Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Patricia Bartch

9394 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
RE: Healthy Crockpot Recipes - High Flavor, Low Sodium, Low Fat
2/5/2012 3:16:30 AM
AND .............. delicious marinade is made!!!

I didn't know the chicken wings had been cut/separated by the butcher!! They are in the fridge marinading over night. Phil, I put them in one of those PLASTIC TUPPERWARE containers that close up securely. I change it several times so all parts of the chicken gets marinade. i didn't use the sherry this time. sherry is pretty spendy.... i know they will be delicious just deleting it.

i will take a picture of them and post it if you like!!

pat

I'm Your AVON LADY: http://youravon.com/pbartch *Ask me how to get FREE Shipping.
+0
Phillip Black

5931 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
2/10/2012 7:51:31 PM

Hello Pat & Friends,

Once you taste this Bacon Ranch Slow Cooker Chicken, you will have a hard time believing it’s just 6 Points + per serving. Creamy, flavorful, and full of bacon, this is one of the best Weight Watchers Crock Pot Recipes I’ve ever made. This Chicken is great when paired with some fresh steamed asparagus and served over some 0 Points Miracle Noodles.

Bacon Ranch Slow Cooker Chicken

Ingredients

• 16oz boneless, skinless chicken breasts (4, 4oz breasts)
  • 6 slices extra lean turkey bacon, cooked and chopped
  • 3 cups plain, non-fat Greek yogurt
  • 1 tbsp chicken bouillon base
  • 1/4 cup fat free chicken broth
  • 1 packet powdered Ranch dressing mix
  • 1 tbsp fresh chives or parsley, chopped

Instructions

1. Spray a crock pot with non-fat cooking spray and place chicken breasts inside (you can use frozen or defrosted).
  2. In a large bowl, combine chicken bouillon base and yogurt until well blended. Then add in remaining ingredients and mix well.
  3. Pour sauce over the chicken breasts.
  4. Cook on high for 3.5 hours.
  5. Shred chicken with a fork and garnish with fresh chives or parsley.
  6. Serve over Miracle Noodles for 0 additional Points! Serves 4.

This is the best way to cook asparagus to enjoy it's flavor. It comes out absolutely perfect.

Steamed Asparagus

Ingredients

• 1 pound fresh asparagus spears, trimmed
  • 1/4 cup white wine
  • 2 tablespoons butter

Directions

1. Place asparagus in a microwave-safe dish. Pour in wine, and dot with pieces of butter.
  2. Cover loosely, and cook in the microwave on High for 3 minutes, or until bright green and tender. Allow the dish to stand 5 minutes before serving. Serves 4.

Have A Terrific Weekend My Friends,

Phil

“There may be trouble all around, but I am calling you to a place of peace. Be still and know that I am God. Come to Me, and I will give you wisdom, strength, and grace for everything you face." Psalm 46:10
+0
Phillip Black

5931 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
2/11/2012 11:23:40 PM

Hello My Friends,

Today's recipre features Cabbage leaves stuffed with ground beef, onion and rice, then covered in a sweet and tangy tomato sauce and cooked in a slow cooker. Absolutely delicious!

Slow-Cooker Cabbage Rolls

Ingredients

• 12 leaves cabbage
  • 1 cup cooked white rice
  • 1 egg, beaten
  • 1/4 cup milk
  • 1/4 cup minced onion
  • 1 pound extra-lean ground beef
  • 1 1/4 teaspoons salt
  • 1 1/4 teaspoons ground black pepper
  • 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
  • 1 tablespoon brown sugar
  • 1 tablespoon lemon juice
  • 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce

Directions

1. Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Boil cabbage leaves 2 minutes; drain.
  2. In large bowl, combine 1 cup cooked rice, egg, milk, onion, ground beef, salt, and pepper. Place about 1/4 cup of meat mixture in center of each cabbage leaf, and roll up, tucking in ends. Place rolls in slow cooker.
  3. In a small bowl, mix together tomato sauce, brown sugar, lemon juice, and Worcestershire sauce. Pour over cabbage rolls.
  4. Cover, and cook on Low 8 to 9 hours. Serves 6.

Have A Wonderful Weekend,

Phil

“There may be trouble all around, but I am calling you to a place of peace. Be still and know that I am God. Come to Me, and I will give you wisdom, strength, and grace for everything you face." Psalm 46:10
+0
Myrna Ferguson

16559 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
2/12/2012 1:19:13 AM
Hi Phil,

The cabbage rolls look so good. I haven't had these since I was in the home after the accident. In fact, it was only a few things that I could eat. The food was just awful. There was very nutrition in anything. Well one thing I could not eat and I didn't eat it. I told the woman she new nothing of nutrition and she would not speak to me after that.She was called a nutrientist, she went to school for what she said was food.. The truth hurts, but of course I was not nice when I said it. I have learned a lot since then, I feel I am a much better person today for going through the accident. Yes it is true, "every thing happens for a reason"

Anyhow, I plan on making these cabbage rolls. Didn't mean to ramble on, but you know haw it goes sometimes, you get started and can't stop. lol

LOVE IS THE ANSWER
+0
Phillip Black

5931 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
2/15/2012 8:16:16 PM
Hello Myrna,
I hope that you'll always feel free to come by the Forum and visit for awhile, and please feel free to ramble on all you want to. I love it when my Friends drop by to visit and I hope that you'll always feel comfortable enough to share whatever's on your minds.

It's interesting to hear your story about the Stuffed Cabbage Rolls. I've loved Cabbage Rolls ever since my first Wife's Mother made them for me back in 1970. Since Brenda's Dad was of Polish ancestry, it stood to reason that her Mother could make Cabbage Rolls that would melt in your mouth.

Jenny once taught me a great shortcut for preparing the cabbage leaves for stuffing. The next time that you want to make Stuffed Cabbage, instead of boiling the whole cabbage head, just freeze it! Remove the tough outer leaves, rinse and core the cabbage, then place it in a zip-top freezer bag and freeze. Whenever you're ready to use the leaves, simply defrost the cabbage and the leaves will peel off easily.

My ex-Mother-in-Law was also quite a Cajun cook as well, from the time when the family lived down in New Orleans. On the subject of Cajun and Creole cooking, here's a Creole recipe that's sure to please all members of your family. Not too spicy, just enough kick. Serve over steamed white rice or go a little bit healthier with Miracle Rice.
Slow Cooker Creole Black Beans and Sausage

Ingredients

• 1-1/2 pounds smoked sausage, cut into 1 inch slices
  • 2-1/2 (15 ounce) cans black beans, rinsed and drained
  • 1 cup and 3 tablespoons chopped onion
  • 1 cup and 3 tablespoons chopped celery
  • 1 cup and 3 tablespoons chopped green pepper
  • 3/4 cup and 2 teaspoons water
  • 3/4 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
  • 3-1/4 cloves garlic, minced
  • 1-1/2 teaspoons dried thyme
  • 3/4 teaspoon chicken bouillon granules
  • 3/4 teaspoon white pepper
  • 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
  • 1-1/2 bay leaves

Directions

1. Place a large skillet over medium heat, and add sausage. Cook, stirring, until sausage is browned, about 5 minutes. Drain fat, and transfer sausage to slow cooker.
  2. Stir the black beans, onion, celery, green pepper, water, tomato sauce, garlic, thyme, bullion granules, white pepper, cayenne pepper, and bay leaves into the sausage in the slow cooker. Cover, and cook on Low until vegetables are tender, about 6 hours. Remove bay leaves before serving. Serves 6-8.

Have A Wonderful Wednesday,

Phil

+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!