Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Phillip Black

5931 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
RE: A Tasty Fish Dish To Start With
6/14/2015 2:47:01 AM
Hi Barry,

As always, thanks for stopping by and thanks for the Comments. Also, as I've said before, you're Welcome at any time my Friend. The Welcome Mat is always out and I've just about always got something cooking.

Have A Wonderful Sunday,

Phil

“There may be trouble all around, but I am calling you to a place of peace. Be still and know that I am God. Come to Me, and I will give you wisdom, strength, and grace for everything you face." Psalm 46:10
+0
Phillip Black

5931 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
6/18/2015 6:51:02 PM
Hello Everyone,

Well it's Friday, so that means something Fishy is cooking. Today, we'll try this Crunchy Coconut Shrimp with some Baked Potato Wedges. Both dishes are baked instead of fried, and they're so easy. The Shrimp and Wedges just need the addition of a little green Vegetable to be great for Dinner or the Shrimp are equally as good as an Appetizer with some Orange Marmalade for dipping.

Baked Coconut Shrimp

Ingredients

1 lb. large shrimp, peeled and deveined
1/3 cup cornstarch
1 tsp sea salt
3/4 tsp cayenne pepper
2 cups flaked, sweetened coconut
3 egg white, beaten until foamy

Directions

Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Lightly coat a baking sheet with cooking spray.

Rinse and dry shrimp with paper towels. Mix cornstarch, salt and cayenne pepper in a shallow bowl, pour coconut flakes in a separate bowl. Working with one shrimp at a time, dredge it in cornstarch mixture, then did it in egg white, and roll in the coconut, making sure to coat shrimp well. Place on the prepared baking sheet, and repeat with remaining shrimp.

Bake the shrimp until they are bright pink on the outside and the meat is no longer transparent in the center and the coconut is browned, around 15 to 20 minutes, flipping the shrimp about halfway through. Serves 4.

These oven fries are baked after they are seasoned with garlic powder and onion powder, and go equally well with seafood, burgers, or barbecued chicken.

Oven Fresh Seasoned Potato Wedges

Ingredients
1/4 cup grated Parmesan Cheese
1 Tbs olive oil
1 Tsp onion powder
1 Tsp garlic powder
1/4 Tsp ground black pepper
1/4 Tsp sea salt
2 russet potatoes, scrubbed and cut into eighths

Directions
Preheat oven to 425 degrees.

Place Parmesan cheese, oil, onion powder, garlic powder, pepper, salt, and potatoes into a resealable plastic bag. Seal the bag, then shake to coat the potatoes with the seasoning. Spread the potatoes over a baking sheet.

Bake in the preheated oven until potatoes are easily pierced with a fork, about 25 minutes.

Have A Terrific Thursday,

Phil
“There may be trouble all around, but I am calling you to a place of peace. Be still and know that I am God. Come to Me, and I will give you wisdom, strength, and grace for everything you face." Psalm 46:10
+0
Phillip Black

5931 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
6/20/2015 4:00:26 AM
Hello Friends,

Well, I was so anxious to fix that Shrimp yesterday that I mixed up my days. Today is definitely Friday, so for our Friday fish dish, let's try some Snapper and Zucchini. The Lemon juice and rind brighten this Snapper with Zucchini and Tomato dinner for two. Don't forget and leave out the Vermouth, since it adds a nice hit of flavor to the Vegetables.

Snapper with Zucchini and Tomatoes

Ingredients

4 tsp extra-virgin olive oil, divided
1/2 tsp kosher salt, divided
1/2 tsp freshly ground black pepper, divided
2 (6 oz.) snapper fillets
2 tbs dry vermouth or white wine
1 cup diced zucchini
1 1/2 tsp minced shallots
1 tsp chopped fresh oregano
1 tsp grated lemon rind
1 cup halved cherry tomatoes
1 tbs chopped fresh basil
2 tsp fresh lemon juice

Directions

Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add l tsp oil to pan; swirl to coat. Sprinkle 1/4 tsp salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper over fish. Add fish to pan; cook 3 minutes on each side or until desired degree of doneness. Remove fish from pan; keep warm. Add vermouth; cook until liquid almost evaporates. Add zucchini, shallots, oregano, lemon rind, 1 teaspoon of oil, and 1/8 teaspoon salt; saute 3 minutes or until zucchini is tender.

Combine zucchini mixture, tomato, remaining 1/8 tsp salt, remaining 2 tsp oil, basil, and juice; toss gently. Serve with fish.

Calories 303; Fat 11.8 g; Sat Fat 1.8 g; Mono Fat 7.3 g; Poly Fat 1.8 g; Protein 36.8 g; Carbohydrate 7.8 g; Fiber 1.8 g; Cholesterol 63 mg; Iron 1 mg; Sodium 602 mg;
Calcium 83 mg.

Have A Blessed Evening,

Phil
+0
Phillip Black

5931 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
6/24/2015 9:58:31 PM
Hello Friends,

I'm sorry that I wasn't here for that Father's Day picnic that I mentioned, but I actually was taken out for Dinner on Father's Day so I didn't have to cook anything. It was a pleasant surprise.

However, I'm back and I have a simple Shrimp recipe to start off with today. This recipe is not for the faint of heart when it comes to Garlic, so you might want to keep an eye on how much you need. However, if you like Shrimp and you LOVE Garlic, I hope you'll give this fast and delicious recipe a try real soon.

Simple Garlic Shrimp

Ingredients

1 1/2 Tbs Olive Oil
1 lb Shrimp, peeled and deveined
Sea Salt to taste
6 Cloves Garlic, finely minced
1/4 Tsp Red Pepper Flakes
3 Tbs Lemon Juice
1 Tbs Caper Brine
1 1/2 Tsp Cold Unsalted Butter
1/3 Cup Italian Flat Leaf Parsley, divided
1 1/2 Tbs Cold Unsalted Butter
Water, as needed

Directions

Heat olive oil in heavy skillet over high heat until it just begins to smoke. Place shrimp in an even layer on bottom of pan and cook for 1 minute without stirring.

Season Shrimp with sea salt, cook and stir until shrimp begin to turn pink, about 1 minute.

Stir in garlic and red pepper flakes; cook and stir 1 minute. Stir in lemon juice, caper brine, 1 1/2 tsp of cold butter, and half of the parsley.

Cook until butter has melted, about 1 minute, then turn heat on low and stir in 1 1/2 tbs of cold butter. Cook and stir until all butter has melted to form a thick sauce and the shrimp are pink and opaque, about 2 to 3 minutes.

Remove shrimp with a slotted spoon and transfer to a bowl; continue to cook butter sauce, adding water 1 tsp at a time if too thick, about 2 minutes. Season with salt to taste.

Serve shrimp topped with pan sauce. Garnish with remaining flat leaf parsley. Serves 4.

Calories 196; Fat 12 g; Cholesterol 188 mg; Sodium 244 mg; Carbohydrates 2.9 g;
Fiber 0.4; Protein 19.1 g.

Have A Wonderful Wednesday,

Phil

+0
Phillip Black

5931 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
6/27/2015 7:02:52 PM
Hello My Friends,

This Baked Cod recipe is both fast and delicious. Simply bake for two sets of 10 minutes each and you have a perfect "10" for Dinner. I serve this with a Rice Pilaf and some fresh Spinach that has been lightly seared in Olive Oil and Garlic.

Perfect "10" Baked Cod

Ingredients

2 tbs. Unsalted Butter
1/2 Sleeve Ritz Crackers, crushed
2 tbs Coconut Oil
1 lb Thick Cut Cod Loin
1/2 Lemon, juiced
1/4 cup Dry White Wine
1 tbs Fresh Chopped Parsley
1 tbs Chopped Green Onion
1 Lemon, cut into wedges

Directions

Preheat oven to 400 Degrees F

Place 2 tbs butter in a microwave safe bowl; melt in microwave on high, about 30 seconds. Stir buttery round cracker crumbs into melted butter.

Place 2 tbs of coconut oil in a 7 x l inch baking dish. Coat both sides of cod with coconut oil in the baking dish.

Bake cod in the preheated oven for 10 minute. Remove from oven, top with lemon juice, wine and cracker mixture. Place back in oven and bake until fish is opaque and flakes easily with a fork, about 10 more minutes.

Garnish the baked cod with parsley flakes and green onion. Serve with lemon wedges.
Serves 4.

Calories 280; Fat 16.1 g; Cholesterol 71 mg; Sodium 282 mg; Carbohydrates 9.3 g;
Fiber 0.4 g; Protein 20.9 g

Hope You're Having A Great Weekend,

Phil.
+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!