Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Annie Parker

225 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Re: Adlandpro Community Volunteers---A Salute
4/19/2007 3:47:54 PM
Hi! I am not really a volunteer, per say.I am a full time missionary, and have been since 1998. I spent 2 summers in Chicago, as a summer intern for the inner city, where I worked with others teaching the Hispanic and the african American Children. In 2000,I gave up working, and turned to full time ministry. I was in Southeast DC, where I served with Urban Outreach, until I got married in 2005. I taught children's choir, children's church, and mentored women from the streets who were on their way to drug rehab., as well as run a food pantry. Every Saturday, I, along with teams of young people from across the US(there on a missionary trip), and the Pastor and others, did Soup Ministry on a corner between 2 liquor stores. We made the soup at the center, then took it to the people, in 2 commercial size pots, with bread, something to drink, (and sweets, when available)! We went from about 40 people the first time to about 400 by the time I left in August, 2005. I live now in Jefferson, NC...a very small town...nowhere do you see "street folks", but there are a lot of very poor, here. In fact, On Saturday, May 19,2007, my husband and I will be heading up a soup ministry at the church. We want to reach the neighborhood. Please keep that in your prayers!Jefferson is a very hard place for ministry!!! In addition, I run a summer VBS day camp...Camp Hippopotamus...for a week, each July.This will be the 2nd year here for this..I'm looking for at least 80 kids(we had 40 last year). Our base ministry is....In His Footsteps, where our goal is to reach and teach as many kids as possible. My husband has started free guitar/ukele lessons for some of the children, as a part of the ministry.Right now, he has 4 students. We purchase the instruments and all that goes with them. We are on a fixed income, but we love the Lord...He has been so good to us...giving love away is wonderful. I don't believe that we would change a thing!1 This brings me to a closing(thank goodness, you say!)statement. I joined Adland to try to find a way to bring in income that can support our work. Love and blessings to ALL of you! You are truly a delight to my heart! Thank you for being there! Blessings a bunch, from.... Your servant in Christ, Miss Annie
Live simply, Love generously, Care deeply, Speak kindly....Leave the rest to God! Miss Annie http://www.Xoomaworldwide.com/theelijahspring
+0
Mary Hofstetter

3481 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
4/19/2007 5:47:49 PM

BRAVO ANNIE

Thank you for visiting our honoring forum.  What you and your volunteers   are doing is the difference between starvation and basic needs being met.  Bless you as you reach out to people.

I trust you will raise money here in Alandpro to help fund your charity.

+0
Annie Parker

225 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
4/19/2007 7:36:45 PM
Thank you ! for inviting me and for your encouragement! I believe I am on my way to that very goal of raising the income, and then some, that is so sorely needed. Blessings to you! Annie
Live simply, Love generously, Care deeply, Speak kindly....Leave the rest to God! Miss Annie http://www.Xoomaworldwide.com/theelijahspring
+0
Mary Hofstetter

3481 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
4/21/2007 5:14:07 AM

Hi everyone,

Some great volunteers help to keep our environment clean and healthy.  My great joy in volunteering is at our metropolitan park system in Lima Ohio.  I enjoy acting as a  trail guide for school groups,  assist at special events like Maple Festival, apple festival, etc.  There are many opportunities to assist staff  at parks. and reach out to others who use the parks.

You are invited to the EARTH DAY celebration at Adlandpro.

Come celebrate this world wide acknowledgment of planet

Earth.

GOOD PLANETS ARE HARD TO COME BY---LET'S PROTECT

THE ONE WE HAVE

http://community.adlandpro.com/forums/thread/653680.aspx

+0
4/21/2007 3:25:54 PM

HI Mary,

Thanks for this great forum! I do alot of volunteering, and for many different places. I have worked alot with the American Red Cross. Before moving here to CA I worked as a receptionist for them, plus worked on the Blood Mobiles, Head of Disaster Management Services, Chairwoman of the Service Wives Club, and I also drove one of their vehicles that took the handicapped and elderly to their doctor appt's etc.

I also volunteer for the Salvation Army during the holidays preparing food baskets for the needy.

I volunteer at different nursing homes...visiting patients there and doing little things for them like brush their hair, paint their nails, sing to them, etc. The elderly enjoy people coming to visit with them since most people do not get any visitors.

That is some of my volunteering that I do. I enjoy it very much!

God Bless You,

Love, Marilyn

EVERYONE SHOULD TAKE TIME TO VOLUNTEER!

Marilyn L Martin
"The ALP & TGAMM Couple"
"Rick & Marilyn Martin...Married 11/17/06"
Spiderweb Marketing http://thespiderwebsystem.com/jamila

Traffic Tornado
http://traffictornado.com/x/p2.cgi/6053/

+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!