Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
RE: Papas Kitchen
9/14/2010 7:06:45 PM
Quote:
Hi Phil,

I just got a great idea, lets all go to Sara's for some of that good bread. Roger, you and I like the bread, so here we come Sara, make another loaf, here we come..........that would be so much fun to set around Sara's kitchen table.

Myrna

Myrna, I just found this. Thank you so much for reminding me it is time to start a new loaf! So come on and bring Roger & Phil with you! We are having broiled chicken breasts, potatoes and you can bet a green vegetable!

See you later then, got to get that bread started!

Hugs,

Sara

+0
9/14/2010 7:26:43 PM
Quote:

Phil,

Here is a Worl War II recipe from the UK.

Read carefully

Economical Soup

Take one bean (Haricot or Butter),

7 Pints of water.

Simmer for three weeks: then remove bean and season for taste.If a thicker soup is preferred, leave the bean in.

Roger it sounds like a future diet for many of us!!

Thanks!

Sara

+0
Phillip Black

5931 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
9/15/2010 7:13:35 PM

Hello My Friends,

It's always so good to see you Sara. Your pictures are always so realistic, that I can actually almost taste the Goodness! Since I know that you're not a fan of the Crockpot, here's my Standard Recipe for my delicious, even if I do say so myself, Clam Chowder. This quick and easy clam chowder, filled with potatoes and bacon, is wonderful served with hot sourdough bread or even better yet, in a sourdough bread bowl. My whole family adores this recipe, I'm sure yours will too. For the Slowcooker Version of this Chowder, go over to Healthy Crockpot Recipes.

Awesome Clam Chowder

Ingredients

• 1/2 pound bacon, cut into 1/2 inch pieces
  • 5 unpeeled potatoes, diced
  • 2 carrots, diced
  • salt and pepper to taste
  • 2 (6.5 ounce) cans chopped clams with juice
  • 2 (1.8 ounce) packages dry leek soup mix
  • 1 quart half-and-half

Directions

1. Place the bacon in a large pot and cook over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally, until crisped and browned, about 10 minutes. Remove the bacon with a slotted spoon, leaving the drippings in the pot. Set the bacon aside. Stir the potatoes and carrots into the bacon fat. Season with salt and pepper, and cook for 5 minutes, stirring frequently.
  2. Pour the juice from the clams into the pot, and add enough water to just cover the potatoes. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to medium-low, cover, and simmer until the potatoes are just tender, 10 to 15 minutes.
  3. Gently stir the leek soup mix into the potatoes until no lumps of soup remain. Stir in the clams, reserved bacon, and half-and-half cream. Cook and stir until the chowder returns to a simmer and thickens, about 10 minutes more.

Have A Great Week,

Phil

“There may be trouble all around, but I am calling you to a place of peace. Be still and know that I am God. Come to Me, and I will give you wisdom, strength, and grace for everything you face." Psalm 46:10
+0
9/15/2010 7:44:22 PM

Your Clam Chowder sounds great Phil and we all love it so I will have to try that one also.

I tried a different twist to my mix for bread last night and it was delicious! I took pictures but have not downloaded to pc yet. I will post later.

Have a good one!

Sara

+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!