Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Myrna Ferguson

16559 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
RE: A Tasty Fish Dish To Start With
6/2/2015 3:43:16 AM
Hi Phil,
Keep up the good work on the weight loss. Over 3 lbs a week you will reach your goal in a short time.

Do you know coconut oil helps you to loss weight. I know that is why I have been losing weight and I eat about what I want. I have cut out most sugar, one reason it is not good for you, but mostly it makes me short of breath, if I eat much sugar.

Here is a great site for the use of coconut oil.http://wellnessmama.com/5734/101-uses-for-coconut-oil/ Hope it is helpful for you.

LOVE IS THE ANSWER
+0
Phillip Black

5931 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
6/2/2015 8:48:44 PM
Hi Myrna,

Glad you stopped back by to visit. I appreciate the encouraging words and also the link. I love using Coconut Oil, Coconut Milk and Coconut Flour. It's healthier and to be honest it just tastes better.

The Diet's working, but I have a long way to go to reach my goal weight. Here's one of my favorite tricks for breakfast. Always use Steel Cut Oats, because once more, they're Healthier and they taste better.

How To Make a Week of Steel-Cut Oats in 5 Minutes

Makes 5 Delicious & Nutritious Servings

Ingredients

1 2/3 cups steel-cut oats
4 cups water
1/4 teaspoon salt

Optional Mix-Ins

Milk or Almond milk
Cinnamon or other spices
Raisins or other dried fruit
Fresh berries
Nuts or seeds
Jam
Honey

Equipment

5 pint-sized Mason jars with lids
Large saucepan
Ladle

Instructions

1. Collect your jars and other equipment. I like pint-sized jars for this, as they allow a little more room for adding nuts, raisins, and milk later. But you can also use half-pint jars.
  2. Cook the oats for 3 minutes: Bring the oats, water, and salt to a boil. Simmer for about 3 minutes then turn off the heat.
  3. Let the jars stand at room temperature, then refrigerate: Divide the oatmeal among the jars. Let stand, uncovered, at room temperature for about an hour or until cool to the touch, then cap and refrigerate.
  4. Reheat the oatmeal in the microwave: Take the cap off one jar and stir up the oatmeal inside. Microwave for 2 to 3 minutes, or until quite hot. Add milk, raisins, or other mix-ins.

Recipe Notes

• You can also add your raisins, cinnamon, or other mix-ins to the rest of the jars before putting them away in the refrigerator. Then all you have to do is grab one and go on your way out the door.
Calories 102; Fat 1.8 g; Saturated 0.3 g; Carbohydrates 8.3 g; Fiber 2.7 g; Sugars 0.3 g;
Sodium 125.5 mg; Protein 3.6 g.

Have A Terrific Tuesday,

Phil
“There may be trouble all around, but I am calling you to a place of peace. Be still and know that I am God. Come to Me, and I will give you wisdom, strength, and grace for everything you face." Psalm 46:10
+0
Phillip Black

5931 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
6/3/2015 10:46:16 PM
Hello My Friends,

I love this zesty Southwestern-style fish. This can be made with any firm whitefish such as Cod or Halibut, but I prefer Tilapia. I've even used boneless, skinless Chicken breasts. Generally I make a package of red or black beans with rice to serve with it while the fish cooks. In the unlikely event that you have any leftovers, these also make great fish Tacos.

Crispy Chipotle Lime Tilapia With Cool Avocado Sauce

Ingredients

1 canned chipotle pepper in adobo sauce
2 tbs adobo sauce from the can
1/4 cup salsa
1 tbs lime juice
4 tilapia fillets
1/2 (8 ounce) package of tortilla chips
crushed
1 small avocado-peeled, pitted, and
cut into large chunks
1/4 low fat sour cream
1 tbs lime juice
3 tbs milk
sea salt & fresh ground pepper to taste

Directions

Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Grease a baking sheet with cooking spray.

Combine the chipotle pepper, adobo sauce, salsa, and 1 tbs of lime juice in a blender and blend until smooth; brush the mixture over both sides of each tilapia fillet.

Spread the tortilla chips into the bottom of a deep dish, dredge the coated fillets in the chips to coat. Arrange the fillets on the prepared baking pan.

Bake the fillets 15 minutes, turn and lightly spray with cooking spray. Continue to bake golden brown, another 10 to 15 minutes.

While the fish bakes, place the avocado, sour cream, and 1 tbs lime juice in blender and blend until smooth. Stir in the milk, 1 tbs at a time until the consistency is similar to ranch dressing.

Season lightly with salt and pepper. Spoon the sauce over the baked fillets to serve. Serves 4.

Calories 367; Cholesterol 49 mg; Fiber 5 g; Sodium 355 mg; Carbohydrates 25.8;
Fat 17.8; Protein 27.1 g.

Have A Wonderful Wednesday,

Phil
“There may be trouble all around, but I am calling you to a place of peace. Be still and know that I am God. Come to Me, and I will give you wisdom, strength, and grace for everything you face." Psalm 46:10
+0
Phillip Black

5931 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
6/5/2015 12:47:33 AM
Hello Friends,

That Tilapia recipe sounded so good that I think we'll try another one. This is my favorite Tilapia recipe ever, I could eat it every day. I always try to make it a little healthier by using lite mayonaise and a little less unsalted butter.

Healthier Broiled Tilapia Parmesan

Ingredients

1/2 cup Parmesan Cheese
1/8 cup Unsalted Butter, softened
3 tbs Light Mayonaise
2 tbs Fresh Lemon Juice
1/4 tsp. Dried Basil
1/ tsp Fresh Ground Pepper
1/8 teaspoon Onion Powder
1/8 tsp Celery Salt
2 lbs Tilapia Fillets

Directions

Preheat oven broiler. Grease broiling pan or line with aluminum foil.

Mix Parmesan Cheese, Butter, and Lemon Juice together in a small bowl. Season with dried Basil, Pepper, Onion Powder and Celery Salt. Mix well and set aside. Arrange fillets in a single layer on prepared pan.

Broil a few inches from the heat for 2 to 3 minutes. Flip fillets over and broil for 2 to 3 minutes more. Remove fillets from oven and cover with Parmesan mixture on top side. Broil until fish flakes easily with a fork, about 2 minutes. Serves 8.

Calories 180; Cholesterol 56 mg; Fiber 0.1 g; Sodium 231 mg; Carbohydrates 1.1 g; Fat 7.7 g; Protein 25.3

Have A Terrific Thursday,

Phil
+0
Myrna Ferguson

16559 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
6/5/2015 1:40:05 AM
Hi Phil,

This sound so good. In fact they all sound good.

Did you ever hear of Cactus honey powder 1 oz 119 calories. sodium 6.11mg carbs 27.6
Ingredients: Pure honey, maltodextrin.
LOVE IS THE ANSWER
+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!