

Phil

“There may be trouble all around, but I am calling you to a place of peace. Be still and know that I am God. Come to Me, and I will give you wisdom, strength, and grace for everything you face." Psalm 46:10
+0
Phillip Black

5931 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
2/21/2011 8:27:34 PM

Hello Friends,

Today, it's Meatless Monday: Pasta with Spinach and Feta. Flavorful feta cheese is tossed with hot pasta, fresh tomatoes, baby spinach, and minced garlic for a colorful, aromatic meal. I've used either Mostaccioli or Penne, whichever is available and I've served this either hot or cold.

Mostaccioli with Spinach and Feta

Ingredients

• 8 ounces penne pasta
  • 2 tablespoons olive oil
  • 3 cups chopped tomatoes
  • 10 ounces fresh spinach, washed and chopped
  • 1 clove garlic, minced
  • 8 ounces tomato basil feta cheese
  • salt to taste
  • ground black pepper to taste

Directions

1. Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain, and set aside.
  2. Heat oil in a large pot. Add tomatoes, spinach, and garlic; cook and stir 2 minutes, or until spinach is wilted and mixture is thoroughly heated. Add pasta and cheese; cook 1 minute. Season to taste with salt and pepper.

Hope You're Having A Wonderful Week,

Phil

“There may be trouble all around, but I am calling you to a place of peace. Be still and know that I am God. Come to Me, and I will give you wisdom, strength, and grace for everything you face." Psalm 46:10
+0
Phillip Black

5931 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
2/24/2011 1:03:04 AM

Hello Everyone,

Here's one that's sure to please your Family. This incredible meatloaf is so simple to make using jut turkey, loads of cheese, and some Italian bread crumbs.

Incredibly Cheesy Turkey Meatloaf

Ingredients

• 2 pounds ground turkey
  • 1 cup milk
  • 1 cup Italian seasoned bread crumbs
  • 2 eggs
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • 1/4 teaspoon pepper
  • 3/4 pound Colby cheese, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
  • 1/2 cup ketchup (optional)

Directions

1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
  2. In a bowl, mix the turkey, milk, bread crumbs, and eggs by hand. Season with salt and pepper. Fold the cheese cubes into the mixture. Transfer to a loaf pan, and top with ketchup.
  3. Bake 1 hour in the preheated oven, to an internal temperature of 180 degrees F.

Add some Mashed Potatoes and these Broccoli Spears, with just a little garlic and lemon juice, for a simple, delicious and nutritious meal.

Garlic Broccoli Spears

Ingredients

• 1 pound fresh broccoli, cut into spears
  • 2 tablespoons olive or vegetable oil
  • 1 tablespoon lemon juice
  • 1 garlic clove, minced
  • 1/4 teaspoon salt
  • 1/8 teaspoon pepper

Directions

1. Place the broccoli in a saucepan with a small amount of water; cover and cook until crisp-tender. Meanwhile, combine remaining ingredients. Drain broccoli and place in a serving dish; add lemon mixture and toss to coat. Serve immediately.

Hope Your Week's Great,

Phil

+0
Phillip Black

5931 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
2/24/2011 8:14:09 PM

Hello My Friends,

Today we have a classic seafood stew with a little bit of everything from the sea. Shrimp, scallops, clams, mussels, and crab meat; seasoned with oregano, thyme and basil. Serve with a loaf of warm, crusty bread, like th ePotato Bread below, for sopping up the delicious broth.

Cioppino

Ingredients

• 3/4 cup butter
  • 2 onions, chopped
  • 2 cloves garlic, minced
  • 1 bunch fresh parsley, chopped
  • 2 (14.5 ounce) cans stewed tomatoes
  • 2 (14.5 ounce) cans chicken broth
  • 2 bay leaves
  • 1 tablespoon dried basil
  • 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
  • 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
  • 1 cup water
  • 1 1/2 cups white wine
  • 1 1/2 pounds large shrimp - peeled and deveined
  • 1 1/2 pounds bay scallops
  • 18 small clams
  • 18 mussels, cleaned and debearded
  • 1 1/2 cups crabmeat
  • 1 1/2 pounds cod fillets, cubed

Directions

1. Over medium-low heat melt butter in a large stockpot, add onions, garlic and parsley. Cook slowly, stirring occasionally until onions are soft.
  2. Add tomatoes to the pot (break them into chunks as you add them). Add chicken broth, bay leaves, basil, thyme, oregano, water and wine. Mix well. Cover and simmer 30 minutes.
  3. Stir in the shrimp, scallops, clams, mussels and crabmeat. Stir in fish, if desired. Bring to boil. Lower heat, cover and simmer 5 to 7 minutes until clams open. Ladle soup into bowls and serve with warm, crusty bread!

Bread just like this Crusty Potato Bread. This hearty bread has excell,ent flavor and a wonderful crust, and it so delicious.

Potato Bread

Ingredients

• 3 1/4 cups bread flour
  • 1/2 cup instant mashed potato flakes
  • 1 tablespoon white sugar
  • 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
  • 2 tablespoons butter
  • 1 1/4 cups water
  • 2 teaspoons instant yeast

Directions

1. Place ingredients in the pan of the bread machine in the order recommended by the manufacturer. Select White Bread Cycle; press Start.

Have A Great Week,

Phil

Add a Photo

+0
Phillip Black

5931 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
2/25/2011 7:41:35 PM

Hello My Friends,

Today we have a dinner that's both quick and very enjoyable. No need to choose store-bought when you can easily make your own blend of flour and seasonings to 'shake and bake' your chicken.

Easy Shake and Bake Chicken

Ingredients

• 3 pounds chicken, cut into pieces
  • 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • 1 teaspoon paprika
  • 1/4 teaspoon sage
  • 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
  • 1/2 cup butter

Directions

1. Preheat oven to 450 degrees F (230 degrees C).
  2. Mix flour, salt, paprika, sage and pepper together in a bag. Add chicken parts in a bag and shake until well coated.
  3. Melt butter/margarine in a 9x13 inch baking dish in the preheated oven. Place chicken in the baking dish skin side down and bake for 20 minutes. Turn pieces and bake another 20 minutes until tender and juices run clear.

This dish's pretty harvest colors make it any eye-catching addition to any table. It's a fix-it-and-forget-it, favorite side dish of my whole family.

Roasted Root Vegetables

Ingredients

• 1-1/2 cups pearl onions
  • 1-1/2 pounds red potatoes, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
  • 3/4 large rutabagas, peeled and cut into 1/2 inch pieces
  • 3/4 pound parsnips, peeled and cut into 1/2 inch pieces
  • 3/4 pound carrots, cut into 1/2 inch pieces
  • 2 tablespoons and 3/4 teaspoon butter, melted
  • 2 tablespoons and 3/4 teaspoon olive oil
  • 1 tablespoon and 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • 1/2 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
  • 1-1/2 (10 ounce) packages frozen brussels sprouts, thawed
  • 2-1/4 cloves garlic, minced

Directions

1. In a Dutch oven or large kettle, bring 6 cups water to a boil. Add the pearl onions; boil for 3 minutes. Drain and rinse with cold water; peel.
  2. In a large roasting pan, combine the onions, potatoes, rutabaga, parsnips and carrots. Drizzle with butter and oil. Sprinkle with thyme, salt and pepper; toss to coat.
  3. Cover and bake at 425 degrees F for 30 minutes. Uncover; stir in brussels sprouts and garlic. Bake, uncovered, for 50-60 minutes or until vegetables are tender and begin to brown, stirring occasionally.

Have A Super Weekend,

Phil

+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!