Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Phillip Black

5931 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
RE: Healthy Crockpot Recipes - High Flavor, Low Sodium, Low Fat
7/11/2011 5:47:30 PM

Hello My Friends,

Today we're going to switch and have our Vegetarian Meal prepared in the Slow Cooker. This is a simple crowd pleasing recipe that can sit in a slow cooker until it is time to serve.

Grandma's Slow Cooker Vegetarian Chili

Ingredients

• 1 (19 ounce) can black bean soup
  • 1 (15 ounce) can kidney beans, rinsed and drained
  • 1 (15 ounce) can garbanzo beans, rinsed and drained
  • 1 (16 ounce) can vegetarian baked beans
  • 1 (14.5 ounce) can chopped tomatoes in puree
  • 1 (15 ounce) can whole kernel corn, drained
  • 1 onion, chopped
  • 1 green bell pepper, chopped
  • 2 stalks celery, chopped
  • 2 cloves garlic, chopped
  • 1 tablespoon chili powder, or to taste
  • 1 tablespoon dried parsley
  • 1 tablespoon dried oregano
  • 1 tablespoon dried basil

Directions

1. In a slow cooker, combine black bean soup, kidney beans, garbanzo beans, baked beans, tomatoes, corn, onion, bell pepper and celery. Season with garlic, chili powder, parsley, oregano and basil. Cook for at least two hours on High. Serves 8.

Have A Terrific Week,

Phil

“There may be trouble all around, but I am calling you to a place of peace. Be still and know that I am God. Come to Me, and I will give you wisdom, strength, and grace for everything you face." Psalm 46:10
+0
Phillip Black

5931 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
7/12/2011 6:32:30 PM

Hello My Friends,

This is a delicious slow cooker pork roast with a sweet and lightly spiced glaze. Serve this pork loin roast with mashed potatoes and your favorite side dish vegetables. I have chosen Sauteed Green Beans and Apples.

Slow Cooker Brown Sugar Pork Loin

Ingredients:

• 1 boneless pork loin roast, 4 to 6 pounds
  • 1 clove garlic, halved
  • salt and pepper
  • 1 1/3 cups brown sugar, divided
  • 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
  • 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
  • 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon

Preparation:

Wash pork roast, trim excess fat, pat dry, and rub with garlic halves. Sprinkle with salt and pepper, then prick the roast all over with a fork or skewer. In a cup or bowl, combine 1 cup of the brown sugar, the mustard, and vinegar. Rub all over the roast.

Cover and cook on LOW for 7 to 9 hours. Pour off the excess juices.

Combine the remaining 1/3 cup brown sugar with cinnamon; Spread the mixture over the top of the roast. Cover and continue cooking on LOW for 1 hour longer. Serves 6 to 8.

Sauteed green beans with bacon and slivered almonds. I made this as a side for Easter dinner this year and everyone absolutely loved them.

Sauteed Green Beans

Ingredients

• 5 slices bacon
  • 1/2 cup slivered almonds
  • 1 (16 ounce) package frozen cut green beans
  • 1/4 cup butter

Directions

1. Place bacon in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Cook until browned on one side, then turn over to cook on the other side. Add the almonds to the skillet at this time, and cook, stirring until light golden brown.
  2. Remove the bacon from the skillet, leaving the bacon drippings. Crumble or chop bacon, and return to the skillet. Melt the butter in with the drippings. Add the green beans; cook and stir until tender, about 8 minutes. Serves 6.

These are great for any meal, but for a real treat, try them for breakfast. The syrup from the apples is great on homemade waffles and you may also add raisins to the sauce if you wish.

Sauteed Apples

Ingredients

• 1/4 cup butter
  • 4 large tart apples - peeled, cored and sliced 1/4 inch thick
  • 2 teaspoons cornstarch
  • 1/2 cup cold water
  • 1/2 cup brown sugar
  • 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon

Directions

1. In a large skillet or saucepan, melt butter over medium heat; add apples. Cook, stirring constantly, until apples are almost tender, about 6 to 7 minutes.
  2. Dissolve cornstarch in water; add to skillet. Stir in brown sugar and cinnamon. Boil for 2 minutes, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat and serve warm. Serves 8.

Have A Wonderful Week,

Phil

“There may be trouble all around, but I am calling you to a place of peace. Be still and know that I am God. Come to Me, and I will give you wisdom, strength, and grace for everything you face." Psalm 46:10
+0
Patricia Bartch

9394 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
7/13/2011 12:41:10 AM
OH MY GOSH!!!!

PHIL THIS LOOKS DELICIOUS!! i like pork alot. i'm trying to cut down on sugar though so i might just use 1 cup of the brown sugar.

you have me drooling....lololol thank you for the recipes.

pat

Quote:

Hello My Friends,

This is a delicious slow cooker pork roast with a sweet and lightly spiced glaze. Serve this pork loin roast with mashed potatoes and your favorite side dish vegetables. I have chosen Sauteed Green Beans and Apples.

Slow Cooker Brown Sugar Pork Loin

Ingredients:

• 1 boneless pork loin roast, 4 to 6 pounds
  • 1 clove garlic, halved
  • salt and pepper
  • 1 1/3 cups brown sugar, divided
  • 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
  • 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
  • 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon

Preparation:

Wash pork roast, trim excess fat, pat dry, and rub with garlic halves. Sprinkle with salt and pepper, then prick the roast all over with a fork or skewer. In a cup or bowl, combine 1 cup of the brown sugar, the mustard, and vinegar. Rub all over the roast.

Cover and cook on LOW for 7 to 9 hours. Pour off the excess juices.

Combine the remaining 1/3 cup brown sugar with cinnamon; Spread the mixture over the top of the roast. Cover and continue cooking on LOW for 1 hour longer. Serves 6 to 8.

Sauteed green beans with bacon and slivered almonds. I made this as a side for Easter dinner this year and everyone absolutely loved them.

Sauteed Green Beans

Ingredients

• 5 slices bacon
  • 1/2 cup slivered almonds
  • 1 (16 ounce) package frozen cut green beans
  • 1/4 cup butter

Directions

1. Place bacon in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Cook until browned on one side, then turn over to cook on the other side. Add the almonds to the skillet at this time, and cook, stirring until light golden brown.
  2. Remove the bacon from the skillet, leaving the bacon drippings. Crumble or chop bacon, and return to the skillet. Melt the butter in with the drippings. Add the green beans; cook and stir until tender, about 8 minutes. Serves 6.

These are great for any meal, but for a real treat, try them for breakfast. The syrup from the apples is great on homemade waffles and you may also add raisins to the sauce if you wish.

Sauteed Apples

Ingredients

• 1/4 cup butter
  • 4 large tart apples - peeled, cored and sliced 1/4 inch thick
  • 2 teaspoons cornstarch
  • 1/2 cup cold water
  • 1/2 cup brown sugar
  • 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon

Directions

1. In a large skillet or saucepan, melt butter over medium heat; add apples. Cook, stirring constantly, until apples are almost tender, about 6 to 7 minutes.
  2. Dissolve cornstarch in water; add to skillet. Stir in brown sugar and cinnamon. Boil for 2 minutes, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat and serve warm. Serves 8.

Have A Wonderful Week,

Phil

I'm Your AVON LADY: http://youravon.com/pbartch *Ask me how to get FREE Shipping.
+0
Phillip Black

5931 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
7/15/2011 1:48:31 AM

Hi Pat,

Glad you liked the Pork Loin. It tastes as good as it looks too! As you know, I use Splenda whenever I can and the Splenda Brown Sugar Blend works quite well with this recipe. Just remember that 1/2 Cup of Splenda Brown Sugar Blend equals 1 Cup of regular Brown Sugar and adjust accordingly.

This evening's Crockpot creation is heartier than soup but not quite a stew, this rich, slow-cooked 'stoup' is loaded with fresh veggies, sausage, and pasta in a savory herb and chicken broth.

Savory Sage Sausage and Vegetable "Stoup"

Ingredients

• 1 pound Bob Evans® Savory Sage Roll Sausage
  • 1 1/4 teaspoons dried sage
  • 1/2 teaspoon thyme
  • 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
  • 1 onion, diced
  • 3 cups sliced carrots
  • 3 cups green beans, cut into 1-inch pieces
  • 1 cup fresh or frozen corn
  • 6 cups low-sodium chicken broth
  • 1 teaspoon beef bouillon granules
  • 1 cup orecchiette pasta

Directions

1. In medium skillet over medium heat crumble and cook sausage until brown. Stir in sage, thyme and garlic. Transfer to slow cooker. Add onion, carrots, green beans and corn. Add chicken broth and bouillon. Cover and cook on low 5 to 7 hours. One half hour before serving, turn heat to high and stir in pasta. Cover and cook 30 minutes or until pasta is tender. Serves 6.

Have A Terrific Evening My Friend,

Phil

+0
Phillip Black

5931 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
7/18/2011 1:08:24 PM

Hello My Friends,

Here's another one that I hope you all might like. An easy and delicious way to prepare tender barbecued ribs without the barbecue. One of my favorite Sauce recipes follows as well.

Slow Cooker Barbecue Ribs

Ingredients

• 4 pounds pork baby back ribs
  • salt and pepper to taste
  • 2 cups ketchup
  • 1 cup chili sauce
  • 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
  • 4 tablespoons vinegar
  • 2 teaspoons dried oregano
  • 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
  • 1 dash hot sauce

Directions

1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
  2. Season ribs with salt and pepper. Place in a shallow baking pan. Brown in oven 15 minutes. Turn over, and brown another 15 minutes; drain fat.
  3. In a medium bowl, mix together the ketchup, chili sauce, brown sugar, vinegar, oregano, Worcestershire sauce, hot sauce, and salt and pepper. Place ribs in slow cooker. Pour sauce over ribs, and turn to coat.
  4. Cover, and cook on Low 6 to 8 hours, or until ribs are tender. Serves 8.

Here's a great thick sauce for those Ribs and Chicken. This sauce gets its sweetness from apple juice, honey, brown sugar, and molasses, and its tang from vinegar, ketchup, and spices.

Sweet and Tangy BBQ Sauce

Ingredients

• 2 tablespoons butter
  • 1 small onion, minced
  • 2 cups ketchup
  • 1/2 cup cider vinegar
  • 1/4 cup water
  • 1/4 cup apple juice
  • 1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce
  • 2 tablespoons brown sugar
  • 2 tablespoons molasses
  • 2 tablespoons honey
  • 2 teaspoons dry mustard powder
  • 1 teaspoon chili powder
  • 1 teaspoon garlic powder
  • 1 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper

Directions

1. Melt the butter in saucepan over medium heat. Stir in the onion, and cook until tender. Mix in ketchup, cider vinegar, water, apple juice, Worcestershire sauce, brown sugar, molasses, honey, mustard powder, chili powder, garlic powder, and cayenne pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low, and simmer 30 minutes, stirring occasionally. Serves 24.

Have A Terrific Week,

Phil

+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!