Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Myrna Ferguson

16559 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
RE: Papas Kitchen
3/7/2012 1:41:12 AM
Hi Phil,

Those over scrambled eggs sound wonderful. Hey Phil it is just me here, a dozen eggs + I would be kinda sick of eggs after all that for breakfast. I could cut it down, but that is just too much trouble, I will just scramble my in the top of the stove and only have one, or maybe 2, but it is usually one. Home fries are one of my favorite. Well anyhow, here is the coffee.

LOVE IS THE ANSWER
+0
Phillip Black

5931 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
3/7/2012 2:26:56 AM

Hi Myrna,

I must admit, those Oven Scrambled Eggs would have to be for a crowd on the Weekend, although that's for six servings, so it's actually just two Eggs each.

I generally keep it simple on the Stovetop myself as well, or every once in awhile, I take the really easy way out and use the Microwave...

Microwave Scrambled Eggs

What You Need:

EGGS

Tbsp. milk

Tbsp. shredded Cheddar cheese

Salt and pepper

Here’s How:

1. COAT 12-oz. microwave-safe coffee mug with cooking spray. ADD eggs and milk; beat until blended.
  2. MICROWAVE on HIGH 45 seconds; stir. MICROWAVE until eggs are almost set, then stir up and microwave for 30 to 45 seconds longer.
  3. TOP with cheese; season with salt and pepper.

A couple of these Eggs, a couple of either Morningstar Breakfast Patties or Breakfast Links. a slice of Whole Wheat toast and my Juice and I'm all set.

Have A Wonderful Wednesday,

Phil

“There may be trouble all around, but I am calling you to a place of peace. Be still and know that I am God. Come to Me, and I will give you wisdom, strength, and grace for everything you face." Psalm 46:10
+0
Phillip Black

5931 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
3/8/2012 2:08:33 AM

Hi Friends,

That Lunch went so well, I think we'll try it again. The steak in these quick sandwiches is chopped by pulsing it quickly in a food processor into tender little pieces. To get your base, you’ll cook down a yellow onion and mushrooms, then finish cooking the sirloin in a flavorful mix of ketchup, Dijon mustard, and hot cherry peppers. This dish is a satisfying, comfort-food sandwich, made even more so by the melted sharp Cheddar. Add some Crispy Oven Fries for those steak-and-potato lovers at your house.

Chopped Steak Sandwiches

2 Tbs. ketchup
1 Tbs. Dijon mustard
1 jarred hot cherry pepper, stemmed, seeded, and chopped
1 tsp. red wine vinegar
1 lb. beef sirloin tips (flap meat), cut into 1-inch pieces
Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
3 Tbs. olive oil
1 small yellow onion, halved and thinly sliced
The steak in these quick sandwiches is chopped by pulsing it quickly in a food processor into tender little pieces. To get your base, you’ll cook down a yellow onion and mushrooms, then finish cooking the sirloin in a flavorful mix of ketchup, Dijon mustard, and hot cherry peppers. This dish is a satisfying, comfort-food sandwich, made even more so by the melted sharp Cheddar. 6 oz. sliced white mushrooms (2 cups)
1-1/2 cups shredded sharp Cheddar
4 long rolls, split and lightly toasted
1-1/2 oz. baby arugula

Mix the ketchup, mustard, cherry pepper, and vinegar in a small bowl and set aside.

In a food processor, pulse half of the beef until just coarsely chopped. Transfer to a bowl. Repeat with the remaining beef. Toss the beef with 1/2 tsp. salt and 1/2 tsp. pepper.

Heat 1-1/2 Tbs. of the oil in a heavy 12-inch skillet over medium-high heat until shimmering hot. Add the beef and cook, stirring occasionally, until it loses most of its raw color, about 3 minutes. Transfer to a plate. Heat the remaining 1-1/2 Tbs. oil in the pan. Add the onion and 1/4 tsp. salt; cook, stirring often, until beginning to soften and brown, about 4 minutes. Add the mushrooms and 1/4 tsp. salt; cook, stirring often, until they soften and begin to release their juice, about 2 minutes. Add the ketchup mixture and beef and any accumulated juices. Cook, stirring often, until heated through, about 2 minutes. Stir in the cheese until melted, about 1 minute more.

Split the rolls almost through lengthwise and pile on the steak and arugula. Cut the sandwiches in half, and serve. Serves 4.

This recipe is easily doubled; just use a second baking sheet so you don’t crowd the fries.

Oven Fries

2 large russet potatoes (about 1-3/4 lb. total), peeled and cut lengthwise into 1/4- to 1/2-inch-thick sticks
Kosher salt
2 Tbs. extra-virgin olive oil
Fleur de sel or other coarse salt, or Lemon-Fennel Salt

Rinse the potatoes:

Choose a pot large enough to hold the potatoes without crowding (4 to 5 quarts) and fill it with cold water. Drop the potato sticks into the water to rinse off the starch. You can immediately remove the potatoes from the water and proceed to the next step. Or if you want to prep the potato sticks in advance and roast them later in the day, you can leave them in the water. If you plan to wait more than 2 hours before roasting the fries, however, put the pot in the refrigerator.

Parboil the potatoes:

Drain the potatoes, rinse well, and return them to the pot with enough cold water to cover by 1-1/2 inches. Add 1 tsp. kosher salt. Partially cover the pot, and bring the water to a boil over high heat. As soon as the water boils, reduce the heat to a calm boil and boil for 3 min. Gently drain the potatoes in a large colander and then spread them on paper towels to dry. (The potatoes can sit for up to an hour before roasting.)

Roast the fries:

When you’re ready to roast the fries, put a baking sheet on the middle oven rack and heat the oven to 450°F. Put the potatoes in a large bowl, add the olive oil, and toss to coat the potatoes, being careful not to break the sticks. Remove the hot baking sheet from the oven and arrange the potatoes on the sheet, leaving at least 1/2 inch between each. Roast, turning the fries over and rotating the baking sheet once after 15 min. and then again every 6 to 8 min., until the fries are nicely browned and crisp, a total of about 30 min. Sprinkle with fleur de sel or lemon-fennel salt, toss gently, and serve immediately. Serves 4.

Have A Terrific Evening,

Phil

“There may be trouble all around, but I am calling you to a place of peace. Be still and know that I am God. Come to Me, and I will give you wisdom, strength, and grace for everything you face." Psalm 46:10
+0
Patricia Bartch

9394 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
3/8/2012 3:23:24 AM
don't need to say more!

I'm Your AVON LADY: http://youravon.com/pbartch *Ask me how to get FREE Shipping.
+0
Phillip Black

5931 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
3/9/2012 5:58:03 PM

Hi Pat,

Always good to see you here and I couldn't agree more.

Here's an easy recipe for those of us who spend so much on the fish that we can't buy the sauce! A simple blend of mustard, honey, and lemon juice transforms salmon steaks into a fabulous feast!

Easy Bake Fish

Ingredients

• 3 tablespoons honey
  • 3 tablespoons Dijon mustard
  • 1 teaspoon lemon juice
  • 4 (6 ounce) salmon steaks
  • 1/2 teaspoon pepper

Directions

1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C).
  2. In a small bowl, mix honey, mustard, and lemon juice. Spread the mixture over the salmon steaks. Season with pepper. Arrange in a medium baking dish.
  3. Bake 20 minutes in the preheated oven, or until fish easily flakes with a fork. Serves 4

Someone brought this salad to a pot luck dinner and I had to have the recipe. I have made it many, many times since then and I have been asked for the recipe every time I bring it somewhere. It is also a great way to get your family to eat spinach!

Strawberry Spinach Salad

Ingredients

• 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
  • 1 tablespoon poppy seeds
  • 1/2 cup white sugar
  • 1/2 cup olive oil
  • 1/4 cup distilled white vinegar
  • 1/4 teaspoon paprika
  • 1/4 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
  • 1 tablespoon minced onion
  • 10 ounces fresh spinach - rinsed, dried and torn into bite-size pieces
  • 1 quart strawberries - cleaned, hulled and sliced
  • 1/4 cup almonds, blanched and slivered

Directions

1. In a medium bowl, whisk together the sesame seeds, poppy seeds, sugar, olive oil, vinegar, paprika, Worcestershire sauce and onion. Cover, and chill for one hour.
  2. In a large bowl, combine the spinach, strawberries and almonds. Pour dressing over salad, and toss. Refrigerate 10 to 15 minutes before serving.

Have A Wonderful Weekend,

Phil

+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!