Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Phillip Black

5931 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
RE: Healthy Crockpot Recipes - High Flavor, Low Sodium, Low Fat
1/31/2012 8:38:03 PM

Hello Friends,

Just in time for the Big Game this weekend, an awesome chili that is now one of my favorite all-time chili recipes. I added a small splash of Tabasco sauce just to give it a little kick. An easy recipe with little preparation time, this can also be made with ground turkey, and it tastes even better the next day!

The Ultimate Chili

Ingredients

• 1 pound lean ground beef
  • salt and pepper to taste
  • 3 (15 ounce) cans dark red kidney beans
  • 3 (14.5 ounce) cans Mexican-style stewed tomatoes
  • 2 stalks celery, chopped
  • 1 red bell pepper, chopped
  • 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
  • 2 tablespoons chili powder
  • 1 teaspoon ground cumin
  • 1 teaspoon dried parsley
  • 1 teaspoon dried basil
  • 1 dash Worcestershire sauce
  • 1/2 cup red wine

Directions

1. In a large skillet over medium-high heat, cook ground beef until evenly browned. Drain off grease, and season to taste with salt and pepper.
  2. In a slow cooker, combine the cooked beef, kidney beans, tomatoes, celery, red bell pepper, and red wine vinegar. Season with chili powder, cumin, parsley, basil and Worcestershire sauce. Stir to distribute ingredients evenly.
  3. Cook on High for 6 hours, or on Low for 8 hours. Pour in the wine during the last 2 hours. Serves 6.

Have A Super Week,

Phil

“There may be trouble all around, but I am calling you to a place of peace. Be still and know that I am God. Come to Me, and I will give you wisdom, strength, and grace for everything you face." Psalm 46:10
+0
Patricia Bartch

9394 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
1/31/2012 9:24:28 PM
Looooooooooooooooooove chili

thanks phil

pat

I'm Your AVON LADY: http://youravon.com/pbartch *Ask me how to get FREE Shipping.
+0
Myrna Ferguson

16559 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
1/31/2012 9:49:17 PM
yeah me too!!!!!!!!!!

LOVE IS THE ANSWER
+0
Phillip Black

5931 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
2/1/2012 9:48:00 PM

Hello My Friends,

So glad that you both like Chili as much as I do, especially on these cold nights. Whether you call this soup or chili, either way it is wonderful! This recipe is also very adaptable to your personal taste. Personally, I add the Taco Seasoning from the recipe which follows. Serve topped with shredded Cheddar cheese, a dollop of sour cream, and crushed tortilla chips, if you like. I hope you all enjoy.

Slow Cooker Chicken Taco Soup

Ingredients

• 1 onion, chopped
  • 1 (16 ounce) can chili beans
  • 1 (15 ounce) can black beans
  • 1 (15 ounce) can whole kernel corn, drained
  • 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
  • 1 (12 fluid ounce) can or bottle beer
  • 2 (10 ounce) cans diced tomatoes with green chilies, undrained
  • 1 (1.25 ounce) package taco seasoning
  • 3 whole skinless, boneless chicken breasts
  • shredded Cheddar cheese (optional)
  • sour cream (optional)
  • crushed tortilla chips (optional)

Directions

1. Place the onion, chili beans, black beans, corn, tomato sauce, beer, and diced tomatoes in a slow cooker. Add taco seasoning, and stir to blend. Lay chicken breasts on top of the mixture, pressing down slightly until just covered by the other ingredients. Set slow cooker for low heat, cover, and cook for 5 hours.
  2. Remove chicken breasts from the soup, and allow to cool long enough to be handled. Stir the shredded chicken back into the soup, and continue cooking for 2 hours. Serve topped with shredded Cheddar cheese, a dollop of sour cream, and crushed tortilla chips, if desired. Serves 8.

Depending on how spicy you and your family like your dishes, use as little or as much as you want.

Taco Seasoning

Ingredients

• 1 tablespoon chili powder
  • 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
  • 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
  • 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
  • 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
  • 1/2 teaspoon paprika
  • 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
  • 1 teaspoon sea salt
  • 1 teaspoon black pepper

Directions

1. In a small bowl, mix together chili powder, garlic powder, onion powder, red pepper flakes, oregano, paprika, cumin, salt and pepper. Store in an airtight container. Yields 1 ounce.

Have A Terrific Week,

Phil

“There may be trouble all around, but I am calling you to a place of peace. Be still and know that I am God. Come to Me, and I will give you wisdom, strength, and grace for everything you face." Psalm 46:10
+0
Phillip Black

5931 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
2/2/2012 9:26:47 PM

Hello My Friends,

Still gearing up for the Big Game this Weekend? Will it be the Patriots or the Giants! I'm not sure, but I do know that we're gonna party!

Once again, my Slow Cooker(s) come in handy. Take a choice of Dips, along with some Chips, Nachos, and Veggie Stix, and you've got a little something for everyone's taste buds.

I have a couple of these Crock-Pot Triple Dippers...

so I'll be fixing several of my favorites. I'd love to hear about some of yours as well. Meanwhile, here's three that are usually real crowd-pleasers.

Like spice? Chorizo, jalapeño cheese and fire-roasted tomatoes create a flavor-packed kick in this nacho slow-cooker dip, a party natural.

Slow Cooker Spicy Sausage Nacho Dip

1 1/4
pounds bulk chorizo sausage
1/3
cup finely chopped onion
cloves garlic, finely chopped
package (16 ounces) mild Mexican pasteurized prepared cheese product with jalapeño peppers, cut into cubes
can (14.5 ounces) crushed fire-roasted tomatoes, undrained
1/4
cup chopped fresh cilantro
ounces tortilla chips
  1. Cook sausage, onion and garlic in 12-inch skillet over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally, until sausage is no longer pink; drain well.
  2. Place chorizo mixture, cheese and tomatoes in 2 1/2- to 3 1/2-quart slow cooker.
  3. Cover and cook on Low heat setting 3 to 4 hours, stirring halfway through cooking, until cheese is melted and mixture is hot.
  4. Stir in cilantro. Serve with tortilla chips for dipping. Dip will hold on Low heat setting up to 1 1/2 hours; stir occasionally. Makes 16 servings (1/4 cup dip and 5 chips each)

Turn the fantastic flavors of a favorite sandwich into a delicious dip. Slow cooker preparation is perfect for parties.

Slow Cooker Bacon Cheeseburger Dip

slices bacon
1/2
lb lean (at least 85%) ground beef
package (8 oz) cream cheese, cubed
package (8 oz) shredded American-Cheddar cheese blend (2 cups)
can (10 oz) diced tomatoes with green chiles, undrained
tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
medium red bell peppers, cut into bite-size strips
package (5.25 oz) mini bagel chips
  1. In 12-inch skillet, cook bacon over medium-high heat, turning occasionally, until crisp; drain on paper towels. Crumble bacon; reserve 2 tablespoons bacon for garnish.
  2. In same skillet, cook beef over medium-high heat 5 to 7 minutes, stirring occasionally, until thoroughly cooked; drain. Reduce heat to low. Stir in cream cheese, shredded cheese, tomatoes and crumbled bacon until well mixed and cheese starts to melt.
  3. Pour mixture into 1- to 1 1/2-quart slow cooker. Cover; cook on Low heat setting 2 to 3 hours or until hot and bubbly.
  4. Stir parsley into dip. Sprinkle with reserved bacon for garnish. Keep on Low heat setting to serve. Serve with bell pepper strips and bagel chips. Makes 28 servings (2 tablespoons dip, 2 bell pepper strips and 1 bagel chip each)

Enjoy this cheesy dip made with Old El Paso® refried beans and green chilies served with served with tortilla chips - perfect for those of us who love Mexican cuisine.

Slow Cooker Cheesy Bean Dip

package (16 ounces) mild Mexican pasteurized prepared cheese product with jalapeño peppers, cut into cubes
can (16 ounces) Old El Paso® refried beans
can (4.5 ounces) Old El Paso® chopped green chiles, undrained
pounds tortilla chips, if desired
  1. Spray inside of 1 1/2- to 2 1/2-quart slow cooker with cooking spray. Mix cheese, beans and chiles in cooker.
  2. Cover and cook on Low heat setting 2 to 3 hours or until cheese is melted. Stir until cheese is smooth.
  3. Scrape down side of cooker with rubber spatula to help prevent edge of dip from scorching. Serve with tortilla chips. Dip will hold on Low heat setting up to 2 hours; stir occasionally. Makes 56 servings (2 tablespoons dip and 5 chips each)

In addition to the usual Chips & Nachos, try some scoopers such as Pretzels, Bagel Chips, Bread Crumbs, or even Celery & Carrot Sticks. Whatever you choose, just have a fun and safe Super Bowl Party.

Have A Terrific Weekend,

Phil

+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!