Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Phillip Black

5931 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
RE: Papas Kitchen
10/22/2010 5:56:14 PM

Hi Sara,

Thanks so much for sharing all of the wonderful information about flax seed oil and flax seed meal. Sounds like it would definitely be healthier, and definitely a wise addition to the daily diet.

Searching through my Recipe files, I did come up with one rather interesting Bread Recipe, and if I remember correctly this was quite good when I tried it, but I'll make it again just to be sure. Anyway, here's a really great bread for all of us seed lovers.

Flax and Sunflower Seed Bread

Ingredients

• 1 1/3 cups water
  • 2 tablespoons butter, softened
  • 3 tablespoons honey
  • 1 1/2 cups bread flour
  • 1 1/3 cups whole wheat bread flour
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • 1 teaspoon active dry yeast
  • 1/2 cup flax seeds
  • 1/2 cup sunflower seeds

Directions

1. Place all ingredients (except sunflower seeds) in the pan of the bread machine in the order recommended by the manufacturer. Select basic white cycle; press start. Add the sunflower seeds when the alert sounds during the knead cycle.

Have A Terrific Friday My Friends,

Phil

“There may be trouble all around, but I am calling you to a place of peace. Be still and know that I am God. Come to Me, and I will give you wisdom, strength, and grace for everything you face." Psalm 46:10
+0
Phillip Black

5931 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
10/22/2010 6:19:39 PM

Hello Again My Friends,

Speaking of Sunflower Seeds, did you know that they make a tasty & nutritious snack. Sunflower seed is a super easy and fun crop to grow! And it couldn't be easier to roast the raw seeds once you've harvested them. Sunflower seeds are also a very good source of potassium and phosphorous.

Here's how you can easily turn plain old raw sunflower seeds into a delicious snack.

Roasted Sunflower Seeds

• Pour the raw, unshelled sunflower seeds into a colander and rinse them thoroughly. Stir 1/4 cup of coarse sea salt into two quarts of water until dissolved. Add the seeds to the salted water, making sure the water completely covers the seeds. Allow the seeds to soak for 24 hours.
  • Drain and rinse the seeds and then pat them dry with a clean dish towel. Spread them out in a single layer on a rimmed baking sheet or jellyroll pan.
  • Preheat your oven to 300 degrees F. Roast the seeds for 30 minutes, stirring them every 10 minutes. When the seeds are completely roasted, take the tray out of the oven and allow it to cool on a wire rack.
  • To add a little extra flavoring to the roasted seeds, toss them in a bit of peanut oil or canola oil (start with one half teaspoon of oil per two cups of seed) and then sprinkle them with your favorite seasoning, such as garlic or cayenne powder. Store the seeds in a plastic container. They'll stay fresh for several months.

• Have A Great Weekend My Friends,

Phil

“There may be trouble all around, but I am calling you to a place of peace. Be still and know that I am God. Come to Me, and I will give you wisdom, strength, and grace for everything you face." Psalm 46:10
    +0
    Patricia Bartch

9394 Posts
    Invite Me as a Friend
    Top 25 Poster
    Person Of The Week
    10/23/2010 1:41:13 AM
    Phil.....OH how I wish I had grown a few sunflowers this summer!! Your recipe for roasting them is yummy.

Pat

I'm Your AVON LADY: http://youravon.com/pbartch *Ask me how to get FREE Shipping.
    +0
    Phillip Black

5931 Posts
    Invite Me as a Friend
    Top 50 Poster
    Person Of The Week
    10/23/2010 3:53:07 AM

Hi Pat,

It's so good to see you my Friend. You're welcome here at my "No Fighting Zone" any 'ole time. Just bring your appetite and a Smile. So sorry to hear about your problems with your arm. I am praying for your healing and complete recovery my Friend.

As I've told you before, in May, 2006, I crushed my Right Shoulder and fractured my Right arm in 4 places. The Right shoulder was fully destroyed. The Doctor wanted to replace the shoulder, and said that I eventually would lose the use of my arm. However, after talking with my Friends and praying for His Divine guidance, I decided that I would trust in Him to handle it. Praise the Lord, I now have complete use of my arm, and although my movements in the shoulder are limited, there has been none of the intense pain that the Doctors led me to believe I would experience. I won't claim that it never hurts, but it's not anything that the Lord and I can't handle together.

I will be praying for you, and I know that if we'll just turn our problems and concerns over to Him, He will bear them right along with us, and our load will be lightened.

Meanwhile, I'm glad you liked the Sunflower Seeds my Friend,. I'm munching on some Honey Roasted ones right now as I write this note. However, I've never grown as many as I've needed. That's why I trust NutsOnline for all my "Nutty Needs". Check out their Sunflower Seed assortments here at Sunflower Seeds. Prices are quite reasonable as well, any where from $1.99 to $2.99 per lb. depending on if you get them raw or already roasted. I'm not an affiliate of the site, however if you'll drop me a PM with a safe referral email addy, I can get you a 10% discount on your first order, and grab myself a 10% discount on my next order as well.

I've got to be over at the Hospital to be with another Friend who's having surgery in the morning around 7 AM, so I'm going to have to call it a night for now, but thanks again my Friend, and just remember, with the Lord at your side, all things are possible.

Have A Blessed & Beautiful Evening,

Phil

+0
    Phillip Black

5931 Posts
    Invite Me as a Friend
    Top 50 Poster
    Person Of The Week
    10/24/2010 6:18:26 PM

Hello My Friends,

Sunday afternoons in the Fall can often lead to a crowd watching Football games on the Tube. Here's a little something to satisfy even the heartiest of Snackers around your house.

What a great way to have chicken. I had these boneless wings a while back and fell in love with the taste. It's easy to make pub-style boneless chicken wings at home using this recipe, and it's a nice change from your regular chicken wings. Serve with blue cheese dressing for dipping, or if you love cayenne wings and honey mustard, then try the Gold Fever Wing Sauce which follows.

Boneless Buffalo Wings

Ingredients

• oil for deep frying
    • 1 cup unbleached all-purpose flour
    • 2 teaspoons salt
    • 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
    • 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
    • 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
    • 1/2 teaspoon paprika
    • 1 egg
    • 1 cup milk
    • 3 skinless, boneless chicken breasts, cut into 1/2 inch strips
    • 1/4 cup hot pepper sauce
    • 1 tablespoon butter

Directions

1. Heat oil in a deep-fryer or large saucepan to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
    2. Combine flour, salt, black pepper, cayenne pepper, garlic powder, and paprika in a large bowl. Whisk together the egg and milk in a small bowl. Dip each piece of chicken in the egg mixture, and then roll in the flour blend. Repeat so that each piece of chicken is double coated. Refrigerate breaded chicken for 20 minutes.
    3. Fry chicken in the hot oil, in batches. Cook until the exterior is nicely browned, and the juices run clear, 5 to 6 minutes a batch.
    4. Combine hot sauce and butter in a small bowl. Microwave sauce on High until melted, 20 to 30 seconds. Pour sauce over the cooked chicken; mix to coat.

Gold Fever Chicken Wing Sauce

Ingredients

• 1/2 cup honey mustard
    • 1/4 cup cayenne pepper hot sauce
    • 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
    • 1 pinch salt
    • 1 pinch ground black pepper

Directions

1. Mix together honey mustard, hot sauce, butter, salt, and pepper in a saucepan over medium heat. Stir until butter is melted; simmer until sauce begins to thicken, about 5 minutes. Use with your favorite chicken wings recipe and serve them while hot.

Have A Bright & Beautiful Day My Friends,

Phil

+0

facebook
    Like us on Facebook!