Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Phillip Black

5931 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
RE: Papas Kitchen
1/25/2011 8:34:46 PM

Hello My Friends,

This recipe turned out great. The meat was so tender, I could barely slice it, it was falling apart. The family loved it and it was so very easy to prepare. Just add some green beans with toasted almonds, and some roasted potatoes, and your meal is made.

Rosemary Pork Roast

Ingredients

• 3 pounds pork tenderloin
  • 1 tablespoon olive oil
  • 2 cloves garlic, minced
  • 3 tablespoons dried rosemary

Directions

1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
  2. Rub the roast OR tenderloin liberally with olive oil, then spread the garlic over it. Place it in a 10x15 inch roasting pan and sprinkle with the rosemary.
  3. Bake at 375 degrees F for 2 hours, or until the internal temperature of the pork reaches 160 degrees F.

If you are looking for a quick and easy side dish recipe that tastes great and is low in calories, you’ll be surprised at how amazingly yummy these potatoes turn out.

Ranch Roasted Red Potatoes Recipe

Ingredients:

- 12 oz red potatoes, washed and quartered
- 1 packet Ranch Dressing Dry Mix
- non fat, olive oil cooking spray
- 1 tsp salt

Directions:

Preheat oven to 425 degrees. In a large bowl add potatoes and spray lightly with the cooking spray. Then, add in the Ranch mix and salt, and toss well to coat each potato piece evenly. Spray a baking sheet with non stick cooking spray and spread out potatoes evenly on sheet. Bake in oven until potatoes are cooked through, and edges start to turn very dark brown, approximately 20-25 minutes. Serve immediately.

Complete your meal with this very healthy gourmet side dish.

Toasted Almond Green Bean Salad

Ingredients

• 2 pounds fresh green beans, trimmed
  • 1/2 cup olive oil
  • 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
  • 1/2 cup sliced almonds

Directions

1. Place beans in a large saucepan, and cover with water. Boil beans until soft but still bright green, about 15 minutes. Transfer beans immediately to an ice water bath to cool. Drain after 3 minutes. Place beans in large bowl. Toss with balsamic vinegar, stir in th olive oil.
  2. Place the almonds in a heavy skillet over low heat; cook until golden. Toss almonds into the green bean salad. Serve at room temperature or chilled

Have A Super Week,

Phil

“There may be trouble all around, but I am calling you to a place of peace. Be still and know that I am God. Come to Me, and I will give you wisdom, strength, and grace for everything you face." Psalm 46:10
+0
Phillip Black

5931 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
1/27/2011 6:41:39 PM

Hello Friends,

If you've never tried sirloin steak give this family-pleasing version a try. It features a creamy sauce flavored with balsamic vinegar, and in just 40 minutes, you've got steak, veggies and potatoes ready to serve.

Beef Sirloin Steak with Baby Spinach

Ingredients

• 2 tablespoons olive oil
  • 1 (1 pound) boneless beef sirloin steak, 3/4-inch thick, cut into 4 pieces
  • 1 large onion, sliced
  • 1 small red pepper, chopped
  • 3 cloves garlic, minced
  • 1 (10.75 ounce) can Campbell's® Condensed Cream of Mushroom Soup (Regular or 98% Fat Free)
  • 1/2 cup water
  • 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
  • 1 tablespoon chopped fresh rosemary leaves
  • 1 (7 ounce) bag fresh baby spinach
  • Hot mashed potatoes

Directions

1. Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a 12-inch skillet over medium-high heat. Add the beef and cook until well browned on both sides. Remove the beef from the skillet. Pour off any fat.
  2. Heat the remaining oil in the skillet. Add the onion and pepper and cook for 1 minute, stirring occasionally. Add the garlic and cook until the vegetables are tender-crisp, stirring often.
  3. Stir the soup, water, vinegar and rosemary in the skillet and heat to a boil. Return the beef to the skillet. Reduce the heat to medium. Stir in the spinach. Cover and cook the beef for 2 minutes for medium or until desired doneness. Serve the beef and vegetable mixture with the potatoes.

Have A Terrific Thursday,

Phil

“There may be trouble all around, but I am calling you to a place of peace. Be still and know that I am God. Come to Me, and I will give you wisdom, strength, and grace for everything you face." Psalm 46:10
+0
Phillip Black

5931 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
1/29/2011 12:23:55 AM
Hello My Friends,

Here's a little something special for our good Friend Donna. I know how much she loves Shrimp, almost as much as I do. This makes the best cream sauce I've ever had. It's a quick meal that is a sure way to impress company without the hassle.

Angel Hair Pasta with Garlic Shrimp and Broccoli

Ingredients

• 1 (12 ounce) package angel hair pasta
  • 2 1/2 tablespoons butter, divided
  • 1 1/2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
  • 1 1/2 cups milk
  • 1/2 cup heavy cream
  • 1 1/2 tablespoons pesto
  • 1 1/2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
  • 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
  • 2 teaspoons salt, divided
  • 1/2 teaspoon ground white pepper
  • 1 dash Worcestershire sauce
  • 1 dash hot sauce
  • 1/2 (16 ounce) package frozen broccoli florets, thawed
  • 1 pound jumbo shrimp, peeled and deveined

Directions

1. Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add pasta and cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until al dente; drain.
  2. Melt 1.5 tablespoons butter in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Stir in flour and cook for 2 minutes. Slowly stir in milk and cream; simmer, stirring constantly, until thickened. Stir in pesto, parsley, garlic, Parmesan cheese, 1 teaspoon salt, white pepper, Worcestershire sauce and hot sauce. Reduce heat to low and allow to simmer.
  3. Meanwhile, place broccoli in a steamer over 1 inch of boiling water, and cover. Cook until tender but still firm, about 2 to 6 minutes. Drain.
  4. Melt 1 tablespoon butter in a large skillet. Saute shrimp, garlic and 1 teaspoon salt for 5 minutes, or until shrimp are pink.
  5. In a large bowl, toss pasta, shrimp and broccoli; pour sauce over and serve.

Have A Happy Friday,

Phil

+0
Phillip Black

5931 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
1/30/2011 1:45:12 AM
Hello My Friends,

We will start again this evening with an old standby favorite of mine. A generous amount of oregano offers a musky note to this Chicken basted with a tart lemon-Worcestershire-soy sauce blend.

Oregano Chicken

Ingredients

• 1/4 cup butter, melted
  • 1/4 cup lemon juice
  • 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
  • 2 tablespoons soy sauce
  • 2 teaspoons dried oregano
  • 1 teaspoon garlic powder
  • 6 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves

Directions

1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
  2. Combine the melted butter or margarine, lemon juice, Worcestershire sauce, soy sauce, oregano and garlic powder. Mix well.
  3. Place chicken in an ungreased 7x11 inch baking dish. Pour the butter/oregano mixture over the chicken. Bake in the preheated oven for 15 minutes. Baste juices over the chicken. Bake for an additional 15 minutes. Transfer the chicken to a serving platter and serve the pan drippings over hot cooked rice, if desired.

I love vegetables with absolutely nothing on them, so this recipe was for me. The asparagus turned out beautifully, not too mushy, not too bland. This makes even tough asparagus, tender and tasty. You might also try using vinaigrette dressing in place of the butter as well.

Simply Steamed Asparagus

Ingredients

• 1 bunch asparagus spears
  • 1 teaspoon butter
  • 1/4 teaspoon salt
  • 3 cups water

Directions

1. Place water in the bottom half of a steamer pan set. Add salt and butter, and bring to a boil.
  2. Trim the dry ends off of the asparagus. If the spears are thick, peel them lightly with a vegetable peeler. Place them in the top half of the steamer pan set. Steam for 5 to 10 minutes depending on the thickness of the asparagus, or until asparagus is tender.

Finish off with this simple, delicious homemade bread. This is especially great for kids who are anxious to help out with dinner. Simply 'squish' ingredients in a large resealable bag before lightly kneading and baking.

Bread in a Bag

Ingredients

• 3 cups all-purpose flour, divided
  • 3 tablespoons white sugar
  • 1 (.25 ounce) package rapid rise yeast
  • 1 cup warm water
  • 3 tablespoons non-fat dry milk
  • 3 tablespoons olive oil
  • 1 1/2 teaspoons salt

Directions

1. In a large resealable freezer bag, combine 1 cup of flour, sugar, yeast and warm water. Squeeze most of the air out of the bag, and seal. Squish with your hands until the well blended. Set aside to rest for 10 minutes at room temperature, or until bubbles appear.
  2. In a separate bowl, stir together 1 cup of flour, dry milk, oil and salt. Pour into the resealable bag and squeeze out most of the air. Seal, and squish until well blended. Add the last cup of flour to the bag, and continue mixing in the same manner until well blended.
  3. Remove the dough from the bag, and place on a floured surface. Knead for 5 to 8 minutes. Form into a small loaf, and place in a greased 8x4 inch loaf pan. Cover with a towel, and allow to rise for about 30 minutes, or until your finger leaves an impression when you poke the top of the loaf gently.
  4. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
  5. Bake the bread for 35 minutes in the preheated oven, until golden brown.

Have A Fantastic Weekend My Friends,

Phil

+0
Myrna Ferguson

16559 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
1/30/2011 1:54:54 AM
HI Phil,

Ingredients

• 3 cups all-purpose flour, divided
  • 3 tablespoons white sugar
  • 1 (.25 ounce) package rapid rise yeast
  • 1 cup warm water
  • 3 tablespoons non-fat dry milk
  • 3 tablespoons olive oil
  • 1 1/2 teaspoons salt

Directions

1. In a large resealable freezer bag, combine 1 cup of flour, sugar, yeast and warm water. Squeeze most of the air out of the bag, and seal. Squish with your hands until the well blended. Set aside to rest for 10 minutes at room temperature, or until bubbles appear.
  2. In a separate bowl, stir together 1 cup of flour, dry milk, oil and salt. Pour into the resealable bag and squeeze out most of the air. Seal, and squish until well blended. Add the last cup of flour to the bag, and continue mixing in the same manner until well blended.
  3. Remove the dough from the bag, and place on a floured surface. Knead for 5 to 8 minutes. Form into a small loaf, and place in a greased 8x4 inch loaf pan. Cover with a towel, and allow to rise for about 30 minutes, or until your finger leaves an impression when you poke the top of the loaf gently.
  4. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
  5. Bake the bread for 35 minutes in the preheated oven, until golden brown.
I just made a copy of the Bread in a Bag. Neat idea, I will see how I do.

Thanks.
Myrna
LOVE IS THE ANSWER
+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!