Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Kim
Kim Stilwell

273 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Re: Social networking and the weird guy talking to himself...
7/27/2006 9:41:24 PM

I like some of your views David....live and let live.  When I was little my mom made some comment to me that hurt, something about things not always being the way I "saw" them or something.  So I've spent all my years looking into the perseptions of others, and have marveled often considering how clear something may appear to me and how someone else can view it in a completely different way.  Whose to say if I am right or them?  Maybe neither is wrong or right; maybe it's just the different ways people see things, or feel them, or their different levels of growth or education.  If we were all the same, as Gary said, what a boring, uninteresting situation it would be. 

I feel I have learned that there is something of value to gain from everyone who crosses our path, if we care to notice, and also something we can give to add to them, if we have a heart to.  We may not always know what it might be.  Reminds me of a scripture...."God has chosen the simple things to confound the wise."  There are people who don't realize yet, have not been educated on the idea of how marketing has a relational element, and how it is more communicatively correct or tactful to meet a person first before figuring they might care to hear about an opportunity of yours.  Furthermore, some have not come to the awareness yet or education that people look at you before an offer you have.  Some who are more new to the web and/or online marketing might not be aware of much more than the great program they've found.  We might look at them like big 10th graders seeing the greenness or immaturity of little middle school kids, but if we do that are we any more mature? 

If we have grown intellectually or emotionally to a higher level than we might notice in some others, do we in impatience ridicule them or accuse them of aggervating us with their lesser knowledge or growth, or do we recognize an opportunity to use what we have gained or been given to add to their knowledge or intellectual and emotional growth and intelligence?   I think it has occured in cases that one of less education or any kind of relational intelligence has come up with things that have inspired even a great mind.  I've noticed it, in people who I really can't relate to at all, times that they've said something or had an idea that I thought was pretty cool. 

Not only...Live and let live, but give and receive, love and be loved, and sow what we'd also like to reap.  Would we prefer criticism or understanding, patience or impatience, praise or insult, acceptance or condemnation?  And I'm not trying to pick on anyone either, I've been as guilty as anyone, but am thinking more and more that our words and even thoughts may carry more effect than we realize, and to look into how....we can think of how the words and thoughts of others toward us have sometimes given us great joy or encouragement or hurt us and made us feel very bad.

+0
Gary Simpson

557 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
7/27/2006 9:47:42 PM

Kim,

Very true and very well put.

Gary

+0
7/27/2006 9:49:27 PM
There you go again Kim,

I can not find a single thing to disagree with you on.

Well though, well written.

What you said made me think of something the Lord said, "I Chastise He Whom I Loveth" or something to that effect.

Thanks for taking time to care and respond.

David
DrDA Detox and Heal
435-616-5480 - dblack@dbresearchlc.com
Hello Healthy
No Stress
+0
7/27/2006 10:45:49 PM

Hi David:

I'll probably have to read your post a couple more times, but wanted to reply to these parts;

===============
I rarely see you or any of the other members of this forum in my forums. I have seen where Gary (and most members of your forums it appears) hold little respect for most members of AdlandPro or the world in general or so it seems to me unless they appear and post something you and Gary approve of.

It appears that your filters are more on a personal level. I know that is not meant to be an insult on your part, you are just pickier on how much noise you want to listen to.

It can be interpreted as a moral high ground or mental high ground in a way. The silence (meaning rare appearances in others forums) to many is offensive on a different scale...
===============

Assumptions are funny things. To assume to interpret my "absense" in other forums as high moral ground or high mental ground would be incorrect on your part. I work 40-60 hours a week at my design & seo work. Additionally, I get about 800-850 emails per week.

By the time I'm done any given website development job, I've usually exchanged 200 -300 emails with the client, teaching them how to use their site, how to promote it and offering tips and suggestions along the way. That doesn't include the clients I do ongoing marketing or SEO for.

I also have a daughter, a stepson and a partner that I like to spend time with once in a blue moon, even if it's only a weekend movie or a one on one lunch date. Thank heavens we all have to eat, because dinner and coffee are when I get to spend time with Peter.

Frankly, one forum is all I can manage. There are no other forums or communities that I participate in. Not because I'm too good, but because I can not justify spending more time at a forum when paying clients are waiting for work to be done or email to be replied to.

As for the coment about "little respect for most members of AdlandPro or the world in general" -- I'm just going to assume that wasn't even directed at me, because of how far that would be from the truth.  

: )
Linda

+0
7/27/2006 11:07:09 PM

Hello Linda!  :-)

Excellent article! It rings with 100% truth, some folks can't see beyond the dollar signs so they miss the key to Networking. You must participate in the discussion at hand to be able to build a future business relationship with those your hoping will buy your products. One must learn to genuinely care about his or her potential customers.

I also say the one must market himself or herself before even attempting to market one's products. One must show folks who they're and what they're about. Folks have to see they can trust you before they will trust you with their money or join you in a business venture.

As always, thank you for the great forums you come out with, you're truly an asset to the community.

Take care my friend!

John Sanchez

My Blogs

Goodwill Ambassador

WOSAT-Looking for a few committed individuals.

If I’m not on your friends list please invite me!

+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!