Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Re :Re: 24 hour countdown. If you love animals (pets) please click this.
7/6/2006 8:05:29 PM
Hey Sonny;

============
You guys state it well... There are "shelters" in your areas. Are they in residential homes ? NOT . Do they house over 200 animals in a 8 room home? Not unless they are hoarders and in need of help!
============

Actually, the ones I know ARE in residential areas. lol.

From what I have read and seen, the "200" animals at Angel's Gate are not all indoor animals (like dogs and cats) crammed into a house. That number includes the ducks that local schools hatch and then need to get rid of, and birds that don't take up much room beyond their birdcage, small caged pets, etc. And from the satellite maps at Google, it looks like a HUGE property with lots of room between neighbors - not like the way houses are crammed 5 feet apart here. I can see everything from the things in the back yard to the car in the driveway.

============
Vote to move AG to your town !
============

Logical conversation I can have, illogical I won't.

============
I think if you asked most of the animals, they would say , "THERE ARE OVER 200 OF US IN HERE.... LET ME OTTA HERE... I FEEL LIKE A SARDINE.... I'M HURTIN AND GETTING NO ATTENTION... PLEEEEAAASSE......
============

Here's the thing Sonny. There's a right way and a wrong way to handle everything. What thousands of people have stood up to say is that they believe that someone caring for these animals - instead of killing them - is the right thing to do. Either you agree with that, or you don't.

a) If you agree with that, but think they are doing some of it wrong, the next logical question becomes "How can you help?" Can you help them find homes for some of the animals? Can you help them give the animals more attention?

b) If you don't agree that the animals should be allowed to have their life, and you think they should die, the next logical question is the one I asked you last night. If you broke your legs or had cancer, should YOU be euthanized? You still haven't answered that.

: ) Linda
+0
Venerina Conti

1305 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Person Of The Week
7/6/2006 8:37:32 PM

Hey Linda ...

I'm No. 4,435 .... maybe late ... but I did get there for you ....

Good luck with it ....

Venerina

+0
7/6/2006 9:58:39 PM

ok,I'll make it short and sweet.....

So we live on 1 acre lots... worked hard to get here and don't need 230 animals on my block. Nimby? YES 

Is it my responsibility to run over there and take care of AG's animals? I have my own animals, kids and responsibilities and I do my own volunteer work,just like the other "bad" neighbors.

Bottom line is Angels Gate showed no compassion to the neighbors,ignored our complaints until recently when they realized the town may very well ask them to move.

They made their bed, and they have to sleep in it.    

+0
7/6/2006 9:58:57 PM

ok,I'll make it short and sweet.....

So we live on 1 acre lots... worked hard to get here and don't need 230 animals on my block. Nimby? YES 

Is it my responsibility to run over there and take care of AG's animals? I have my own animals, kids and responsibilities and I do my own volunteer work,just like the other "bad" neighbors.

Bottom line is Angels Gate showed no compassion to the neighbors,ignored our complaints until recently when they realized the town may very well ask them to move.

They made their bed, and they have to sleep in it.    

+0
7/6/2006 10:00:36 PM
Hi Venerina

==============
I'm No. 4,435 .... maybe late ... but I did get there for you .... Good luck with it ....
==============

You're a doll. Thank you so much!

I'm know Susan & Victor appreciate every single vote. They've been just bombed with emails and letters of support for what they're doing.

: )
Linda
+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!