Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Phillip Black

5931 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
RE: Papas Kitchen
10/31/2010 1:16:57 AM

Hi Everyone,

Because this Weekend's Halloween, I thought that we might share a little something special just for the occasion.

Cut faces into some stuffed peppers to make cute jack-o'-lanterns for your Halloween dinner. Use yellow or orange peppers for an even more realistic effect. The flavorful beef stuffing is made with whole wheat bread instead of rice.

Stuffed Jack-O-Lantern Bell Peppers

Ingredients

• 6 bell peppers, any color
  • 1 pound ground beef
  • 1 egg
  • 4 slices whole wheat bread, cubed
  • 1 small onion, chopped
  • 1 small tomato, diced
  • 2 cloves garlic, minced
  • 1/2 cup chili sauce
  • 1/4 cup prepared yellow mustard
  • 3 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
  • 1/4 teaspoon salt
  • 1/4 teaspoon pepper

Directions

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease an 8x8 inch baking dish.
  2. Lightly mix together the ground beef, egg, bread cubes, onion, tomato, garlic, chili sauce, mustard, Worcestershire sauce, salt, and pepper in a bowl.
  3. Wash the peppers, and cut jack-o'-lantern faces into the peppers with a sharp paring knife, making triangle eyes and noses, and pointy-teeth smiles. Slice off the tops of the peppers, and scoop out the seeds and cores. Stuff the peppers lightly with the beef stuffing, and place them into the prepared baking dish so they lean against each other.
  4. Bake in the preheated oven until the peppers are tender and the stuffing is cooked through and juicy, about 1 hour.

Have A Happy & Safe Halloween My Friends,

Phil

“There may be trouble all around, but I am calling you to a place of peace. Be still and know that I am God. Come to Me, and I will give you wisdom, strength, and grace for everything you face." Psalm 46:10
+0
Myrna Ferguson

16559 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
10/31/2010 1:51:15 AM
Hi Phil,

Let it up to you to come with something neat. I like your pepper jack-o-lanterns.

Hope you have a great day.
Myrna

LOVE IS THE ANSWER
+0
Phillip Black

5931 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
10/31/2010 6:43:40 PM

Hi Myrna,

Thanks for stopping by to visit and Thanks for the wonderful photos of the Carved Pumpkins. I understand that the carver, Ray Villafane was the subject of a special Sunday Morning segment on CBS this morning.

Continuing with the Pumpkin & Halloween theme, here's a little something that's absolutely delicious. A chili for autumn! Turkey, pumpkin, and traditional chili ingredients go together well in this spicy concoction. I know it raelly doesn't sound appetizing, but it's unbelievable how tasty it is, and so easy too! Also, for a fun Halloween attention getter, try the Witches Brew which follows. Great for those Halloween parties, or for those little Ghosts & Goblins who stop by to visit. A fake hand is frozen in a disposable glove and then slipped into the punch bowl!

Pumpkin Turkey Chili

Ingredients

• 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
  • 1 cup chopped onion
  • 1/2 cup chopped green bell pepper
  • 1/2 cup chopped yellow bell pepper
  • 1 clove garlic, minced
  • 1 pound ground turkey
  • 1 (14.5 ounce) can diced tomatoes
  • 2 cups pumpkin puree
  • 1 1/2 tablespoons chili powder
  • 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
  • 1 dash salt
  • 1/2 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
  • 1/2 cup sour cream

Directions

1. Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium heat, and saute the onion, green bell pepper, yellow bell pepper, and garlic until tender. Stir in the turkey, and cook until evenly brown. Drain, and mix in tomatoes and pumpkin. Season with chili powder, pepper, and salt. Reduce heat to low, cover, and simmer 20 minutes. Serve topped with Cheddar cheese and sour cream.

Witches Brew

Ingredients

• 1-1/2 (10 ounce) packages frozen raspberries, thawed
  • 3-3/4 cups cranberry juice
  • 3 envelopes unflavored gelatin
  • 3 liters ginger ale
  • 3 liters sparkling apple cider (non-alcoholic)
  • 9 gummi snakes candy

Directions

1. To make the frozen hand: Wash and rinse the outside of a rubber glove. Turn glove inside out and set aside. In a 4 cup measuring cup, combine the thawed raspberries and cranberry juice.
  2. Pour 2 cups of the raspberry mixture into a small saucepan. Sprinkle the gelatin over and let stand 2 minutes. Warm over low heat, stirring constantly, just until gelatin dissolves. Mix back into the reserved raspberry mixture in the measuring cup.
  3. Pour raspberry mixture into the inverted glove. Gather up the top of the glove and tie securely with kitchen twine. Freeze until solid, or several days if possible.
  4. To serve: Carefully cut glove away from frozen hand. Place frozen hand, palm side up, leaning against side of a large punch bowl. Pour in ginger ale and sparkling cider. Garnish with gummy snakes.

Makes 24 Servings

Have A Fun-filled Halloween,

Phil

P.S. Wishing Everyone A Happy Halloween Stop by if you can

“There may be trouble all around, but I am calling you to a place of peace. Be still and know that I am God. Come to Me, and I will give you wisdom, strength, and grace for everything you face." Psalm 46:10
+0
Phillip Black

5931 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
11/2/2010 12:56:28 AM

Hello My Friends,

Well, Halloween is past, and that means that Thanksgiving and Christmas can't be far behind.

These light, little pastry delights are absolutely wonderful for all of those Family get togethers over the Holidays! very quick and simple to prepare as well. A rich, creamy chicken sauce is rolled in croissants and baked to form delicious puffs. Melt-in-your-mouth goodness!

Chicken Puffs

Ingredients

• 2 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves - cubed
  • 3 tablespoons chopped onion
  • 3 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
  • 3/4 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
  • 6 tablespoons butter
  • 3 (10 ounce) cans refrigerated crescent roll dough

Directions

1. In a medium saucepan over medium heat, slowly cook and stir skinless, boneless chicken breast halves, onion and garlic. Cook until onions are tender and chicken is lightly browned.
  2. In a medium bowl, blend chicken mixture, cream cheese and butter until creamy.
  3. Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C).
  4. Unroll croissants and divide in half to create 12 rectangles. Place approximately one tablespoon of the chicken mixture on each rectangle. Fold into balls.
  5. Arrange balls on a large baking sheet. Bake in the preheated oven 12 minutes, or until golden brown.

Have A Magnificent Monday Evening My Friends,

Phil

+0
11/3/2010 4:07:07 PM

Phil, that sound absolutely delicious and something I might have to try during the holidays. It should be exciting around here, I will have both my sons here again!! Maybe stepson will visit also. I will need to fix lots of food for 4 men!!

Thank you friend. It seems hopeless anymore to get responses in our forums. I did put a link to this one in the letter I sent out yesterday - maybe you will get some response.

Have a happy Wednesday!

Sara

+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!