Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Phillip Black

5931 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
RE: Papas Kitchen
3/2/2011 8:51:44 PM

Hello My Friends,

You can't go wrong when you stick with the old stand-bys, so today we're going with a new Chicken Dish. This dish includes shallots, garlic and lemon pepper seasoned tender chicken breasts, in a tarragon-scented cream sauce and also featuring Swanson® Chicken Broth.

Chicken in Tarragon Cream Sauce

Ingredients

• Vegetable cooking spray
  • 2 teaspoons lemon pepper seasoning
  • 4 skinless, boneless chicken breasts
  • 2 shallots, chopped
  • 2 cloves garlic, minced
  • 1 cup Swanson® Chicken Broth (Regular, Natural Goodness™ or Certified Organic)
  • 1/4 cup light cream
  • 1 tablespoon chopped fresh tarragon leaves

Directions

1. Season chicken with lemon pepper seasoning. Spray nonstick skillet with cooking spray and heat 1 minute. Add chicken and cook until browned. Add shallots and garlic and cook until tender.
  2. Add broth, cream and tarragon. Heat to a boil. Cover and cook over low heat 5 minutes or until done.

Here's a good side dish to serve whenever your guests include both Vegetarians and Meat lovers, as in my house.

Green Beans and Potatoes

Ingredients

• 3 cups thinly sliced potatoes
  • 2 cups frozen green beans
  • 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
  • 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
  • 1 teaspoon vegetarian Worcestershire sauce
  • 1 cup vegetable broth, divided
  • 1 teaspoon cornstarch
  • 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley

Directions

1. In a large skillet over medium-high heat combine potatoes, green beans, thyme, pepper, Worcestershire sauce and 3/4 cup of broth. Bring to a boil; reduce heat to medium-low, cover and simmer 15 to 20 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
  2. In a small bowl blend remaining broth and cornstarch. Stir in parsley; add to potato mixture. Cook, stirring, until bubbly and thickened.

Hope Your Week's Terrific,

Phil

“There may be trouble all around, but I am calling you to a place of peace. Be still and know that I am God. Come to Me, and I will give you wisdom, strength, and grace for everything you face." Psalm 46:10
+0
Phillip Black

5931 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
3/3/2011 10:55:33 PM

Hello Everyone,

With Spring just around the corner and the sun peeking out every now and then, it may just be wishful thinking on my part, but I think that it's almost time to break out the grill. This delicious Grilled Salmon Recipe with Tomatoes and Basil not only looks beautiful, but it also tastes great and is super healthy. The fresh tomatoes and kick of garlic and basil add a lot of zing, and give some life to the salmon. I’m a true fan of salmon recipes, and salmon in general, and since this is so good for you, you owe it to yourself to at least to try out whenever you can. This tastes so light and fresh, and it's the perfect weekend dinner idea. Each serving has just 5 WW Points, and the recipe involves only minimal ingredients, so it’s a great healthy meal option in a pinch.

Grilled Salmon with Tomatoes and Basil

Ingredients:

- 1 whole 16oz wild salmon fillet, de-boned
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced fresh basil
- 2 medium tomatoes, thinly sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- juice from one lemon, freshly squeezed
- 1 tsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper

Directions:

Preheat grill to medium. Mash minced garlic and 3/4 teaspoon salt in a small bowl and stir in oil.

Measure out a piece of heavy-duty foil (or use a double layer of regular foil) large enough for the salmon fillet. Coat the foil with nonfat cooking spray. Place the salmon skin-side down on the foil and squirt the lemon juice all overs it. Then spread the garlic mixture all over it. Sprinkle with about ¾ of the basil. Overlap tomato slices on top and sprinkle with the remaining salt and pepper.

Transfer the salmon on the foil to the grill. Grill until the fish flakes easily, 10 to 12 minutes. Use two large spatulas to slide the salmon from the foil to a serving platter. Serve the salmon sprinkled with the remaining basil.

Entire recipe makes 4 - 4oz servings
Each serving = 5 WW Points and only 229 calories; 7 g of fat & 3 g carbohydrates, along with 35 g protein, and 1 g fiber.

Have A Terrific Evening,

Phil

“There may be trouble all around, but I am calling you to a place of peace. Be still and know that I am God. Come to Me, and I will give you wisdom, strength, and grace for everything you face." Psalm 46:10
+0
Myrna Ferguson

16559 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
3/3/2011 11:14:15 PM
Hi Phil,

Just dropping by to let you know .......I LOVE GRILLED SALMON......LOL

Have a great day.

Myrna
LOVE IS THE ANSWER
+0
Phillip Black

5931 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
3/4/2011 7:57:45 PM

Hi Myrna,

As you may have gathered, Salmon is a big favorite of mine as well. This is one of my best and most delicious salmon recipes, and it's very easy to prepare. I love maple in everything and put this together one night. My family totally loved it, and they did not like salmon that much until they tried this.

Maple Salmon

Ingredients

• 1/4 cup maple syrup
  • 2 tablespoons soy sauce
  • 1 clove garlic, minced
  • 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
  • 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
  • 1 pound salmon

Directions

1. In a small bowl, mix the maple syrup, soy sauce, garlic, garlic salt, and pepper.
  2. Place salmon in a shallow glass baking dish, and coat with the maple syrup mixture. Cover the dish, and marinate salmon in the refrigerator 30 minutes, turning once.
  3. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
  4. Place the baking dish in the preheated oven, and bake salmon uncovered 20 minutes, or until easily flaked with a fork.

This Quinoa is a great alternative to rice. It's lighter, and it cooks in about half the time. Perfect with almost any Seafood Dish.

Quinoa Side Dish

Ingredients

• 1 tablespoon butter
  • 1 cup uncooked quinoa
  • 2 cups vegetable broth
  • 2 teaspoons chopped garlic
  • 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
  • 1/2 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme
  • 1/4 teaspoon salt
  • 1 small onion, finely chopped
  • 1 dash fresh lemon juice (optional)

Directions

1. Melt butter in a saucepan over medium heat. Add the quinoa, and toast, stirring occasionally, until lightly browned, about 5 minutes. Stir in broth, and bring to a boil. Reduce to a simmer, cover, and cook for 15 minutes, or until quinoa is tender.
  2. In a bowl, toss quinoa together with garlic, parsley, thyme, salt, and onion. Sprinkle with lemon juice, and serve.

Finally, these Sugar Snap Peas are simple and quick to prepare. First they are quickly fried with green onion and garlic, and then tossed with fresh mint leaves. Wonderful use for spring garden vegetables. They may be serves either hot or at room temperature.

Sugar Snap Peas With Mint

Ingredients

• 2 teaspoons olive oil
  • 3/4 pound sugar snap peas, trimmed
  • 3 green onions, chopped
  • 1 clove garlic, chopped
  • 1/8 teaspoon salt
  • 1/8 teaspoon pepper
  • 1 tablespoon chopped fresh mint

Directions

1. Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the sugar snap peas, green onion, and garlic. Season with salt and pepper. Stir-fry for 4 minutes, then remove from heat and stir in the mint leaves.

Hope Your Weekend's Wonderful,

Phil

+0
Phillip Black

5931 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
3/5/2011 6:42:44 PM
Hello My Friends,

Here's one in Honor of an Good Friend from the past here at Adland. This is someone who I had a brief contact with over at FB just the other day, but haven't seen her around here at Adland since 2009. Valerie Clavin, from Missouri, this one's for you. Sure do miss seeing you around here at Adland.

This lean ground beef burger is seasoned to perfection unlike any other burger. Honey mustard, brown sugar, and spices are mixed with ground beef to make these well-seasoned burgers. It will keep them asking for the recipe.

Aaron's Missouri Burger

Ingredients

• 1 pound lean ground beef
  • 2 teaspoons onion powder
  • 1/4 cup honey mustard
  • 1 teaspoon garlic powder
  • 2 teaspoons crushed red pepper
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1/4 cup brown sugar
  • 2 tablespoons olive oil
  • 4 slices Swiss cheese (optional)
  • 4 hamburger buns

Directions

1. Mix the ground beef, onion powder, honey mustard, garlic powder, crushed red pepper, salt, and brown sugar in a large bowl. Shape into 4 patties.
  2. Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Cook the burgers, turning occasionally, to desired temperature, 15 to 20 minutes for well done. Top each patty with a slice of Swiss cheese shortly before removing from the skillet; serve on hamburger buns.

Also, for a swift side dish, try these Seasoned Oven Fries. These potato wedges are just as tasty as the deep-fried versions, but with a lot less mess.

Seasoned Oven Fries

Ingredients

• 6 medium baking potatoes
  • 2 tablespoons butter or margarine, melted
  • 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
  • 1 teaspoon seasoned salt

Directions

1. Cut each potato lengthwise into thirds; cut each portion into thirds. In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the butter, oil and seasoned salt. Add potatoes; shake to coat. Place in a single layer on a greased baking sheet. Bake, uncovered, at 450 degrees F for 20-25 minutes or until tender, turning once.

Have A Wonderful Weekend,

Phil

+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!