Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Myrna Ferguson

16559 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
RE: Papas Kitchen
7/18/2011 4:05:34 AM
Hi Phil,

That is a lovely dinner, Sunday or whatever day. I like the look of those green beans. Also love figs. The other year I got 2 lbs of figs, came home and started eating them, well I just couldn't stop eating them they only lasted me a few days. Guess what, yes I gained weight. So I don't buy them very often. It is an addiction, I can't stop eating them. lol
LOVE IS THE ANSWER
+0
7/18/2011 2:31:39 PM

Phil, these look very good!! Wish we could grow them but can't because of squash bugs, they always kill them. Have to buy them.

Want to try this though. Sorry I have not commented lately, you surely have been busy with new recipes and some neat graphics! I like this place!

Hugs,

Sara

+0
Myrna Ferguson

16559 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
7/18/2011 7:19:22 PM
Hi Sara,

I wish I could send you a few squash. They are the easiest things to grow here.
LOVE IS THE ANSWER
+0
Phillip Black

5931 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
7/18/2011 8:19:16 PM

Hi Myrna & Sara,

It's always great to see you both here at the Forum. Sara, the way I eat Squash & Zucchini I never can grow enough by myself, however, as I said before, we participate in a couple of Community Gardens, so there's always enough to go around. Of course, I'm also at one Farmer's Market or another a couple of days each week. Just have to have those fresh Vegetables, whenever they are available. Matter of fact, I'm going to be attending a Tomato Tasting this weekend over at the NC A&T University Farm, where we'll be tasting and grading up to 40 different varieties of Tomatoes. Really looking forward to that!

Today, we're going to fix Supper for tonight and Lunch for two for tomorrow. I love this herbed roast so much that I make it as often as I can. It's wonderful for those special occasions, particularly when served with sweet potatoes and corn muffins. Also, it makes a lot, so you'll have leftover pork for the quick lunch recipe that follows.

Savory Pork Roast

Ingredients
  • 1 garlic clove, minced
  • 2 teaspoons dried marjoram
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • 1 teaspoon rubbed sage
  • 1 boneless whole pork loin roast (4 pounds)
Directions
  • Combine the seasonings; rub over roast. Place on a rack in a shallow roasting pan.
  • Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 80 minutes or until a meat thermometer reads 160°. Let stand for 10-15 minutes before slicing. Yields 9-12 servings (or 3-4 servings plus leftovers).

I like to prepare these quick toasted sandwiches whenever I have extra pork. I just spread pizza sauce over hoagie buns right before adding sliced pork, Italian salad dressing and mozzarella cheese.

Italian Pork Hoagies

Ingredients

• 6 hoagie buns, split
  • 1/2 cup pizza sauce
  • 12 slices cooked pork (1/4 inch thick and 2 ounces each)
  • 1/2 cup Italian salad dressing
  • 1/2 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese

Directions

• Place bottom and top halves of buns, cut side up, on an ungreased baking sheet. Spread pizza sauce on the bottom half of each bun. Top with pork; drizzle with salad dressing. Sprinkle with cheese.
  • Bake at 350° for 5-10 minutes or until cheese is melted and tops of buns are lightly toasted. Replace bun tops. Serves 6.

Wishing You A Bright & Beautiful Week,

Phil

“There may be trouble all around, but I am calling you to a place of peace. Be still and know that I am God. Come to Me, and I will give you wisdom, strength, and grace for everything you face." Psalm 46:10
+0
Myrna Ferguson

16559 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
7/19/2011 2:06:15 AM
Hi Phil,

I fried some white squash tonight, I just cut the squash lengthwise in stripes and dipped them into egg than flour. Fried them in low heat in coconut oil. Put some honey on them. It was so good.

LOVE IS THE ANSWER
+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!