Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Phillip Black

5931 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
RE: Healthy Crockpot Recipes - High Flavor, Low Sodium, Low Fat
12/1/2010 7:58:55 PM

Hello My Friends,

Hopefully the last of the Leftovers are but a distant memory, and now we're ready for another tasty meal or two. Here's one that I hoped you might enjoy.

Slow-Cooker Apple-Glazed Pork Roast

What You Need

• 4-pound pork loin roast
• 6 apples
• 1/4 cup apple juice
• 3 tablepsoons brown sugar
• 1 teaspoon ground ginger

What To Do

1. Rub roast with salt and pepper.

2. Brown pork roast under broiler to remove excess fat; drain well.

3. Core and quarter apples. Place apple quarters in bottom of crockpot. Place roast on top of apples.

4. Combine apple juice, brown sugar, and ginger. Spoon over top surface of roast, moistening well.

5. Cover and cook on low for 10-12 hours, until done.

Have A Terrific Evening My Friends,

Phil

“There may be trouble all around, but I am calling you to a place of peace. Be still and know that I am God. Come to Me, and I will give you wisdom, strength, and grace for everything you face." Psalm 46:10
+0
Phillip Black

5931 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
12/6/2010 9:06:51 PM
Hello My Friends,

You know what they say. Good things are worth the wait! This flavor-packed brisket slow cooks all day, so you'll come home from work to a wonderful fork-tender dish with just the right amount of spice!

Slow-Cooked Carolina Beef Brisket

Ingredients

• 1 (16 ounce) jar Pace® Picante Sauce
  • 1/2 cup molasses
  • 1/4 cup cider vinegar
  • 2 tablespoons reduced sodium Worcestershire sauce
  • 1 large onion, sliced
  • 1 (3 pound) beef brisket

Directions

1. Stir the picante sauce, molasses, vinegar, Worcestershire and onion in a 5-quart slow cooker. Add the beef, trimming to fit, if needed, and turn to coat.
  2. Cover and cook on Low for 8 to 9 hours or until the beef is fork-tender.

Have A Great Week,

Phil

“There may be trouble all around, but I am calling you to a place of peace. Be still and know that I am God. Come to Me, and I will give you wisdom, strength, and grace for everything you face." Psalm 46:10
+0
Peter Fogel

7259 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
12/8/2010 3:40:38 PM
Hi Phil,
I know this thread isn't really the place for this video but food is food and the deli in the video has mouth watering sandwiches, platters and food in general. I love delis and whenever I'm in New York I visit them whenever possible.The deli in the video is as good as any of the best NY delis.
Enjoy the virtual feast.
Shalom,
Peter

Peter Fogel
Babylon 7
+0
Phillip Black

5931 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
12/11/2010 4:44:42 AM

Hi Peter,

Thanks for the Link my Friend. If everything works out, I'll be in New York over New Years, and I'll be sure and keep you in mind, while I'm enjoying that wonderful Deli Food.

Now, just in time for those Holiday Parties, here's a few of my favorite Treats. Yes, you can have fun at your own party! Just use your Slow- Cooker Trio...

to keep those appetizers hot and yummy, so you can relax and enjoy the celebration. First up, be sure and try these...

Sweet & Sour Meatballs

Ingredients

• 2 pounds ground beef
  • 1 egg
  • 1 onion, chopped
  • 1 pinch salt
  • 1 (12 fluid ounce) can or bottle chili sauce
  • 2 teaspoons lemon juice
  • 1 cup grape jelly

Directions

1. In a large bowl, combine beef, egg, onion and salt. Mix together, then shape into little balls.
  2. In a slow cooker combine chili sauce, lemon juice and grape jelly. Stir in meatballs and cook on high for 4 to 5 hours.

Next, these Chicken wings are slow cooked with a spicy tangy sauce mixture which includes chili sauce, chili powder lemon juice and molasses. Absolutely finger-licken good!

Slow Cooker Chicken Wings

Ingredients

• 5 1/2 pounds chicken wings, split and tips discarded
  • 1 (12 fluid ounce) can or bottle chile sauce
  • 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
  • 1/4 cup molasses
  • 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
  • 3 drops hot pepper sauce
  • 1 tablespoon salsa
  • 2 1/2 teaspoons chili powder
  • 1 teaspoon garlic powder
  • 2 teaspoons salt

Directions

1. Place chicken in slow cooker. In a medium bowl combine the chile sauce, lemon juice, molasses, Worcestershire sauce, hot pepper sauce, salsa, chili powder, garlic powder and salt. Mix together and pour mixture over chicken.
  2. Cook in slow cooker on Medium Low setting for 5 hours.

Finally, always great for parties and entertaining! Just serve these little wonders with toothpicks.

Little Smokies

Ingredients

• 1 (18 ounce) bottle barbeque sauce
  • 1 cup packed brown sugar
  • 1/2 cup ketchup
  • 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
  • 1/3 cup chopped onion
  • 2 (16 ounce) packages little wieners

Directions

1. Stir together barbecue sauce, brown sugar, ketchup, Worcestershire sauce, onion, and wieners in the bowl of a slow cooker. Cook on LOW for 2 hours, or until ready to serve.

Have A Wonderful Holiday My Friends,

Phil

+0
Phillip Black

5931 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
12/15/2010 11:10:43 PM

Hello Everyone,

For my Friends out in the Mid-West of the Great Country as well as our Friends over in Europe...

Oh, The Weather Outside Is Frightful

On a Cold & Snowy Day, here's a Hearty Bean and Vegetable Stew. These Beans and vegetables are slow-cooked to true stewish perfection.

Slow-Cooker Bean and Vegetable Stew

1 lb assorted dry beans *
2 cups vegetable juice
1/2 cup dry white wine (optional)
1/3 cup soy sauce
1/3 cup apple or pineapple juice
1/2 cup celery, diced
1/2 cup parsnips, diced
1/2 cup carrots, diced
1/2 cup mushrooms, diced
1 onion, diced
1 tsp basil, dried
1 tsp parsley, dried
1 bay leaf
3 clove garlic, minced
1 tsp black pepper, ground
1 cup rice or pasta, cooked
Vegetable stock or water

Rinse beans and then soak overnight in water.

Drain beans and place in crockpot. Add vegetable juice, wine, soy sauce, and apple or pineapple juice. Cover with vegetable stock or water; the amount added depends on whether you prefer a soup (more liquid) or a stew (less). The juice adds just a tad of sweetness and the soy sauce adds depth and the tang of salt.

Cook on high for 2 hours. Add vegetables, herbs, and spices, and cook for 5-6 hours on low until carrots and parsnips are tender. When tender, add rice or pasta and cook for one additional hour on low.

* For beans use 3 or 4 kinds, such as black, red kidney, pinto, baby lima, lentil, and green and/or yellow split peas. The more the merrier.

Have A Blessed Holiday My Friends,

Phil

+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!