Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Phillip Black

5931 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
RE: Papas Kitchen
2/14/2011 5:13:46 AM

Hi Becky,

It's great to see you here at the Forum. Love the Pork Chops and 'Taters. Sounds wonderful. Hope you'll stop by often. As you can see, we love to share Recipes, and I love trying out new ones.

How about some Homemade Crescent Rolls to go with those Chops. This handy recipe lets me start the preparation the night before. The next day I can shape the rolls before any guests arrive, let them rise and pop them into the oven for fresh-baked rolls in minutes.

Homemade Crescent Rolls

Ingredients

• 1 (.25 ounce) package active dry yeast
  • 1 cup warm water (110 degrees to 115 degrees)
  • 1 cup butter or margarine, melted
  • 1/2 cup sugar
  • 3 eggs
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 4 cups all-purpose flour

Directions

1. In a small bowl, dissolve yeast in warm water. In a mixing bowl, beat butter and sugar. Add eggs, salt and yeast mixture. Stir in enough flour until dough leaves the sides of bowl and is soft (do not knead). Cover and refrigerate overnight.
  2. Punch dough down. Turn onto a floured surface; divide in half. Roll each portion into a 12-in. circle; cut each circle into 12 wedges. Roll up wedges from the wide end and place with pointed end down on greased baking sheets. Curve ends to form crescents. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 1-1/2 hours. Bake at 350 degrees F for 20-22 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from pans to wire racks.

Makes 2 Dozen Rolls

Have A Super Week My Friend,

Phil

“There may be trouble all around, but I am calling you to a place of peace. Be still and know that I am God. Come to Me, and I will give you wisdom, strength, and grace for everything you face." Psalm 46:10
+0
2/14/2011 3:08:15 PM

Hello Phil and Friends, been going through all these delicious recipes and now I am very hungry. Thank you for sharing.

Sara

+0
Phillip Black

5931 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
2/14/2011 3:43:19 PM

Hi Sara,

Thanks for stopping back by and Thanks for sharing such a Beautiful Graphic.

Here's a little something that I had meant to include in my Pizza Special, but I left it out by mistake. I'd been looking for a healthy alternative to white pizza dough—and this is it. A quick, easy, yummy homemade pizza dough, which you can top any way that you like. This makes a thin crust but it can be doubled for a thick crust.

Whole Wheat and Honey Pizza Dough

Ingredients

• 1 (.25 ounce) package active dry yeast
  • 1 cup warm water
  • 2 cups whole wheat flour
  • 1/4 cup wheat germ
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • 1 tablespoon honey

Directions

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
  2. In a small bowl, dissolve yeast in warm water. Let stand until creamy, about 10 minutes.
  3. In a large bowl combine flour, wheat germ and salt. Make a well in the middle and add honey and yeast mixture. Stir well to combine. Cover and set in a warm place to rise for a few minutes.
  4. Roll dough on a floured pizza pan and poke a few holes in it with a fork.
  5. Bake in preheated oven for 5 to 10 minutes, or until desired crispiness is achieved.

Have A Wonderful Week My Friend,

Phil

“There may be trouble all around, but I am calling you to a place of peace. Be still and know that I am God. Come to Me, and I will give you wisdom, strength, and grace for everything you face." Psalm 46:10
+0
Phillip Black

5931 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
2/15/2011 7:58:38 PM

Hello My Friends,

This recipe keeps the Halibut moist beyond belief, and the sauce is delightfully rich, but not overpowering, with just a slight kick to it.

Halibut Supreme

Ingredients

• 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
  • 1/2 cup mayonnaise
  • 1/2 cup sour cream
  • 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
  • 1 1/2 teaspoons lemon juice
  • 1 tablespoon diced onion
  • 1/8 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
  • 2 pounds halibut steaks

Directions

1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Lightly grease a medium baking dish.
  2. In a bowl, mix the Cheddar cheese, mayonnaise, sour cream, flour, lemon juice, onion, and cayenne pepper.
  3. Arrange the halibut steaks in the prepared baking dish, and cover with the Cheddar cheese mixture.
  4. Bake 10 minutes in the preheated oven. Reduce heat to 350 degrees F, and continue baking 15 minutes, or until fish is easily flaked with a fork.

My Family absolutely loves this asparagus recipe, crisp and flavorful, but never tough or chewy. This Roast Asparagus is a 15-minute side dish that you'll love as well.

Superfast Asparagus

Ingredients

• 1 pound asparagus
  • 1 teaspoon Cajun seasoning

Directions

1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C).
  2. Snap the asparagus at the tender part of the stalk. Arrange spears in one layer on a baking sheet. Spray lightly with nonstick spray; sprinkle with the Cajun seasoning.
  3. Bake in the preheated oven until tender, about 10 minutes.

Have A Terrific Week,

Phil

+0
Phillip Black

5931 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
2/16/2011 6:47:47 PM

Hello Friends,

Today we'll share another Delicious Choice from my Weight Watchers Menu.

Even though Valentine’s Day has come and gone, you can still share a Romantic Dinner for two with your Special Someone tonight. This creamy Chicken Breasts with Mushroom Cream Sauce Recipe is a great, low calorie dinner idea that’s not only easy, delicious and low in WW Points, but it tastes so good, you’ll have a hard time remembering that you are on a diet. Each serving has just 5 WW Points, and consists of a nicely sized chicken breast, covered in a tangy mushroom cream sauce that is so yummy, the chicken just becomes a device to into your get more sauce your mouth. Try it with some steamed Veggies or a low calorie salad, for a healthy mid-week meal.

Chicken Breasts with Mushroom Cream Sauce

Ingredients:
- 2 4 oz boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 tbsp canola oil
- 1 large shallot, minced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup ****ake mushroom caps, thinly sliced
- ¼ cup dry white wine
- 1/4 cup fat free chicken broth
- 2 tbsp fat free sour cream
- ¼ cup scallions, minced
- 1 tbsp fresh chives, minced
- 1/2 tsp freshly ground pepper
- 1/2 tsp salt

Directions:
Season chicken with pepper and salt on both sides. Heat oil in a medium skillet over medium heat. Add the chicken and cook, turning once or twice and adjusting the heat to prevent burning, until brown and an instant-read thermometer inserted into the thickest part registers 165°F, 12 to 16 minutes. Transfer to a plate and tent with foil to keep warm.

Add shallot and garlic to the pan and cook, stirring, until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Add mushrooms; cook, stirring occasionally, until tender, about 2 minutes. Pour in wine simmer until almost evaporated, scraping up any browned bits, about 1-2 minutes. Add in broth and cook until reduced by half, 1 to 2 minutes. Stir in sour cream and chives and scallions; return to a simmer.

Return the chicken to the pan, turn to coat with sauce and cook until heated through, about 1 minute.

Serving size: 1 chicken breast with ½ the sauce
Each serving = 5 WW Points; 215 calories; 9 g fat; 5 g carbohydrates; 25 g protein; 1 g fiber

Have A Terrific Week,

Phil

+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!