Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Patricia Bartch

9394 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
RE: Healthy Crockpot Recipes - High Flavor, Low Sodium, Low Fat
2/2/2012 9:47:15 PM
MY FAVORITE PARTY FOOD USING SLOW COOKER IS .... small size meat balls with sauce made from chili sauce and grape jelly. i use couple drops of HOT SAUCE also.

i also make something that doesn't use crock pot ... my chick wings.

pat
I'm Your AVON LADY: http://youravon.com/pbartch *Ask me how to get FREE Shipping.
+0
Phillip Black

5931 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
2/2/2012 11:22:45 PM

Hi Pat,

Those Meatballs with the Grape Jelly sound tasty. I sometimes use Apple Jelly when I make my Mini-Meatballs. I'll also have some Meatballs on Game day as well, but it takes a 3 to 3 1/2 quart Crockpot to make the meatballs, so I just keep some warm in one of the Crocks while serving. These little Crocks are only 1 quart each.

Since you mentioned before that you like Artichokes so well, here's a quick Dip that you might like to try sometime. Four ingredients and a microwave oven are all you need to make this version of a to-die-for dip.

Hot Artichoke Dip

1/2
cup mayonnaise or salad dressing
1/2
cup grated Parmesan cheese
medium green onions, chopped (1/4 cup)
can (14 to 15 oz) artichoke hearts, drained, cut into small pieces
Crackers or cocktail rye bread, if desired
  1. In ungreased 1-quart microwavable casserole, mix all ingredients except crackers.
  2. Cover tightly; microwave on Medium-High (70%) 4 to 5 minutes, stirring after 2 minutes, until hot.
  3. Serve warm with crackers. Makes 1 1/2 cups.

Have A Terrific Thursday,

Phil

“There may be trouble all around, but I am calling you to a place of peace. Be still and know that I am God. Come to Me, and I will give you wisdom, strength, and grace for everything you face." Psalm 46:10
+0
Patricia Bartch

9394 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
2/3/2012 12:02:43 AM
i like artichoke dip alot phil.

here is my recipe for the chicken wings.

FAVORITE COCKTAIL CHICKEN WINGS (good appetizers)

I have been making these for about 20 years!! Every Christmas we have a "Christmas Ship Party" and I make these for my relatives. They are just wonderful.

MY FAVORITE COCKTAIL CHICKEN WINGS

1 Cup soy sauce ( I use reduced sodium)
1/4 Cup oil
1/4 cup sherry ("Cocktail Sherry)
3 tsp sugar
1 tsp ginger
2 cloves chopped up garlic (1/4 tsp or so)
3 pounds chicken wings - Cut the wing into 2 pieces...the little "drum stick" and the 2nd joint. Discard the tip. Remove some of the fatty skin - It makes the wings less fatty.
Marinade chicken pieces (at least 2-3 hours) or overnight in sauce. Bake 1 1/2 to 2 hours in 325 degree oven. Turn often to distribute in marinade.
You can increase ginger a little for more kick and putting in a little more sherry is okay too.
Serve with Napkins (you may not need them because you'll lick the sauce off your fingers)

Quote:

Hi Pat,

Those Meatballs with the Grape Jelly sound tasty. I sometimes use Apple Jelly when I make my Mini-Meatballs. I'll also have some Meatballs on Game day as well, but it takes a 3 to 3 1/2 quart Crockpot to make the meatballs, so I just keep some warm in one of the Crocks while serving. These little Crocks are only 1 quart each.

Since you mentioned before that you like Artichokes so well, here's a quick Dip that you might like to try sometime. Four ingredients and a microwave oven are all you need to make this version of a to-die-for dip.

Hot Artichoke Dip

1/2
cup mayonnaise or salad dressing
1/2
cup grated Parmesan cheese
medium green onions, chopped (1/4 cup)
can (14 to 15 oz) artichoke hearts, drained, cut into small pieces
Crackers or cocktail rye bread, if desired
  1. In ungreased 1-quart microwavable casserole, mix all ingredients except crackers.
  2. Cover tightly; microwave on Medium-High (70%) 4 to 5 minutes, stirring after 2 minutes, until hot.
  3. Serve warm with crackers. Makes 1 1/2 cups.

Have A Terrific Thursday,

Phil

I'm Your AVON LADY: http://youravon.com/pbartch *Ask me how to get FREE Shipping.
+0
Phillip Black

5931 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
2/5/2012 1:06:37 AM

Hi Pat,

Those Chicken Wings sound delicious. I also agree with you, it's more fun to lick your fingers clean when the Wings are so tasty. I usually make the Wings the regular way as well, but I've used a couple of recipes for the Crockpot.

This is just like spicy chicken wings, only less work. Cooks up quite nicely in the slow cooker for a quick meal that's super easy and oh so yummy. For crispier chicken, just bake these in a 400 degrees F oven for the final 30 minutes. Be sure and make plenty, because they'll go fast!

Spicy Hot Chicken Legs

Ingredients

• 24 chicken drumsticks
  • 2 (5 ounce) bottles hot red pepper sauce
  • 1/2 cup butter, cubed
  • 1 teaspoon garlic powder
  • 1 teaspoon onion powder
  • salt and pepper to taste
  • 3 cups blue cheese salad dressing

Directions

Place the drumsticks in a slow cooker, and sprinkle evenly with pieces of butter. Pour the hot sauce over the chicken, then season with garlic powder, onion powder, salt and pepper. Cover, and cook on High for 3 hours, or until tender. Serve chicken legs with blue cheese dressing on the side. Serves 12.

Wishing You A Wonderful Weekend,

Phil

“There may be trouble all around, but I am calling you to a place of peace. Be still and know that I am God. Come to Me, and I will give you wisdom, strength, and grace for everything you face." Psalm 46:10
+0
Patricia Bartch

9394 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
2/5/2012 3:02:33 AM
HEY PHIL.. thanks for responding with another terrific chicken wing recipe. I will do your chicken wings someday. tomorrow i am making mine for hubby and my super party.

hope you make "aunt patty's chicken wings" someday.... lol. that is my name for family members!!

happy saturday,
pat

Quote:

Hi Pat,

Those Chicken Wings sound delicious. I also agree with you, it's more fun to lick your fingers clean when the Wings are so tasty. I usually make the Wings the regular way as well, but I've used a couple of recipes for the Crockpot.

This is just like spicy chicken wings, only less work. Cooks up quite nicely in the slow cooker for a quick meal that's super easy and oh so yummy. For crispier chicken, just bake these in a 400 degrees F oven for the final 30 minutes. Be sure and make plenty, because they'll go fast!

Spicy Hot Chicken Legs

Ingredients

• 24 chicken drumsticks
  • 2 (5 ounce) bottles hot red pepper sauce
  • 1/2 cup butter, cubed
  • 1 teaspoon garlic powder
  • 1 teaspoon onion powder
  • salt and pepper to taste
  • 3 cups blue cheese salad dressing

Directions

Place the drumsticks in a slow cooker, and sprinkle evenly with pieces of butter. Pour the hot sauce over the chicken, then season with garlic powder, onion powder, salt and pepper. Cover, and cook on High for 3 hours, or until tender. Serve chicken legs with blue cheese dressing on the side. Serves 12.

Wishing You A Wonderful Weekend,

Phil

+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!