Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Phillip Black

5931 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
RE: Papas Kitchen
10/21/2010 5:57:44 PM

Hi Jeremey,

I'm so glad that you stopped by for a visit and I appreciate that you shared such a tasty Recipe we us here at the Forum. Here at my house, we used to call these "Inside-Out Cheeseburgers". Love that you've included the diced Onions as well.

These have always been a big hit on the Grill around my house. Of course, I use Ground Turkey instead of Beef for mine, but either way they are delicious. Why put the cheese on top of the burger when half of it just melts off? Instead, why not form the burger around the cheese, so that you can char the meat and safeguard the more delicate flavors. I've experimented with different Cheese blends and they all work well, just as long as I use a mixture of hard or semihard cheeses. For example, Emmentaler and Gouda or Parmigiano and Reggiano both work quite well.

I also appreciate that you've started such an informative and helpful Forum, and I wish you much success. Hope that everyone will visit you over at The Age-Old Question, Do You Need A Website.

Have A Terrific Week My Friend,

Phil

“There may be trouble all around, but I am calling you to a place of peace. Be still and know that I am God. Come to Me, and I will give you wisdom, strength, and grace for everything you face." Psalm 46:10
+0
10/21/2010 8:32:45 PM
Turkey is Also wonderful to use as inside out burgers... Try a Danish recipe. called Cabbage pudding.. real easy
1lb of turkey
1lb of ground pork
1head of cabbage...cook first then mix with meat...(raw)
mix together in a large bowl...put in baking pan that will fit all (doesn't need to be greased)
Cook at 400 for 1hr -1.5 it will become like a meatloaf...Enjoy
And.........
No Thank you Phil for you insight and positive words for all too see. Gods blessings have put you here for a purpose. To bring enlightenment and wisdom. Bless you and your family for eternity.
You will Never have to Walk the Road alone with Him by Side
‎"Success is peace of mind which is a direct result of self-satisfaction in knowing you made the effort to become the best of which you are capable" QUOTED "MIM"
+0
Phillip Black

5931 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
10/21/2010 11:26:28 PM

Hi Sara,

Thanks for stopping by to visit and thanks for the Cheese Bread. It looks absolutely delicious. I'm not too familiar with flax seed meal, however, it seems like I read quite a bit about it when I was involved with the Atkins Low-Carb diet. You know me, I'm always ready to experience a little something different, as long as it's healthier and tastes good. Love to try a recipe or two.

Once again, Thanks for your continuing support and positive contributions.

Have A Blessed Evening My Friend,

Phil

“There may be trouble all around, but I am calling you to a place of peace. Be still and know that I am God. Come to Me, and I will give you wisdom, strength, and grace for everything you face." Psalm 46:10
+0
Phillip Black

5931 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
10/22/2010 12:07:03 AM

Hello Again Jeremey,

You do know the way to my heart, at least when it comes to food. Anyone who can find a new way for me to eat Cabbage, is a Friend for life. Seriously though, this sounds delicious, and I now know what I'll be fixing for Supper tomorrow evening. Thanks my Friend.

Thanks also for your kind words and thoughts. I do indeed feel that He's given me "another" Second Chance at leading my life for Him, and after He has so richly Blessed my life so many times, how can I help but share His love with those around me as well. Thank You Jesus.

I love your Graphic by the way, and I will thank Him for leading our paths on this journey through life to this Crossroads, so that we each might find a new Friend. Here's one of my favorite Graphics, and it sums up the way I feel every day of living my life in Him...

Have A Blessed & Beautiful Day My Friend,

Phil

+0
10/22/2010 2:08:43 PM

Phil, it is always nice to come by here, see all the wonderful foods and recipes and read the inspiring words. Gives a person a good feeling, wish more members would show up and get hungry and inspired!!

The flaxseed meal I bought this time was at Walmart's and I think it was marked down because Bob's Red Mill is a little pricey. Here is a review on it:

Flaxseed Meal is freshly milled to preserve the natural oils and nutrients. Ground flaxseeds have a nutty taste and are a noted health-giving digestive aid. They are also high in fiber and are powerful natural cholesterol controllers. In a 2 Tablespoon serving size (13 grams) the fiber content is 1.33 grams of Soluble Fiber and 2.67 grams of Insoluble Fiber. Ground Flaxseeds are a good source of Omega 3 Fatty Acids. In a 2 Tablespoon serving, there is 2400 mg of Omega 3. Keep refrigerated for freshness.

Another one:

Flax oil and flax seeds are being rediscovered as true health foods. They definitely merit being included on any top-ten list of foods that are good for you. Flax is not a new food. It is actually one of the older and, perhaps, one of the original "health foods," treasured because of its healing properties throughout the Roman empire. Flax was one of the original "medicines" used by Hippocrates. Flax could be dubbed the "forgotten oil." It has fallen out of favor because oil manufacturers have found nutritious oils to be less profitable. The very nutrients that give flax its nutritional benefits - essential fatty acids - also give it a short shelf life, making it more expensive to produce, transport, and store. Yet, those who are nutritionally in the know continue to rank flax high on the list of "must have" foods. Because of the flurry of scientific studies validating the health benefits of omega 3 fatty acids, flax oil has graduated from the refrigerator of "health food nuts" to a status of scientific respectability.

I had done some research on it but was made more aware by an older friend. She rarely went to doctor and when she did she refused the medicine for her heart. Instead she told him she kept her Flax Oil in refrigerator and took it daily. She seemed to be in fine health.

I had forgotten though about keeping in refrigerator, so I have to put my flaxseed meal in there NOW!

Have a good one friend,

Sara

+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!