Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Patricia Bartch

9394 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
RE: Papas Kitchen
11/3/2010 8:19:49 PM
This sounds yummy Phil. You could substitute the Chicken and use TURKEY too. We will all have lots of left over turkey after thanksgiving.

Pat

Quote:

Hello My Friends,

Well, Halloween is past, and that means that Thanksgiving and Christmas can't be far behind.

These light, little pastry delights are absolutely wonderful for all of those Family get togethers over the Holidays! very quick and simple to prepare as well. A rich, creamy chicken sauce is rolled in croissants and baked to form delicious puffs. Melt-in-your-mouth goodness!

Chicken Puffs

Ingredients

• 2 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves - cubed
  • 3 tablespoons chopped onion
  • 3 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
  • 3/4 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
  • 6 tablespoons butter
  • 3 (10 ounce) cans refrigerated crescent roll dough

Directions

1. In a medium saucepan over medium heat, slowly cook and stir skinless, boneless chicken breast halves, onion and garlic. Cook until onions are tender and chicken is lightly browned.
  2. In a medium bowl, blend chicken mixture, cream cheese and butter until creamy.
  3. Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C).
  4. Unroll croissants and divide in half to create 12 rectangles. Place approximately one tablespoon of the chicken mixture on each rectangle. Fold into balls.
  5. Arrange balls on a large baking sheet. Bake in the preheated oven 12 minutes, or until golden brown.

Have A Magnificent Monday Evening My Friends,

Phil

I'm Your AVON LADY: http://youravon.com/pbartch *Ask me how to get FREE Shipping.
+0
Phillip Black

5931 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
11/4/2010 7:20:41 PM

Hi Sara,

Thanks as always for coming by and thanks for your support. Sounds like it's going to be a busy Holiday for you, but it would be wonderful to still have so much Family still around to share the Holidays.

This is a great Italian style way to prepare beef or venison cube steaks. Whenever you've got four hungry men to feed, you might want to double the ingredients for the crowd. Serve along with the Garlic Cheddar Cheese Bread which follows.

Cube Steak Parmesan

Ingredients

• 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
  • 2 eggs
  • 2 tablespoons water
  • 1/3 cup crushed saltine crackers
  • 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
  • 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
  • 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
  • 4 (4 ounce) beef cube steaks
  • 1 1/4 cups canned tomato sauce
  • 2 1/4 teaspoons white sugar
  • 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano, divided
  • 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
  • 4 slices mozzarella cheese
  • 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese

Directions

1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). In a shallow dish, stir together the flour, salt and pepper. In a separate bowl, whisk together the eggs and water with a fork. In a third bowl, or shallow dish, mix together the cracker crumbs, 1/3 cup of Parmesan cheese and basil.
  2. Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Dredge the cube steaks in the seasoned flour, dip into the egg mixture, and coat with the cracker crumb mixture. Place them in the skillet, and fry just until browned on each side. Arrange steaks in a single layer in a greased casserole dish.
  3. Bake for 25 minutes in the preheated oven. Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, stir together the tomato sauce, sugar, 1/4 teaspoon of oregano, and garlic powder. Spoon over steaks when the 25 minutes are up. Top each steak with mozzarella cheese and remaining Parmesan cheese; sprinkle remaining oregano over the top. Bake for 5 more minutes, or until the cheese is melted, and the sauce is hot.

Homemade Garlic Cheddar Cheese Bread

Ingredients:

• 2 1/4 cups milk
  • 3 tablespoons butter
  • 6 cups flour, more as necessary to correct stickiness
  • 2 packages active dry yeast
  • 2 tablespoons sugar
  • 2 teaspoons salt
  • 2 cups cheddar cheese shredded
  • 1 teaspoon garlic powder (I use more!)
  • Directions:

Heat milk and butter to 120°F Combine half of flour, yeast, sugar, salt, milk and butter mixture, cheese, and garlic powder in a large bowl.

Knead with a mixer fitted with a dough hook at highest speed for 3 minutes.

Add the rest of the flour and continue kneading for 3 more minutes.

If the dough seems too sticky, slowly add more flour until the stickiness is corrected.

Place dough in a greased bowl, and spray the top of the dough with cooking spray.

Cover and let rise for one hour.

Punch the dough down and let it rest for 10 minutes.

Divide dough in half and form one loaf each in two greased 9 x 5 inch standard loaf pans.

Cover the pans with plastic wrap and allow dough to rise for 45-60 minutes.

Preheat oven to 375°F Bake loaves for 10 minutes; then turn oven down to 350F and bake for 30-35 minutes longer, until the breads are browned.

Cool in the pans for 5-10 minutes; turn out onto a wire rack and allow to cool for a minimum of 5-10 more minutes so the bread firms up enough to be cut.

Have A Terrific Thursday,

Phil

“There may be trouble all around, but I am calling you to a place of peace. Be still and know that I am God. Come to Me, and I will give you wisdom, strength, and grace for everything you face." Psalm 46:10
    +0
    Phillip Black

5931 Posts
    Invite Me as a Friend
    Top 50 Poster
    Person Of The Week
    11/4/2010 7:26:45 PM
    Hi Pat,

So glad that you stopped by and thanks for the reminder about using some of that leftover Turkey that I always have at this time of year. I really hadn't thought about using Turkey instead of Chicken.

Since I know that we're both watching our Sodium intake, I immediately thought of you when I ran across this recipe. No canned soup mix in this recipe! Fresh mushrooms, onions, celery, and peas all go into this comfort casserole. Goes great with a couple of slices of the Homemade Crusty French Bread which follows.

Tuna Noodle Casserole from Scratch

Ingredients

• 1/2 cup butter, divided
    • 1 (8 ounce) package uncooked medium egg noodles
    • 1/2 medium onion, finely chopped
    • 1 stalk celery, finely chopped
    • 1 clove garlic, minced
    • 8 ounces button mushrooms, sliced
    • 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
    • 2 cups milk
    • salt and pepper to taste
    • 2 (6 ounce) cans tuna, drained and flaked
    • 1 cup frozen peas, thawed
    • 3 tablespoons bread crumbs
    • 2 tablespoons butter, melted
    • 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese

Directions

1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Butter a medium baking dish with 1 tablespoon butter.
    2. Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add egg noodles, cook for 8 to 10 minutes, until al dente, and drain.
    3. Melt 1 tablespoon butter in a skillet over medium-low heat. Stir in the onion, celery, and garlic, and cook 5 minutes, until tender. Increase heat to medium-high, and mix in mushrooms. Continue to cook and stir 5 minutes, or until most of the liquid has evaporated.
    4. Melt 4 tablespoons butter in a medium saucepan, and whisk in flour until smooth. Gradually whisk in milk, and continue cooking 5 minutes, until sauce is smooth and slightly thickened. Season with salt and pepper. Stir in tuna, peas, mushroom mixture, and cooked noodles. Transfer to the baking dish. Melt remaining 2 tablespoons butter in a small bowl, mix with bread crumbs, and sprinkle over the casserole. Top with cheese.
    5. Bake 25 minutes in the preheated oven, or until bubbly and lightly browned.

Crusty French Bread

2 cups warm water

1 tablespoon yeast

1 tablespoon vegetable oil

1 tablespoon sugar

2 teaspoons salt

5 -5 1/2 cups bread flour

Directions:

Dissolve yeast in warm water (110 degrees) and sugar in large bowl; allow yeast to proof or foam (about 10 minutes). Add salt, oil, and 3 cups flour; beat for 2 minutes. Stir in 2 cups flour to make a stiff dough. Knead until smooth and elastic, about 10 minutes.

Place in oiled bowl, turn dough to coat all sides, cover and let rise until doubled. Punch down and divide in half. Shape dough into two long slender loaves. Grease and sprinkle with cornmeal either a french bread pan or large cookie sheet. Place loaves in pan and cut diagonal gashes on top of each loaf (I use scissors). Cover and let rise until doubled. Bake at 375 degrees for about 30 minutes.

Note: You can sprinkle or spray water on the loaves during baking if you want a really crunchy crust.

Have A Wonderful Week My Friend,

Phil

“There may be trouble all around, but I am calling you to a place of peace. Be still and know that I am God. Come to Me, and I will give you wisdom, strength, and grace for everything you face." Psalm 46:10
    +0
    Roger Macdivitt .

7333 Posts
    Invite Me as a Friend
    Top 25 Poster
    Person Of The Week
    11/4/2010 8:49:35 PM

Phil,

Thank you for this forum.

There are some really different recipes here

+0
    11/4/2010 9:20:22 PM

Thank you Phil, that is a great graphic! Love the new recipes.

Sara

+0

facebook
    Like us on Facebook!