Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Phillip Black

5931 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
RE: Papas Kitchen
2/9/2011 12:40:45 AM

Helllo My Friends,

This Evening we have a new twist on Lasagna, with this Recipe featuring potatoes in place of pasta. I use ham, but you could also use smoked turkey. I serve this with a green salad for a Complete Meal.

Creamy Potato Lasagna

Ingredients

• 1 (12 ounce) jar Alfredo sauce
  • 1 cup milk
  • 3 pounds potatoes, peeled and sliced lengthwise about 1/8 inch thick
  • 5 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
  • 1 1/2 cups diced ham
  • 1 (10 ounce) package chopped frozen broccoli, thawed
  • 2 cups shredded Swiss cheese

Directions

1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
  2. Lightly grease a 9x13 inch baking dish. In a medium bowl, whisk together the Alfredo sauce and milk. Spread 1/4 cup of the sauce in the bottom of the baking dish. Then layer 1/3 of the potatoes over the sauce in the dish. Sprinkle with 1 tablespoon of Parmesan cheese and salt and pepper to taste.
  3. In a separate medium bowl, combine the ham, broccoli and 1 1/2 cups of the Swiss cheese. Mix well and spread 1/3 of this mixture over the potatoes in the baking dish. Then top with another layer of potatoes, followed by the ham mixture, finally topping all with the remaining Swiss cheese and Parmesan cheese. Pour the remaining Alfredo sauce over all.
  4. Cover and bake at 400 degrees F (200 degrees C) for 45 minutes, then uncover and bake at 350 degrees F (175 degree C) for additional 25 minutes or until potatoes are tender. Let stand 10 to 15 minutes before serving

Have A Terrific Tuesday,

Phil

“There may be trouble all around, but I am calling you to a place of peace. Be still and know that I am God. Come to Me, and I will give you wisdom, strength, and grace for everything you face." Psalm 46:10
+0
Phillip Black

5931 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
2/10/2011 1:23:40 AM

Hello Everyone,

Now that we're all (mostly) recovered from the Steelers’ loss this Sunday, I’m back again with more Weight Watchers menu ideas, and this evening I have a delicious WW Chinese Food Recipe to share.

This Healthy Szechuan Chicken, has just 6 WW Points for a very full, 1 cup serving, and makes a great dinner idea for any Weight Watcher who is craving Chinese food. Simply by making a few healthy changes to a traditional Szechuan Chicken Recipe, we have a healthier version, lower in fat and calories, but full of fiber, protein and heart healthy fats. This dish leaves out none of the flavors and will most likely fool anyone into thinking you just picked this up from your favorite Chinese food joint. If you love Chinese fast food recipes like I do, you really must try this dish!

Healthy Szechuan Chicken

Ingredients:

- 1lb pound skinless, boneless chicken breast, cut into bite size pieces
- 1 1/2 cups fresh broccoli florets
- 1 small yellow onion, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 green onion, finely chopped
- 3 cloves minced garlic
- 1 tsp rice wine or dry sherry
- 1 tsp reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 cup dry-roasted peanuts
- 1 tbsp fresh ginger, minced
- 1 tsp canola oil
- 1 1/2 tsp cornstarch
Sauce
- 3 tbsp fat free chicken broth
- 1/4 tsp cornstarch
- 2 tsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 tbsp tomato paste
- 1 tsp reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1/2 tsp crushed red pepper
- ½ tsp ground coriander
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp sesame oil

Directions:

To prepare Szechuan sauce: Whisk broth, tomato paste, vinegar, sugar, soy sauce, sesame oil, cornstarch, coriander, black pepper and crushed red pepper in a small bowl.
To prepare chicken: Combine chicken, rice wine (or sherry), soy sauce, cornstarch and garlic in a medium bowl; mix thoroughly.
Heat a 14-inch flat-bottomed wok or large skillet over high heat. Add oil into the pan, then add ginger and onion. Stirfry for about 30 seconds. Then add the chicken mixture. Cook until the chicken begins to brown, about 2 minutes. Continue stir-frying until the chicken is lightly browned on all sides, another 1 to 2 minutes. Add broccoli, peanuts, and bell pepper and stir-fry for 1 minute. Now stir the Szechuan sauce into the pan and stir-fry until the chicken is just cooked through and the sauce is slightly thickened and glossy, 30 seconds to 1 minute. Transfer to a serving dish and sprinkle with scallions. Serve immediately.

Entire recipe makes 4 servings
Serving size is 1 cup
Each serving = 6 WW Points

Per Serving 233 calories; 10g fat; 11g carbohydrates; 28g protein; 4g fiber

Have A Super Week My Frriends,

Phil

“There may be trouble all around, but I am calling you to a place of peace. Be still and know that I am God. Come to Me, and I will give you wisdom, strength, and grace for everything you face." Psalm 46:10
+0
Phillip Black

5931 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
2/10/2011 8:00:54 PM
Hello My Friends,

Today, we have a little something different. A hamburger patty filled with onion, pickle, garlic, and mayonnaise is baked inside prepared bread dough with American cheese in this recipe for a different way to serve a cheeseburger. For a real treat, serve it together with the Yam Fries featured below.

Hidden Cheeseburger

Ingredients

• 2 pounds ground beef
  • 2 small dill pickles, minced
  • 1 small onion, minced
  • 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
  • 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
  • 1 tablespoon ketchup
  • 1 teaspoon minced garlic
  • salt and pepper to taste
  • 2 tablespoons olive oil
  • 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
  • 1 pound frozen bread dough, thawed
  • 8 slices American cheese
  • 1 tablespoon melted butter

Directions

1. Combine the ground beef, pickles, onion, Parmesan cheese, mayonnaise, ketchup, garlic, salt, and pepper in a bowl. Form the mixture into 4 patties.
  2. Heat the olive oil in a skillet over medium heat. Cook the hamburger patties in the hot oil until the burgers are cooked to your desired degree of doneness, 8 to 10 minutes for well done.
  3. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper, and set aside. Cover a flat surface with the flour. Divide the bread dough into 4 even pieces; roll each piece into a flattened rectangle on the floured surface at least twice the size of the American cheese slices. Place one slice of American cheese on each piece of dough; top each with one of the cooked patties and another slice of American cheese. Fold the dough over the top of the meat and cheese. Pinch the dough around the edges to seal completely. Arrange on the prepared baking sheet with the seam side facing downward. Brush the tops with the melted butter; move to a warm area and allow to rise for 20 minutes.
  4. Preheat an oven to 425 degrees.
  5. Bake in the preheated oven until the bread has browned, about 20 minutes.

This is my answer to the oh-so-yummy, but very fattening, deep-fried yam fries.

Baked Yam Fries with Dip

Ingredients

• 1 teaspoon olive oil
  • 2 yams, peeled and cut into wedges
  • 1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt
  • 5 tablespoons fat-free sour cream
  • 1 teaspoon mayonnaise
  • 1/2 teaspoon taco seasoning
  • 1/8 teaspoon paprika

Directions

1. Preheat an oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Spread the olive oil over a baking sheet.
  2. Arrange the yams on the prepared baking sheet in a single layer; season with the seasoned salt.
  3. Bake the yams in the preheated oven until soft, about 25 minutes.
  4. While the yams bake, stir the sour cream, mayonnaise, taco seasoning, and paprika together in a small bowl. Serve as a dip for the yams.

Have A Wonderful Week,

Phil

+0
Phillip Black

5931 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
2/14/2011 1:41:19 AM

Hi Everyone,

Tonight I've got a treat for you all, whatever your preferences may be. It's Pizza Night!

First of all, this slightly sweet chicken pizza has been a requested meal among my family since coming up with the recipe some years ago. The different flavors work so well together.

Teriyaki Chicken Pizza

Ingredients

• 1 (15 ounce) can pineapple chunks - drained with juice reserved
  • 2 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves - cut into bite-size pieces
  • 1 teaspoon minced garlic
  • 2 (10 ounce) cans refrigerated pizza crust dough
  • 1 cup teriyaki sauce
  • 1 small sweet onions, thinly sliced
  • 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
  • 1 cup crumbled feta cheese

Directions

1. Combine reserved pineapple juice, chicken, and garlic in a small baking dish. Cover, and refrigerate for 1 hour.
  2. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
  3. Remove chicken from pineapple. Saute chicken and garlic in a very hot pan, so that the chicken browns just slightly.
  4. Roll out pizza dough on a 16 inch pizza pan. Bake dough for approximately 7 minutes, and then remove from oven. Brush dough with a thin layer of teriyaki sauce, then a layer of the onion, and top with Cheddar cheese. Then top with chicken, reserved pineapple chunks, and feta cheese. Bake for an additional 15 minutes, or until cheese is bubbly and slightly browned.

Next, for those Vegetarians, like myself, amongst you, here's an appetizer that's exciting and unique! Fresh pears and Gorgonzola cheese star as unlikely cohorts in this wildly delicious flavor extravaganza.

Pear and Gorgonzola Cheese Pizza

Ingredients

• 1 (16 ounce) package refrigerated pizza crust dough
  • 4 ounces sliced provolone cheese
  • 1 Bosc pear, thinly sliced
  • 2 ounces chopped walnuts
  • 2 1/2 ounces Gorgonzola cheese, crumbled
  • 2 tablespoons chopped fresh chives

Directions

1. Preheat oven to 450 degrees F (230 degrees C).
  2. Place pizza crust dough on a medium baking sheet. Layer with Provolone cheese. Top cheese with Bosc pear slices. Sprinkle with walnuts and Gorgonzola cheese.
  3. Bake in the preheated oven 8 to 10 minutes, or until cheese is melted and crust is lightly browned. Remove from heat. Top with chives and slice to serve.

Finally, for those Kids, or Kids-At-Heart, out there this Evening, here's a Treat just for you. The cookie 'crust' is very chewy and the cream cheese 'sauce' was a great touch. Refreshing sliced fruit and creamy whipped topping over a tender cookie crust - delicious, impressive, and easy. Kiwi and peaches may also be added to pizza if desired. Very simple and a good way to get your kids to eat fruit.

Dessert Pizza

Ingredients

• 1 (18 ounce) package refrigerated sugar cookie dough
  • 1 (8 ounce) container frozen whipped topping, thawed
  • 1/2 cup sliced banana
  • 1/2 cup sliced fresh strawberries
  • 1/2 cup crushed pineapple, drained
  • 1/2 cup seedless grapes, halved

Directions

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
  2. Press cookie dough evenly into a 12 inch pizza pan. Bake in preheated oven for 15 to 20 minutes, until golden brown. Cool in pan on wire rack.
  3. Spread whipped topping over cooled crust. Arrange fruit in a decorative pattern. Refrigerate until ready to serve.

Hope Your Week Is Terrific,

Phil

+0
2/14/2011 2:41:15 AM

I would like to share this awesome recipe that my fmily loves and is easy to do.

bake dish and slice up like home style potatoes thick about 2 potatoes and spread across dish spice potatoes with your favorite spices

lay pork chops on top of that and spice with same spices

Layer potoes the same way about 2 on top of that and spice

Then spread about 2 cans of cream of mushroom soup on top of that

cover with foil

bake in the oven on 350 for about a hour or untill chops are done

No need for sides because potatoes makes your sides quick and simple dish and very quick to do when you are in a hurry,serve with rolls.

Becky

http://www.actfast.124online.com This is a actfast get into 2 companies for the price of one and get paid by both for just signing one person a month!
+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!