Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Phillip Black

5931 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
RE: Papas Kitchen
11/5/2010 6:49:34 PM

Hi Roger,

It's always good to have you visit my Friend. Thanks for stopping by, and I hope you'll come back often.

Have A Wonderful Weekend,

Phil

“There may be trouble all around, but I am calling you to a place of peace. Be still and know that I am God. Come to Me, and I will give you wisdom, strength, and grace for everything you face." Psalm 46:10
+0
Phillip Black

5931 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
11/5/2010 7:01:24 PM

Hi Sara,

It's good to see you again my Friend. So glad that you liked the Graphic. Autumn has always been my favorite Season of the year, the time when we get to admire all of the magnificent colors of God's Palate, among the ever changing leaves and trees all around us.

Have A Blessed Weekend My Friend,

Phil

“There may be trouble all around, but I am calling you to a place of peace. Be still and know that I am God. Come to Me, and I will give you wisdom, strength, and grace for everything you face." Psalm 46:10
+0
Phillip Black

5931 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
11/9/2010 11:03:04 PM

Hello Dear Friends,

Here's a delicious delight that's both quick and easy to prepare. Refrigerated crescent rolls speed up the preparation of these chicken, vegetable, and cheese pastries. Then these savory chicken and veggie filled pastries can make eithetr a great appetizer or even a main dish.

Broccoli Chicken Rolls

Ingredients

• 2 cups chopped, cooked chicken meat
  • 2 cups fresh chopped broccoli
  • 1/2 cup chopped onion
  • 1/2 cup chopped green bell pepper
  • 1 1/2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese
  • 1/2 cup mayonnaise
  • 2 tablespoons Dijon-style prepared mustard
  • salt and pepper to taste
  • 1 tablespoon minced garlic
  • 1 (8 ounce) package refrigerated crescent rolls

Directions

1. In a large bowl, combine the chicken, broccoli, onions, bell pepper, cheese, mayonnaise, mustard, salt, pepper and garlic. Mix all together.
  2. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
  3. Cover a cookie sheet with aluminum foil. Place a glass upside down in the center of the cookie sheet. Roll out crescent rolls around the base of the glass, with pointy ends away from the glass; when you're finished, the arrangement will look like the sun. Spoon some of the chicken mixture onto the thick part of each crescent roll. Fold the pointy end of each roll over the top of the mixture and tuck in the middle. Remove glass from cookie sheet. Arrangement of rolls will now look like a fluted tube cake.
  4. Bake in preheated oven for 25 to 30 minutes, or until rolls are golden brown.

Have A Terrific Tuesday My Friends,

Phil

+0
Phillip Black

5931 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
11/12/2010 8:36:57 PM

Hello Friends,

Here's one for all of you Shrimp Lover's out there. This is an elegant dish to serve drop-in dinner guests. Impress your family or guests with this deceptively simple saute of butter, garlic, wine, Parmesan cheese and shrimp. Serve over hot linguine and garnish with chopped parsley.

Garlic Shrimp Linguine

Ingredients

• 1 pound uncooked linguine
  • 1 tablespoon butter
  • 3 tablespoons white wine
  • 2 teaspoons grated Parmesan cheese
  • 3 cloves garlic, minced
  • 1 teaspoon chopped fresh parsley
  • salt and pepper to taste
  • 1 pound medium shrimp, peeled and deveined

Directions

1. Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add pasta and cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until al dente; drain.
  2. In a medium saucepan, melt butter over medium low heat; add wine, cheese, garlic, parsley and salt and pepper to taste. Simmer over low heat for 3 to 5 minutes, stirring frequently.
  3. Increase heat to medium high and add shrimp to skillet; cook for about 3 to 4 minutes or until shrimp begins to turn pink. Do not overcook.
  4. Divide pasta into portions and spoon sauce on top; garnish with Parmesan cheese and fresh parsley, if desired

Have A Great Weekend,

Phil

+0
Phillip Black

5931 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
11/13/2010 6:40:35 PM

Hello My Friends,

As I mentioned to our good Friend Pat over at the Slow Cooker thread, I have recipes for either method of preparing these. In the standard method shown here, Cabbage leaves are stuffed with ground beef, rice and onion, then simmered in tomato soup. I really don't even remember where I got this recipe, but I have been using it for well over 20 years. Works great either on the stove or in a slow cooker.

Stuffed Cabbage Rolls

Ingredients

• 2/3 cup water
  • 1/3 cup uncooked white rice
  • 8 cabbage leaves
  • 1 pound lean ground beef
  • 1/4 cup chopped onion
  • 1 egg, slightly beaten
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
  • 1 (10.75 ounce) can condensed tomato soup

Directions

1. In a medium saucepan, bring water to a boil. Add rice and stir. Reduce heat, cover and simmer for 20 minutes.
  2. Bring a large, wide saucepan of lightly salted water to a boil. Add cabbage leaves and cook for 2 to 4 minutes or until softened; drain.
  3. In a medium mixing bowl, combine the ground beef, 1 cup cooked rice, onion, egg, salt and pepper, along with 2 tablespoons of tomato soup. Mix thoroughly.
  4. Divide the beef mixture evenly among the cabbage leaves. Roll and secure them with toothpicks or string.
  5. In a large skillet over medium heat, place the cabbage rolls and pour the remaining tomato soup over the top. Cover and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer for about 40 minutes, stirring and basting with the liquid often.

Have A Super Saturday Everyone,

Phil

+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!