Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Phillip Black

5931 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
RE: Papas Kitchen
9/13/2010 6:45:24 PM

Hello Everyone,

Here's one especially for our Friend Sara, and for those two meat lovers that she is always cooking for, although she may want to fix two of these, a Pizza with that little extra kick of buffalo wing flavor! It combines hot sauce, blue cheese dressing, and mozzarella cheese on top of cubed chicken and a pizza crust for this Buffalo lovers' must! They can enjoy their pizza and wings together!

Then immediately following, since as I've said, I no longer care very much for meat, and I often times must fix two separate meals, I have also included my Vegetarian alternative, Fresh Tomato Pie.

Buffalo Style Chicken Pizza

Ingredients

• 3 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves - cooked and cubed
  • 2 tablespoons butter, melted
  • 1 (2 ounce) bottle hot sauce
  • 1 (8 ounce) bottle blue cheese salad dressing
  • 1 (16 inch) prepared pizza crust
  • 1 (8 ounce) package shredded mozzarella cheese

Directions

1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C).
  2. In a medium bowl combine the cubed chicken, melted butter and hot sauce. Mix well. Spread whole bottle of salad dressing over crust, then top with chicken mixture and sprinkle with shredded cheese.
  3. Bake in preheated oven until crust is golden brown and cheese is bubbly, about 5 to 10 minutes. Let set a few minutes before slicing, and serve.

Fresh Tomato Pie

This savory layered pie is a great treat for either lunch or supper. Pile on slices of onion and tomato into a pre-baked pie crust. Spread with a mixture of mayonnaise, and Parmesan and mozzarella cheeses, and then bake in the oven until golden brown. Serve with sour cream and fresh herbs.

Ingredients

• 1 (9 inch) pie shell
  • 7 ripe tomatoes, sliced
  • 1 yellow onion
  • 3/4 cup mayonnaise
  • 1/3 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
  • 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
  • ground black pepper to taste
  • 2 teaspoons fresh basil
  • 2 teaspoons fresh oregano

Directions

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
  2. Bake the pastry shell for 8 to 10 minutes or until browned.
  3. Slice onion and place in the bottom of pastry shell. Slice tomatoes and arrange over onions. Add black pepper to taste.
  4. In a medium bowl, combine mozzarella, parmesan and mayonnaise. Spread this mixture evenly over tomatoes.
  5. Bake at 350 degrees F for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown. Once cooked, garnish with fresh herbs.

Have A Wonderful Week My Friends,

Phil

“There may be trouble all around, but I am calling you to a place of peace. Be still and know that I am God. Come to Me, and I will give you wisdom, strength, and grace for everything you face." Psalm 46:10
+0
Myrna Ferguson

16559 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
9/13/2010 8:16:22 PM
HI Phil,

My favorite Pizza is Veggie Pizza. This looks so yummy. I will have to try this one.

Myrna
LOVE IS THE ANSWER
+0
Phillip Black

5931 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
9/13/2010 9:12:27 PM

Hi Myrna,

Glad you liked the Fresh Tomato Pie. I'm a big Veggie Pizza fan as well, however, I am usually true to my name-sake, and I really do love Papa Johns. Usually I'll order either a Garden Fresh, loaded with veggie toppings such as onions, green peppers, gourmet baby portabella mushroom, black olives and sliced Roma tomatoes, or a simple but yummy Spinach Alfredo pizza, with spinach and garlic Parmesan Alfredo sauce.

Whatever I decide on, if I'm making it from scratch, then it has to start with homemade Pazza Dough. Here's one that's a favorite of mine. A really wet, sticky pizza dough that bakes up to perfection. Very simple ingredients and technique in this dough make a pizza crust that's authentic, crispy and chewy just like my favorite NY brick oven joint. And, this recipe easily makes enough for three 10- to 12-inch pizzas, two 12- to 14-inch pizzas, one 16- to 18-inch pizza, or even 6 to 8 small single serving stromboli.

New York Italian Pizza Dough

Ingredients

• 2 1/2 cups warm water (110 degrees F/45 degrees C)
  • 2 teaspoons salt
  • 4 1/2 cups bread flour
  • 2 teaspoons active dry yeast
  • 1/4 cup bread flour, or more if needed
  • 1 tablespoon olive oil

Directions

1. Pour the warm water into the pan of a bread machine, sprinkle in the salt, and add the flour to the pan so the flour sits on top of the water. Make a hole in the top of the flour, and spoon the yeast into the hole. Let the mixture sit for 20 minutes to moisten the flour. Set the bread machine to the knead setting, and knead the dough for about 10 minutes. Turn the dough out onto a floured surface, and knead in 1/4 cup more flour or as needed, adding the flour about 2 tablespoons at a time, to make a wet, sticky, but elastic dough. The dough should be "as soft as a baby's bottom." Form the dough into a round shape.
    2. Wipe the inside of a large bowl with olive oil, and place the round ball of dough into the bowl. Turn the dough over a couple of times so the dough picks up a thin coating of oil. Cover with a cloth, and refrigerate the dough for 10 hours or overnight.
    3. The next day, allow the dough to come to room temperature before rolling out on a floured surface and adding toppings as desired. Roll the dough out thin with a thicker edge before adding toppings.
    4. Place a pizza stone into oven, dust it with a little flour, and preheat oven to 500 degrees F (260 degrees C). Bake the pizza on the stone in the preheated oven until the bottom of the crust is browned, 6 to 8 minutes.

Have A Wonderful Week My Friend,

Phil

“There may be trouble all around, but I am calling you to a place of peace. Be still and know that I am God. Come to Me, and I will give you wisdom, strength, and grace for everything you face." Psalm 46:10
+0
9/14/2010 6:43:01 PM

Phil, that does look delicious and I am sure the guys would love it. Like you said at least 2 and then a veggie for myself. HELP, that is too much cooking!!

Thank you and please forgive me for being so late, got caught up in some other things and did not get back here. I did come look though if that helps any. :-)

Hugs,

Sara

+0
9/14/2010 7:02:20 PM

Phil on that Tomato Pie recipe, it does look great. However, I can only have a little cheese. I love it but does not help my digestive system.

When I lived in Selma, AL there was a restaurant called "Our House", they had bought and remodeled an old hotel. They served 7 course meals and one of the house favorites was Tomato Pie. I never did know the recipe but it was delicious. Seems like they used regular pie crust for it.

Thanks for all the wonderul new recipes. I found this picture and it looks like a really healthy meal.

Sara

+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!