Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Gary Simpson

557 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Re: Social networking and the weird guy talking to himself...
7/29/2006 2:52:43 AM

Hi Linda and fellow forumites,

I think it is also important to show people that you care. Was it Cavett Robert who said: "People don't care what you know they just want to know that you care."? I think it was. Maybe I got the quote slightly incorrect but that was the gist of it, I think. I'm operating off memory here, so if I have erred in any of that then please forgive me. The main thing is the message.

It's also important not to present one image and then deliver another. That just confuses people. Confused people don't buy.

You have to sell yourself first and your product or service next.

Another thing is to be fair in all dealings. Having different sets of rules for different types of people is a sure-fire way to create dissention.

So, in essence - fairness and uniformity are key elements to selling, online and offline. I hope this helps.

Gary.

+0
7/29/2006 8:54:21 AM

===============
I rarely see you or any of the other members of this forum in my forums. I have seen where Gary (and most members of your forums it appears) hold little respect for most members of AdlandPro or the world in general or so it seems to me unless they appear and post something you and Gary approve of.

It appears that your filters are more on a personal level. I know that is not meant to be an insult on your part, you are just pickier on how much noise you want to listen to.

It can be interpreted as a moral high ground or mental high ground in a way. The silence (meaning rare appearances in others forums) to many is offensive on a different scale...
===============

"little respect for most members of AdlandPro or the world in general" --

David,

I have to say, this, in my opinion was a little "below the belt".  Both Linda and Peter have taken their personal time, outside of Adland to provide me with whatever assistance I have requested, and I'm sure that I am not the only one.

Gary's intellectual sparing and sarcasm may not be for everyone, but it is not done in malice and I have learned a lot from "sparing" with him.  He

I also have forums that I don't see a lot of people from Linda's forums interacting in.  I'm not at all offended.  Not all of my topics are of interest to them....why would they interact?

As far as "filters being on a more personal level", I would venture to guess that this is true for almost all of us.  I am more apt to open an email I receive from you David.....I've interacted with you and have respect for you as a person. Are you not just as likely to open an email from someone you know and trust.  I think this is more due to a lack of time......I open those things from people I know first....I am wife aka CEO of a household, a mother to a very active 5 year-old and also work both at home and outside of the home.  I don't have countless hours to spend online.

Although I happen to not agree with you on this one David....I still consider you a "friend" and respect both you and your opinions.

+0
Gary Simpson

557 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
7/29/2006 9:45:38 AM

Nunc (short for Ranunculus, just in case you were wondering...

Hey, I was really getting off on:

===========

"Gary's intellectual sparing and sarcasm may not be for everyone, but it is not done in malice and I have learned a lot from "sparing" with him.  He"

===========

Yeah? yeah? ... what came next? He... what?

Nunc, you know I just do that stuff to draw others into the fray. I hope I'm not being too over the top. I really LIKE verbal jousting. It's good to see people arrive with some well thought out discussion. They don't have to agree with me. In fact, sometimes I prefer that they don't.

As for intellectual - well there is some pretty good company 'round these here parts.

So - "he... (you fill in the rest - several paragraphs will suffice)."

I will be waiting with a sardine on the end of my tongue (see below)

Gary - (10:40:59 PM - just trying out the clock function folks)

PS: Huh? - With baited breath, of course! LOL!

+0
7/29/2006 10:20:17 AM
Hi Linda and other forum members,

I am getting a bit of heat for my comments. They were in response to Gary's first post when he was so upset with AdlandPro and the POPUPS that he was leaving.

In his parting comments he said this:

=============
Sorry Linda. I am just fed up. Totally fed up. You and the other quality people who visit your forum are the only sane people here. All the rest are just time wasters. Maybe they can entertain themselves by wasting each other's time but I'm out of here.
=============

That and other comments in the past are what made me make that post. Now why am I the one getting the heat for what I said? From several members.

Why did none of you other than me disagree with Gary?

Gary has already apologized to Bogdan for the post so I will leave it at that.

I am glad Gary has decided to stay with AdlandPro.

I am glad you have time for one forum Linda. AdlandPro would far less of a place with you not here.

I truly value your input even it I do not always agree and have often misunderstood you.

David
DrDA Detox and Heal
435-616-5480 - dblack@dbresearchlc.com
Hello Healthy
No Stress
+0
7/29/2006 10:58:09 AM

Hi David!

==========
That and other comments in the past are what made me make that post. Now why am I the one getting the heat for what I said? From several members. Why did none of you other than me disagree with Gary?
==========

Can't speak for others, but for me, I figured Bogdan's post anwered Gary's frustrations. Despite the humor about me wearing wrestling tights, I actually try not to play tag team. I don't gang up against anyone or with anyone. Mostly, I try to be the defender of everyone's right to an opinion.

==========
I am glad you have time for one forum Linda. AdlandPro would far less of a place with you not here.
==========

Well thank you. I'm not sure Adland would be any different if I wasn't here, but there's a lot of people I'd miss.... so you're kind of stuck with me for now. lol

==========
I truly value your input even it I do not always agree and have often misunderstood you.

==========

Kind of like that old saying.... I might not agree with your opinion, but I'll defend to the death your right to have one. That's kind of how I try to operate this forum. Hey -- that means we agree on something. lol

Linda

+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!