Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Jenny SJ

1902 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
Re: That is not how I want to live my life...
7/20/2006 3:50:29 AM
Hi Linda, Another brain tickling forum from you!. Kim, I agree one hundred percent with Gary. Please can you change your font and put some paragraphs!! i would love to be able to read your posts more easily - you have so much good stuff to say - but I am afraid that the italics and lack of paragraphs HURT MY EYES. Please - Gary's right - they are worth reading so please make it a bit easier for us. Dont be offended please. Right Winston - about the detours - they are so useful, especially if you are a person that goes off at a tangent with ease!!LOL Saludos Jenny
+0
Kim
Kim Stilwell

273 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
7/20/2006 6:11:54 AM

Sorry you guys. 

Didn't really realize.  I love writing and it's a little like painting to me; no other motive.

No intention to confront anyone, only to give what's in my heart to anyone who might find a meaning or purpose in it.                 Kim

+0
Gary Simpson

557 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
7/20/2006 7:20:43 AM

Hi Kim,

I hope you understand that my comments were designed to help you to get your comments read by more people. I had noticed that you were using italics a fair bit.

I think you have a lot of very sensible comments to make. What was concerning me was the fact that you were making your comments unnecessarily difficult to read. After all, the point of writing here is - hopefully - to share experiences and opinions with others.

That was my sole concern - not to make you feel bad. If I did then I am sorry.

Just have a look at any newspaper or magazine. The editors know exactly what fonts to use, size and spacing to make it easy for folks to read. Books are the same.

Your small print reply wasn't lost on me. I know you were demonstrating a "little" voice to say sorry. That was actually quite funny.

But, seriously, there is nothing to be sorry for. Like I said you make very good contributions. I just think that they need to be as easy to read as possible because people have a great aversion to reading anything that LOOKS difficult.

That was my sole intention. Keep writing!

Best Wishes

Gary.

PS: All these latest options in the toolbar are too distracting for my liking. The temptation is too GREAT to use them - LOL! See what I mean?

+0
Kim
Kim Stilwell

273 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
7/22/2006 8:30:43 AM

Gary,    I do see the point, and do see where people might think you are trying to be overwhelming or something, especially if you used this type of writing in advertising!  Yet at the time I just wasn't thinking, really. 

Everyone has a heart I think, and I saw yours in your last words, so I will take the advice and yes, it's even a releif to me to see smaller words!  ha ha.  And yes, I am at the age where my eyes aren't perfect either! 

+0
Winston Scoville

536 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
7/22/2006 10:13:25 PM
Can I jump in here and play devils advocate for a sec???? :-) Kim, could you use text the next size up? I feel like I'm reading the "small print" on a warranty card. :-) LOL
+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!