Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Phillip Black

5931 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
RE: Healthy Crockpot Recipes - High Flavor, Low Sodium, Low Fat
11/16/2010 7:19:03 PM
Hello Everyone,

My family happens to be Steak lovers, and of course, as you know, I don't eat any Red Meat, so to save a bit of money, I sometimes buy cheaper cuts such as Round Steak and then prepare it in the Slowcooker so that it's tender & delicious. Here, tender and tasty economical top round or bottom round steak is cut into serving-size pieces and then cooked with vegetables in a simmering liquid made of condensed mushroom soup and dry onion soup.

Slow Cooker Tender and Yummy Round Steak

Ingredients

• 3 potatoes, peeled and quartered
  • 1 onion, chopped
  • 6 carrots, peeled and sliced into 1 inch pieces
  • 2 pounds boneless round steak
  • 1 (1 ounce) package dry onion soup mix
  • 1 (10.75 ounce) can condensed cream of mushroom soup
  • 3/4 cup water

Directions

1. Place the potatoes, onion, and carrots in slow cooker. Cut steak into six pieces, then place the meat on top of vegetables. In a mixing bowl, combine the soup mix, soup, and water; pour over beef.
  2. Cover, and cook on Low for 7 to 10 hours.

Have A Great Week,

Phil

“There may be trouble all around, but I am calling you to a place of peace. Be still and know that I am God. Come to Me, and I will give you wisdom, strength, and grace for everything you face." Psalm 46:10
+0
Patricia Bartch

9394 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
11/17/2010 5:41:22 PM
Hi Phil. I'm glad to see you have added some side dishes ... they would be great for Thanksgiving!!

Pat

I'm Your AVON LADY: http://youravon.com/pbartch *Ask me how to get FREE Shipping.
+0
Phillip Black

5931 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
11/18/2010 2:12:39 PM
Hi Pat,
It's always great to see you my Friend. I'm so glad that you stopped by for a visit.
I've found that almost any side dish can be adapted for the Crock Pot. Here, this classic side dish is updated in two ways. First, alfredo sauce is used instead of canned condensed soup, and the recipe is cooked in the crockpot. Easy & Delicious!

Updated Green Bean Casserole

Ingredients:

• 28 oz. pkg. frozen cut green beans
  • 1 onion, chopped
  • 2 cloves garlic, minced
  • 1 red bell pepper, chopped
  • 1/4 tsp. salt
  • 1/8 tsp. pepper
  • 16 oz. container Alfredo cheese sauce
  • 2.5 oz. can french fried onions

Preparation:

Combine all ingredients except half of the french fried onions in a 4-6 quart slow cooker. Cover crockpot and cook on high for 3-4 hours, stirring after 1 hour. Just before serving, heat remaining french fried onions in a small skillet over medium heat for 2-3 minutes, stirring constantly. Stir casserole and sprinkle with crisp hot onions. 10 1/2 cup servings

Have A Wonderful Thanksgiving My Friend,
Phil
“There may be trouble all around, but I am calling you to a place of peace. Be still and know that I am God. Come to Me, and I will give you wisdom, strength, and grace for everything you face." Psalm 46:10
+0
Phillip Black

5931 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
11/20/2010 6:26:05 PM

Hello My Friends,

With Thanksgiving just a few days away, here's a quick and easy way to cook your Turkey in the slow cooker. With only two ingredients, the only hard part is waiting. Also, if you'll tuck a few sprigs of fresh rosemary under the turkey as it cooks, then both the meat and the gravy will have lots of bright, herb flavor. Yummy!

Slow Cooker Turkey Breast

Ingredients

• 1 (6 pound) bone-in turkey breast
  • 1 (1 ounce) envelope dry onion soup mix

Directions

1. Rinse the turkey breast and pat dry. Cut off any excess skin, but leave the skin covering the breast. Rub onion soup mix all over outside of the turkey and under the skin. Place in a slow cooker. Cover, and cook on High for 1 hour, then set to Low, and cook for 7 hours.

Have A Safe & Happy Thanksgiving My Friends,

Phil

+0
11/20/2010 8:56:30 PM
Szia bocsi, hogy bele kotnyeleskedem.

Ebből a kis reggeli kukurikuból iszonyatos pörkölt készül nálunk bográcsba, és petrezselymes nokedlival.
Huslevest ugy fözöm, hogy felteszem a hust hideg vizbe és amikor felforrt kiöntöm és jól megmosom , utána felteszem hideg vizbe főni és beleteszem , sárgarépa, fehérrépa, zeller , karalábé, kelkáposzta, egy fej hagyma, egy fej krumpli, fokhagyma 3 girizd, só szemes bors, gomba, paradicso, paprika, és mikor elkezd forrni leveszem a legkisebbre és 3 órát fözöm, utána gyurok 2 tojással hosszumetéltet, és leszürés után tálalaom , a zöldséggel, hussal.

Karácsonykor halászlé több halból, rántott hal és marinozott hal ha marad akkor pár fej hagyma karikára vágva vékonyan, fött krumpli párszem, karikára vágva , ecetes cukros vizzel felöntve és beletesszük a rántott halat és kihül még a szálka is elporlad az ecetes vizben, sót ki ne hagyjátok.
Aztán van sültpulyka, rántott csirke, kacsa, liba, libamáj, sültburgonya, krumplipüré saláták.
Sütemény: diós, mákos bejgli, mézes sütemény, gyümölcsök. na szerintem elég ha szeretnétek jó kis Magyar ételt nagyon szivesen segitek

Csok a családnak nagyi

Gyorgyne Urbanek
+0