Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Bogdan Fiedur

4624 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
Re: Missing-Lost-Kidnapped
7/4/2006 1:08:10 PM
Hello Mary, I have been forwarded to forum about lost panda bear and read most of the posts here. Over 90% of people who entered anything in place of their personal picture at this community, entered their personal pictures. This is creating real trusting and professional environment. People want to do business with other individuals who can be identified through certain characteristics and a personal picture is the one which gives us a lot of information about them. I want that Adlandpro community creates environment where people want to do business as close as possible to a real life. Imagine going to your accountant who wears a mask or sends his or her kids to greet you at the door and you need to communicate through them in regards to your business. Imagine a car salesmen who hides behind a car poster when negotiating a price with you. Imagine a policemen having a mask with Dr. Phil. Would you feel confident that you have met proper people with whom you should leave your money or your financial future or security? We give additional exposure to people who upload their real pictures and we want every newcomer to see that and follow the example. Allowing pictures which don't reflect persons look, gives the wrong example for the newcomers and encourages them to do the same so we continue be anonymous and unprofessional. It also allows certain individuals to hide behind the icons and behave irresponsibly. Putting ones face in front of their words, makes them more self conscious and think twice before they post. In addition putting other pictures, icons or cartoon characters, might infringe on copyright laws. Since those images are stored on our servers, we ultimately are responsible for violation of those lows as we have allowed for this images to be used in the unlawful manner. I hope this will explain our reasoning and decision to enforce using of personal pictures. Bogdan Fiedur
Be a victor not a victim. Simply be responsible for what happensin your life.
Truth can only be found by those who have the humility to consider what they do not prefer.

Facebook | YouTube | Twitter | Google+ | LinkedIn | Tumblr | My Blog

+0
7/4/2006 2:13:15 PM
Hello Bogdan and Friends It is not really that important to me weather I have my picture or a logo up in my posts because I really don't do much marketing here anyhow. However, having a personal picture up does not nessesarily it is a true picture of the person posting. I personally know of someone here that has posted the picture of someone else in place of their own so there are no guarentees. Many business people prefer to be recognized by thier logo rather than their picture. I for one was very well recognized for my angel picture and received many comments about that picture. To my knowledge AdlandPro is the only large networking community that requires people to post their personnal picture so there must be a way of avoiding liability for copyright infringement. I do know people who would never post their picture on the internet under any circumstances and therefore could not be members of Adland. It just might not be worth the montly fee to be a member if one cannot promote their logo rather than their picture. It is a tough situation. I hope it all works out well for everyone involved. AdlandPro really is a great community. Just my thoughts. May a smile follow you to sleep each night,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, and be there waiting,,, when you awaken. Sincerly, Bill Vanderbilt Mental Health And Political Forums Respectively http://community.adlandpro.com/forums/8212/ShowForum.aspx http://community.adlandpro.com/forums/9637/ShowForum.aspx Great New Product And Biz Op. Came to me highly recommended by a very good friend. I am just starting and I will keep you all informed as to progress. It really looks good. Here is my link http://www.aatcm.com/billdaddy
May a smile follow you to sleep each night and,,,,,be there waiting,,,,,when you awaken http://community.adlandpro.com/forums/8212/ShowForum.aspx Sincerely, Billdaddy
+0
Mary Hofstetter

3481 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
7/4/2006 2:16:52 PM
Bogdan, Thank you for coming to visit and answer our questions. The professional part is not difficult to understand. It also makes sense to show the photos of those with real people pictures in the slideshow. That is not difficult to understand as people's behavior can quickly be changed when there are consequences. I have no issue with putting up my photo but unlike some others, I was never asked. That would have been done. This is an honest person who wants to be a good member of this community. It is seems some were told to remove, some were removed with no warning, and yes, others still remain. People may not be hiding behind logos and symbols, as our dealings with people speak louder than our photo. A man in a suit, standing with a child, posting a degree title can rip someone off just as someone who posts a false picture. The internet is a precarious and dangerous place to work and none of us are immune. It is easy to hide behind a child's picture...they are still there. There are cars,animals, figuers, stuffed toys, carved figuers......do I need to go on? What you have done is not wrong, it is your policy. It is the way it was done. Please be fair and treat all of your Adlandpro users fairly. Again, I do appreciate that you came. Your time here is appreciated.
+0
Luella May

3048 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
7/4/2006 2:58:57 PM
Mary! Jenny! Look at what John Elliott has done! Isn't he most wonderful? And so you all know.... I am the little angel on the right, and John is the little angel on the left. Love you loads! Luella May and John Elliott, aka Oaky Wood
+0
Ana Maria Padurean

4280 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
7/4/2006 3:36:12 PM
Waw, Hello Mary and every one! At first I realy took this as a rather funny thread! But now, after reading all the posts I realized how seriouse it could be. And I'm not talking about Bogdan's post, because the reasons I posted my own pic (and didn't even thought about doing else) were the ones he was reffering at. Now I can see how many reasons there would be not doing that! I didn't even thought of Bill's somewhat humoros, but true reasons! Should I change something on my profile?! Hm, I have to think about it! Thank you for this very instructive thread. With friendship, Anamaria
+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!