Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Joe
Joe Downing

9720 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
Re: Adlandpro Community Volunteers---A Salute
4/17/2007 5:34:14 PM
Hi Mary,

Volunteering is very important.  When my son was much younger, I was always involved as scout leader and little league coach.  It was very time consuming, but then again very rewarding.  Many of these young boys are from broken families or have parents who seem to not have much time or the know how to teach them some of the finer things in life... like how to get along with others, how to follow rules, how to be honorable, integrity, etc.  So, don't thank me, thank all of the scout leaders and coaches.  Our communities need them!

***ADLAND BULLETIN BOARD*** What is Xtreme X2O? ###Get some X2O and Jerky RADICAL for the TRUTH! Laus Deo! ** HUG DEPARTMENT: Always OPE
+0
Mary Hofstetter

3481 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
4/17/2007 6:11:05 PM

bravo to our volunteers

Kathy thank you for reminding us that even right here in our Adlandpro community we rely on volunteers to assist us.  

You have also mentioned several other ways to volunteer  by donating time and goods.

Thanks for stopping in to remember our volunteers.  

+0
Mary Hofstetter

3481 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
4/17/2007 6:16:09 PM

BRAVO TO ALL VOLUNTEERS WHO GAVE AIDE TO KATRINA VICTIMS

Our hats off to organizations like the Red Cross, and individuals who assisted victims of Katrina and Rita.  Building homes, providing shelter, food and water to those hurt by severe storms is a great way to show our love for all mankind in times of trouble.

+0
4/17/2007 7:38:14 PM

Hi Mary, thank you for asking for this and for posting about volunteers. They are the backbone of many communities and many organizations.

I have been a volunteer for a number of years helping mostly with drug and alcohol rehabilitation organizations.

Then in 1992 I got severely injured in a work accident and had to stop volunteering. I became disabled because of this but I thought that maybe I could help others who are also disabled. I joined an organization 5 years ago called Valley Disability Partnership Society. I am now Vice Chair and help all people there and online who are disabled. I love being able to give, you never know a little bit of hope might help someone else.

I am from Nova Scotia Canada and love to communicate to many people to become friends or to share and give each other strength.

I am trying to get online business going but not going well but I am a fighter and will never give up.

Thanks to all who volunteer and who give a part of themselves to make it easier for others. Keep up the great work everyone, be safe, stay well & take care.

Bill

Bill Buick
+0
Mary Hofstetter

3481 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
4/18/2007 4:35:37 AM

BRAVO TO JOE

AND ALL COACHES OF YOUTH SPORTS

Volunteers make a difference in the life of our youth.  They get into so much trouble if they do not have good role models in the adults around them.  You make a difference mom and dad when you take time to get children to practice and serve as coaches and mentors.

Thank you Joe for reminding us of this important aspect of volunteering.

+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!