Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Wow, Kim - Re: That is not how I want to live my life...
7/5/2006 2:16:11 AM
Hi Kim. Wow... just wow. What an incredible post. I've read it three times and I think everyone should read it at least that many times. I love this part... ...instead of telling myself I need to learn to be content, I LOOK for where I am being led or what it is that is going to take me forward in some area. Discontent might be an inner voice saying you've accomplished all you can here, or grown all you can, and it's time to move on to a place where more growth will occur. I'm glad you love my forum. Please do pop in more often. I love reading your posts! Off to read your profile to get to know you a little better. : ) Linda
+0
Re: Wow, Kim - Re: That is not how I want to live my life...
7/16/2006 1:09:19 PM
I agree with a lot of the comments already gone by. But, figuring out what you want is a toughie, it's not always easy to find that, many people never truly find it, though many are happy getting close. Remember, not all of us will be cleebrities, but we all live lives of meaning and purpose. It's remembering what our purpose is and how we get there is what consumes most of our time.
+0
Kim
Kim Stilwell

273 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
7/16/2006 4:09:30 PM

Walter...that was a word of wisdom wasn't it.  Gee, do you have more?  "Life" is in truth, even more than in what we see, as there was some in those words! 

I have caught myself telling everyone about Betty Eade's book, "Embraced by the Light."  In joking I say it is one of those "required readings" for life.  What you said...about how we are consumed most of the time with what our purpose is and how to reach it, was mentioned by this woman who had a very extensive experience in heaven and in the presence of it's hosts including Jesus and God. 

She described knowing her purpose while she was there but having the memory of it removed before she returned.  It must be part of our growing here to seek it and pursue it, I guess.  In regard to your comment that many never find it, I agree; perhaps some are too involved in this life to seek it, maybe some don't give enough attention to that interior voice that tells them, "I have a purpose here; maybe some just don't find the doors that will lead them in that direction; maybe we do end up completing it even if we don't recognize or realize it, though it will be revealed in the next dimension, and maybe some do see or sense it, and like you say, spend life seeking it, some to discover and walk in their purpose with a "knowing" that they are, and some to continue to seek, while some may be fullfilling it as they seek, and some may feel they never really find it, but after all this, I imagine, as this lady saw in a moment when she viewed her family from the spirit world, that God's purposes are ultimately being fullfilled anyhow, as she knew in that moment, that even though she was not present with her family, that....all was well!....that these people who were her family on earth, would go on to fullfill their purposes here, and then when they were done, would return home to the place, so wonderfully described in God's words that say, "Eye has not seen, and ear has not heard, neither has it entered into the minds of men the things that God has prepared..."  and a key word is "return".....home.

Your few words Walter, as this lady says ALL words do, had a "rippling" effect, and met me with all these thoughts.  And Linda opened the door to the discussion...so see how it is as this lady also said, that all our words and thoughts and all that we do has an effect that reaches out and touches, to far greater lengths that we realize, the world and people around us.   One thought or word or action causes another; amazing then to consider the effect we are having on people and the world around us.

+0
Cheri Merz

1258 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Person Of The Week
7/16/2006 8:58:30 PM
May I stick my toe in the water here? Last October I had the opportunity to read a book that many of my friends had read years ago--The Celestine Prophecy. I was taken by the concept that our purpose in life might actually be to work out a pattern our souls need to resolve, or break one. I recall thinking that I had been seeking some lofty purpose that would be for the benefit of others, when it might be simply to experience the joy of living. Maybe that would benefit others, sort of a lead by example thing. It was a great relief to me, as I felt somehow incomplete because I felt I had never identified a 'passion' to live for as many do. From your description, sounds like Ms. Eade's book is another I should read. Thanks for mentioning it. Cheri
+0
Ricardo Alcaraz

203 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Re: That is not how I want to live my life...
7/17/2006 5:48:17 AM

Hello Linda,

As usual, your post has been thought-provoking.

I guess with that asked, the follow-up question should be,

"How do I want to live my life?"

Isn't it sad that we definitely know what we don't want, but we have no idea what we want?

There need to be times when we should just stop, and take inventory of our lives. We need times when we can evaluate our goals and purposes.

We also need to be honest and frank as we do so. I must confess, these are times when it's so easy for me to be in denial.

But that's no way to get ourselves out of the rut.

As we honestly acknowledge our need for help and change, then the path that we should undertake becomes clearer for us.

Cheers!

Ricardo

+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!