Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Phillip Black

5931 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
RE: Papas Kitchen
2/17/2011 9:04:13 PM
Hello My Friends,

Today we have a flavorful homemade recipe for those who are tired of sweet pasta sauces. Serve over your favorite pasta with a tossed green salad shown below and some warm homemade bread.

Pasta Sauce with Italian Sausage

Ingredients

• 1 pound Italian sausage links
  • 1/2 pound lean ground beef
  • 1 tablespoon olive oil
  • 1 onion, chopped
  • 1 clove garlic, chopped
  • 1 (16 ounce) can canned tomatoes
  • 1 (15 ounce) can canned tomato sauce
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
  • 1 teaspoon dried basil
  • 1 teaspoon dried oregano
  • 1 bay leaf

Directions

1. Removed casing from sausage links and cut into 1/2 inch slices. In a large skillet, brown sausage over medium heat for about 10 minutes; remove and set aside.
  2. In a large skillet, heat ground beef, olive oil, garlic and onion over medium heat until meat is nicely browned; drain.
  3. Pour in tomatoes and tomato sauce; mix in salt, ground black pepper, basil, oregano, bay leaf and cooked sausage. Simmer uncovered for 1 hour, stirring occasionally.
  4. Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add pasta and cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until al dente; drain.
  5. Mix cooked sauce with hot pasta and remove bay leaf from sauce before serving.

This is a delicious salad that goes great with any meal, especially Italian!

Classic Tossed Salad

Ingredients

• 1 cup blanched slivered almonds
  • 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
  • 1 head romaine lettuce, torn into bite-size pieces
  • 1 head red leaf lettuce, torn into bite-size pieces
  • 1 (8 ounce) package crumbled feta cheese
  • 1 (4 ounce) can sliced black olives
  • 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
  • 1 red onion, halved and thinly sliced
  • 6 fresh mushrooms, sliced
  • 1/4 cup grated Romano cheese
  • 1 (8 ounce) bottle Italian salad dressing

Directions

1. Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Place the almonds in the skillet, and cook, stirring frequently until lightly browned. When the almonds are beginning to turn, add sesame seeds, and cook 1 more minute, or until seeds are toasted.
  2. In a large salad bowl, combine lettuce with feta cheese, olives, almonds, sesame seeds, tomatoes, onion, mushrooms, and Romano cheese. When ready to serve, toss with Italian dressing.

Finish off your Perfect meal with some Homemade Bread. This makes an impressive, large loaf of bread with an excellent texture inside and the Mozzarella makes the loaf smell wonderful coming out of the oven.

Mozzarella Basil Bread

Ingredients

• 2 cups warm water (100 degrees F/40 degrees C)
  • 1 tablespoon white sugar
  • 1 tablespoon active dry yeast
  • 1 tablespoon salt
  • 4 cups bread flour, or as needed
  • 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
  • 1/4 cup milk
  • 1 tablespoon dried basil

Directions

1. Mix warm water with sugar in a large mixing bowl until the sugar has dissolved. Sprinkle yeast over the surface of the water, and let stand until the yeast begins to form a creamy layer on the water. Stir the yeast into the water. Stir in salt, and 1 cup of bread flour, and beat the flour in to form a loose batter. Stir in 1 more cup of flour, and mix in the mozzarella cheese, milk, and basil. Mix in the remaining 2 cups of flour in 1/2-cup additions.
  2. Turn the dough out onto a well-floured work surface, and knead until the dough is thoroughly mixed, but still sticky, 5 to 8 minutes. Add flour into the dough as you knead, if necessary. Form the dough into a ball, and place into an oiled bowl. Turn the dough over in the bowl to oil the surface of the dough, and cover with a cloth. Allow to rise until double, about 1 hour.
  3. With your fist, press firmly on the dough to deflate the large bubbles. Turn the dough out onto a well-floured work surface, and knead the dough just long enough to eliminate the remaining bubbles in the dough, about 1 minute. Cut the dough into 2 equal pieces, and form each half into a round ball. Spray a baking sheet with nonstick cooking spray, and place the balls onto the baking sheet. With a sharp knife, slash an X into the top of each loaf. Cover the loaves with a towel, and let rise until doubled, about 25 minutes.
  4. Preheat oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C).
  5. Bake the loaves until browned, about 25 minutes. To serve, cut each loaf into 8 wedges.

Yield 2 Round loaves

Hope Your Week's Terrific

Phil

“There may be trouble all around, but I am calling you to a place of peace. Be still and know that I am God. Come to Me, and I will give you wisdom, strength, and grace for everything you face." Psalm 46:10
+0
Myrna Ferguson

16559 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
2/18/2011 1:46:32 AM
Hi Phil,

Looks like a great dinner to me. The bread sounds sooooooooo yummy I could almost taste it. lol

Myrna
LOVE IS THE ANSWER
+0
Phillip Black

5931 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
2/18/2011 10:08:31 PM

Hi Myrna,

Thanks for stopping by and thanks for your kind Comments. Yes, I can assure you, the Bread tastes just as good as it sounds. Today, we'll pay another visit to my Weight Watchers Recipe files.

Good, healthy casserole recipes are not always easy to find, but this new spin on a traditional Tuna Noodle Casserole Recipe lets you enjoy the benefit of making a quick and easy meal, while still providing a healthy, low calorie dinner. By making a few substitutions, this Tuna Noodle Casserole maintains it’s delicious flavor, and creamy, cheesy texture, but with a lot less fat and calories, thus making it lower in WW Points. Each nicely sized serving is just 9 Points, and is loaded with fiber and protein. Good served alone or with some tasty side dishes, this casserole recipe makes a great meal for any just about any weight watcher.

Tuna Noodle Casserole Recipe

Ingredients:

- 8 ounces whole-wheat egg noodles
- 2 5oz cans chunk light tuna, drained
- 3/4 frozen peas, thawed
- 8 ounces mushrooms, sliced
- 1 cup asparagus, chopped
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 5 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 1/2 cups fat free milk
- 1/2 cup finely grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/3 cup reduced fat cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1/2 cup Fiber One breadcrumb mixture
- 1 tsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper

Directions:

Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Cook noodles until just tender, 6 to 8 minutes or according to package directions. Drain and rinse.

Position rack in upper third of oven and preheat broiler.

Meanwhile, heat oil in a large ovenproof skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion, asparagus, mushrooms and salt and cook, stirring often, until the onion is softened but not browned, about 5 minutes. Add wine and cook until evaporated, 4 to 5 minutes. Sprinkle flour over the vegetables; stir to coat. Add milk and pepper and bring to a simmer, stirring constantly. Stir in tuna, peas and 1/2 cup Parmesan until evenly incorporated. Then, stir in the noodles (the pan will be very full).

Remove from the heat. Sprinkle the casserole with Fiber One breadcrumbs and the cheddar cheese. Broil until bubbly and lightly browned on top, 3 to 4 minutes.

Recipe makes 6 servings - Serving size 1 ½ cups With 9 WW Points and 280 calories; 6g fat; 45g carbohydrates; 30g protein; 6g fiber.

Have A Wonderful Weekend,

Phil

“There may be trouble all around, but I am calling you to a place of peace. Be still and know that I am God. Come to Me, and I will give you wisdom, strength, and grace for everything you face." Psalm 46:10
+0
2/18/2011 10:19:31 PM

Yes Phil, it is Friday again! These weeks are passing really quick.

That does look good!

Thanks,

Sara

+0
Ray
Ray Gollis

136 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
2/19/2011 7:30:16 PM
Hello, Folks, Here is My Recipe To Rays Burrito...

Read On...

Cook Ground Turkey 1 lb. Dash of Oregano, Onion Powder, Pepper....
I don't use no Salt...

Cook Tortilla in toster over about 5min...Flip Once and Cook On The Other Side

Cook Brown Rice....45 Min... Until Tender

Cut up tomatoes, onions, green peppers...

Prepare Burrito...

Spread Spinach Dip On Burrito...

Add Tomatoes, Onions,

Insert Brown Rice...

Add Spices...

Cheneyye Pepper, Onion Powder, Pepper,

Add Your Favorite Salsa On Top...

I usually warm Salsa separately in microwave

And Pour on The Burrito...

There You Have It...

Rays Burrito....Session data
Join my home based business and make 80.00 per referral! Click Here To Find Out More! Religious Artifacts, Dvd Players, Books, Cassettes And Much More For Sale Click Here To Go To Rays Warehouse Ebay Store Have A Music Blog That I Just Started Check it out Click Here To Find Out More!
+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!