Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Re: Social networking and the weird guy talking to himself...
7/26/2006 11:42:10 PM

Hi Bogdan;

===================
People do wrong things at every corner of our lives....

Those who understand the schema, take advantage of it and try to get as much done in short time as possible to accumulate enough funds before the company is shut down. Others just follow. Believe or not, the same happens in every aspect of our lives. 95% of people follow others.

I'm well aware of it, yet we are providing here tools to do business and it is up to the user to decide how they utilize them

===================

I couldn't resist commenting. This is so true, and was true even before the Internet. Everyone can have a paintbrush. Not everyone can paint the Mona Lisa. 10 people can have the same income, but out of them, only 1 probably has any savings. We all choose how to use the things we have at our fingertips.

Time and money are both commodities and we all choose how to use them. 10 years ago, I did not know as much as I know today. I have learned much. Many people are still at the beginning of their learning curve. Sometimes they learn through role models. Other times they learn from experience.

But yes, they must decide how to use the tools and gauge what they do by the result they are getting. No one can do that for anyone else. Self growth is called that for a reason.

===================
As you know Linda has position of Advisor here. At some point we had more than 10 advisors and today only two. There is a reason for this ===================

Thank you. Mind if I take that as a compliment? lol It's very appreciated.

Linda

+0
Leon Horton

444 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Person Of The Week
7/26/2006 11:52:05 PM
Bogdan,

Thank you for your clearly presented post.  I am not as Gary says... afraid to speak my mind simply because you are the main man... as you are already aware.  I will try to make things go as smothly as possible, though, without so much anger or criticism.

I just wanted to put my two cents worth in here to let you know that I appeciate all that you have done to make the new additions easier to deal with.  I commend your efforts and I thank you.

Gary,

I wish I had your ability to write.  I would not be hanging around here so much!  I would be writing articles or books to sell.  I must say that you did make me chuckle in your first post.  

I agree that many of the members here do over-do their advertising.  However, advertising is the basis of this company.  I joined AdlandPro for the advertising and did not know about the forums for about a year... what a dummy, right?  Nevertheless, we all have to experience the thoughlessness of those who are doing what they think is the right thing.  I do.  I hope you will also.  I look forward to seeing more of your anecdotes.

Linda,

Please forgive me for jumping in here.  I was not invited... I just saw Bogdan responding and decided to see what the issue was.  I think you have some very good forum threads and I will participate more now.  I have been very busy with my day J.O.B. working in the heat.  Which drains me physically as well as mentally.  Iguess you can tell from my rambling.

Peace to all,
Leon
+0
7/27/2006 12:01:42 AM

Hi Leon;

================
Linda... Please forgive me for jumping in here. I was not invited... I just saw Bogdan responding and decided to see what the issue was. I think you have some very good forum threads and I will participate more now. I have been very busy with my day J.O.B. working in the heat. Which drains me physically as well as mentally. I guess you can tell from my rambling.
==================

Consider yourself invited. My forum is very open door and open mind. I delete "drive by ads" but everyone else is always welcome to share thoughts, ideas, insights and even opinions. (I have a few of those myself. lol)

I can't think of a person I haven't learned from. Sometimes, the only thing I learn is to improve my patience and tolerance... lol... but I always learn something.

:)
Linda

P.S. What rambling?

+0
Leon Horton

444 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Person Of The Week
7/27/2006 12:27:25 AM
Hi Linda,

Thank you!

I am getting ready to shut down this vicious animal and go to bed.  I will be more mindful of the forum notification emails in the future.

I have simply deleted most of them because I have not had time to spend here lately.

Thanks again,
Leon
+0
Gary Simpson

557 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
7/27/2006 12:48:14 AM

Hi Bogdan,

Thanks for your reply. I am glad that we can disagree on certain matters yet still be "friends." I would envisage that we would agree on far more things than a little volcanic eruption here and there.

Mud slinging is the cyber version of the old-time gun slinging, in my opinion. The only difference is instead of one or both getting killed is that one or both may be emotionally hurt in the exchange. But I am getting too analytic.

Yes, I was sarcastic.  My apologies if it caused you grief. Others seem to have been amused by it. It takes all kinds, I suppose.

I do appreciate what you have done here. My sardonic remarks were out of frustration and after I had a pretty lousy day dealing with some very unreasonable people. But that's not a feeble excuse. I said what I said. I just went a bit feral but I didn't set out to hurt anybody intentionally. A lot of what I said was tongue-in-cheek but it had a strong element of truth behind it - as far as I was concerned at the time, that is. I suppose it spiced the thread up a bit.

I take your point about the way others perceive things. Heh... at least it got your attention and you have acted upon it. I have since disabled the pop-ups for my own peace of mind. I am still scratching my head regarding those who like the distraction and blanketing of the panels. Whatever. Here's a suggestion - not that it will benefit me now...

Why not put the bottom pop-up on the LHS where it will cover nothing. That seems logical to me.

Leon,

==========

"I wish I had your ability to write.  I would not be hanging around here so much!  I would be writing articles or books to sell.  I must say that you did make me chuckle in your first post." 

==========

Thank you. I have indeed written many books (non-fiction) and am currently working on two novels.  Anyway, you have a pretty decent method of expression yourself, so, like Linda with Bogdan, I will take that as a compliment. Thank you again.

Winston,

Trust you. Kneecaps. Hmm. Talk about a ribald sense of humo(u)r. All that HAHAHA stuff reminded me of the old Batman series on TV. KAPOW!

Ranunculus,

You can cover my back or my front - heh... ONLY joking. Seriously, I can  indeed envision you standing there arms folded, toe tapping. I'd hate to be late to work when you are watching the time machine. Oops, forgot - we don't have them any more. See? I'm showing my age.

Finally, Bogdan...

==========

"Thank you for listening"

==========

You too. Pity that's not happening between Israel and Lebanon. What is happening over there can put a dampener on everybody's day.

OK. Time to finish up. I talk too much.

Gary

+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!