Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Myrna Ferguson

16559 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
RE: A Tasty Fish Dish To Start With
7/27/2015 2:55:45 AM
Hi Phil,

So many times I read about your recipes, mouth is ready to try one. They always look so yummy.

LOVE IS THE ANSWER
+0
Phillip Black

5931 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
7/27/2015 1:52:10 PM
Hi Myrna,

Thanks for stopping by my Friend and I'm glad you enjoy the recipes. That's a great looking salad, by the way. Here's a Flounder recipe that you might like to try. Low in Sodium and Carbs and quite easy to prepare.

Flounder My Way

Ingredients

4 (4 oz) Flounder fillets
2 Tbs Olive Oil
Juice of one-half Lime
2 Tbs Fresh Cilantro, chopped

Directions

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
Add all ingredients in a bowl and toss Flounder.
Allow to marinate for 30 minutes
Bake in oven for 10-15 minutes. Serves 4.

Calories 200.7; Fat 8.6 g; Cholesterol 81.9 mg; Sodium 126.5 mg; Carbohydrates 0.1 g; Fiber 0.0 g; Protein 29.1 g.

Have a Great Monday,

Phil
“There may be trouble all around, but I am calling you to a place of peace. Be still and know that I am God. Come to Me, and I will give you wisdom, strength, and grace for everything you face." Psalm 46:10
+0
Phillip Black

5931 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
8/6/2015 2:57:07 AM
Hello My Friends,

Tonight, I'll show you all some Rice on the grill, and by the time it's cooked, it's been scented with the exotic flavors of plums and Asian sauce. If you don't have any halibut available, striped bass, sole or even thick cod fillets will work just fine.

Asian Halibut & Brown Rice Packets

Ingredients

• 3/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons water
  • 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons orange juice
  • 2 teaspoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
  • 2 cups instant brown rice
  • 4 scallions, sliced, whites and greens separated
  • 2 tablespoons hoisin sauce
  • 1 tablespoon minced fresh ginger
  • 1 tablespoon toasted sesame oil
  • 1 pound halibut fillet, skin removed, cut into 4 portions
  • 1 large ripe plum, cut into 12 wedges

Directions

1. Preheat a gas or charcoal grill.
  2. Heat 3/4 cup water, 1 cup orange juice and soy sauce in a small saucepan until just simmering. Pour into a medium bowl; stir in rice and scallion whites and set aside, uncovered, for 10 minutes. Whisk hoisin sauce, ginger, sesame oil and the remaining 2 tablespoons each of water and orange juice in a small bowl.
  3. Stack two 20-inch sheets of foil (the double layers will help protect the ingredients on the bottom from burning). Coat the center of the top layer with cooking spray. Place one-fourth of the rice mixture in the center. Set a piece of fish on the rice. Arrange 3 wedges of plum on the fish. Top with one-fourth of the hoisin mixture and sprinkle with one-fourth of the scallion greens. Bring the short ends of the foil together, leaving enough room in the packet for steam to gather and cook the food. Fold the foil over and pinch to seal. Pinch seams together along the sides. Make sure all the seams are tightly sealed to keep steam from escaping. Make 3 more packets with the remaining ingredients.
  4. Place the packets on a gas grill over medium heat or on a charcoal grill 4 to 6 inches from medium coals. Cover the grill and cook until the fish is opaque in the center, 8 to 12 minutes, depending on the thickness. (When opening a packet to check for doneness, be careful of steam.) Use a spatula to slide the contents of the packet onto a plate.

• Technique: Packet Steps

• Step 1. Stack two 20-inch sheets of foil (the double layers will help protect the ingredients on the bottom from burning). Coat the center of the top layer with cooking spray.
  • Step 2. Layer your ingredients on the foil. Center everything: it's easier to wrap the food and Makes the packet look neat.
  • Step 3. Bring the short ends of the foil together, leaving enough room in the packet for steam to gather and cook the food. Fold the foil over and pinch to seal. Pinch seams together along the sides. Make sure all the seams are tightly sealed to keep steam from escaping.
  • Step 4. Place the packets on a gas grill over medium heat or on a charcoal grill 4 to 6 inches from medium coals. Cover the grill and cook just until the packet contents are done. Handle the hot packets with a large spatula or oven mitts. Carefully open both ends of the packet and allow the hot steam to escape.

Calories 389; Fat 8 g; Cholesterol 37 mg; Carbohydrates 48 g;
Fiber 3 g; Sugar 2 g; Sodium 294 mg; Protein 29 g.

Happy Wednesday Friends,

Phil
“There may be trouble all around, but I am calling you to a place of peace. Be still and know that I am God. Come to Me, and I will give you wisdom, strength, and grace for everything you face." Psalm 46:10
+0
Phillip Black

5931 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
8/17/2015 3:46:47 AM
Hello Friends,

Tonight, I thought I would try another Foil Pack that you all might like. Grilling these Foil Bundles is an easy secret to creating moist and flavorful Fish and Veggies.

Grilled Lemon Pepper Halibut and Squash Foil Packets

Ingredients

1 lb. Halibut Fillets, 1/2 to 3/4 inch thick

tsp Dried Basil Leaves
tsp Lemon Pepper
tsp Seasoned Salt
medium Zucchini or Summer Squash, cut into 2 x 1-inch strips
medium Red Bell Pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
2 tbsp Olive Oil

Directions

• 1 Heat coals or gas grill for direct heat. Cut four 18 x 12-inch pieces of heavy-duty foil; spray with cooking spray. Cut fish into 4 serving pieces if necessary. Place 1 fish piece on each foil piece. Sprinkle fish with 1 teaspoon of the basil, 1/2 teaspoon of the lemon pepper and 1/2 teaspoon of the seasoned salt.
  • 2 Arrange zucchini and bell pepper over fish. Sprinkle with remaining basil, lemon pepper and seasoned salt. Drizzle with oil. Fold foil over fish and vegetables so edges meet. Seal edges, making tight 1/2-inch fold; fold again. Allow space on sides for circulation and expansion.
  • 3 Cover and grill packets over medium heat 15 to 20 minutes or until fish flakes with fork and vegetables are tender. Place packets on plates. Cut large X across top of each packet; fold back foil. Serves 4.
  • Calories 190; Fat 8 g; Cholesterol 60 mg; Sodium 390 mg; Carbohydrates 6 g
  • Fiber 2 g; Sugar 3 g; Protein 23 g.
  • Have A Great Week,
  • Phil
+0
Phillip Black

5931 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
8/18/2015 8:17:05 PM
Hello Friends,

This evening we're fixing a Chilled Shrimp Ceviche served in an Avocado half over a bed of Arugula – a light, refreshing salad that tastes so good, and also it scores bonus points for being low-carb, gluten-free and Paleo friendly. I love ceviche and there are countless ways that you can make it. This shrimp ceviche recipe uses vinegar and with just a touch of honey to balance out the acidity.

It's really simple to make, and and pairs so wonderful with the creamy avocado. It's also great to make ahead, as it tastes better the longer it marinates (perfect to pack for lunch).

Shrimp Ceviche and Avocado Salad

Ingredients

• 28 extra large shrimp, cleaned and deveined (11 oz)
  • 1/2 red onion, sliced
  • 2 garlic cloves, crushed
  • 12 grape or cherry tomatoes, halved
  • 2 tbsp cilantro, finely chopped
  • 1 tsp kosher salt
  • 1/4 cup white wine vinegar
  • 1 tbsp olive oil
  • 1/2 jalapeno, diced fine
  • 2 tbsp clam juice
  • 1/8 tsp cumin
  • 1/8 tsp pepper
  • 1/2 tsp raw honey
  • 4 cups arugula
  • 2 medium Haas avocados (10 oz total)
Directions

Boil a large pot of water, add the shrimp and cook until just opaque, about 4 minutes. Remove and transfer to an ice bath to prevent further cooking.

In a large bowl combine the onions, garlic, tomatoes, cilantro, salt, pepper, vinegar, olive oil jalapeno, clam juice, cumin, and honey; mix to combine. Add the shrimp and refrigerate for at least 2 hours or as long as overnight.

To serve cut the avocados in half, remove the pit and skin. Divide arugula in 4 dishes, top each with 1/2 avocado and top with ceviche (about 1/2 cup-7 shrimp each). Serves 4.

Calories 254; Fat 16 g; Cholesterol 113 mg; Sodium 454 mg; Carbohydrates 13 g;
Fiber 6 g; Sugar 2 g; Protein 18 g.

Hope Your Week's Going Great,

Phil
+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!