Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Mary Hofstetter

3481 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
Re: Adlandpro Community Volunteers---A Salute
4/18/2007 4:42:00 AM

BRAVO TO BILL

Thank you for sharing your experience.  Many times we become volunteers because we are returning the help given to us or a loved one.

It happens in groups like Cancer Societies, either a survivor or the loss of a loved one will inspire us to take the organization on as a place to lend a helping hand.

Thank you for inspiring us with your story of healing and hope.  That's what volunteers do best, they encourage others to make it through their struggles.

Welcome to Adlandpro!!

+0
Chris Agostarola

979 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Person Of The Week
4/19/2007 7:22:21 AM

I don't actually go out anywhere and volunteer my time but I have adopted a soldier through this program SOLDIERSANGELS.COM. It is to help keep the soldiers spirits up during their deployment. You just write them letters, you can send them care packages of stuff they can't get from back home ie: snack stuff, toiletries etc. It seems like a great program to me & it's for a great cause. It's free costs you nothing but your time and some postage unless you decide to send care packages or gifts but that is not required. The soldiers really appreciate it. Keep in mind some of them get no mail and it's not a good feeling to watch everyone else getting mail & packages during mail call when your are getting nothing. Some of these soldiers it's all they have to look forward to while they are deployed. If you are interested in adopting a soldier got to this site & click on adopt a soldier: SOLDIERSANGELS.COM.

Chris Agostarola LunaWolf's Mystical Essence http://lunawolfsmysticalessence.com/store/affiliate.asp?aff=71 FREE TO JOIN!!! Watkins www.watkinsonline.com rep#380993 to join : http://www.tsginfo.com/index.php?rc=CA4792
+0
Geketa Holman

2080 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
4/19/2007 12:48:52 PM

Hi Mary,

I am not one to toot my own horn, but for the past 15 years I have been volunterring at the adult education center in my small community. I teach reading and help adults prepare to get their GED's. It is very rewarding seeing an older person smile and say," I did it", and a younger one have a brighter futher!

Thank G-d for volunteers in every field !

Blessings,

Geketa

Hear, O Israel the L-rd our G-d,the L-rd is one http://www.DHGBoutique.com
+0
Mary Hofstetter

3481 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
4/19/2007 1:12:39 PM

BRAVO TO CHRIS

What an important forum of volunteering.  Being away from home is lonely and frightening.  Facing death in the face is a feeling no one wants to do without a support system.  You have made a difference in the lives of some very special young people.

Way to go Chris.  

+0
Mary Hofstetter

3481 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
4/19/2007 1:18:23 PM

BRAVO TO GETKETA

You are filling a need for some speical people looking for a mentor.  Thank you for giving your time to assist those working toward their GED.  They could never do it alone!!

In Ohio we have a program called "Ohio Reads".  The program uses volunteers to sit and read with children.  These children feel so  special when an individual sits with them and listens to them read.  The volunteers also reap a valuable reward....they know they met a need. Schools cannot provided enough one on one help so they rely upon volunteers.   

You have helped people reach their educational goals with love, guidance and encouragement. Hope is a wonderful gift.

+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!