Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Phillip Black

5931 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
RE: A Tasty Fish Dish To Start With
6/5/2015 3:27:20 AM
Hi Myrna,

Thanks for stopping by and I 'm glad that you like the recipes.

Yes, I've tried Cactus Honey Powder. I bought it over Amazon, 16 oz. for $8.95, back a few months ago, because I had read where it was beneficial for Diabetics. Actually, cactus honey powder doesn't come from the bees. It's made from the juice of a Mexico-native cactus plant called Agave. Like maple syrup and cane sugar, it's juice after filtering is heated to remove excess water. The liquid form is probably a lot better known – Agave syrup or Agave sweetener, which started to appear on the shelves of health food in the early 2000s. This plant-based sweetener is about 90% fructose, the natural sweetener found in most fruits. And while it's more viscous than honey, Agave syrup is not as aggressive as table sugar in spiking our body blood sugar due to its low-glycemic index and therefore it's beneficial for Diabetics such as myself.

I'll be back tomorrow with a healthy grilling recipe for the Weekend, but for right now I'm calling it a night my Friend.

Have A Great Evening,

Phil
“There may be trouble all around, but I am calling you to a place of peace. Be still and know that I am God. Come to Me, and I will give you wisdom, strength, and grace for everything you face." Psalm 46:10
+0
6/6/2015 6:31:56 PM
Hello Phillip!

Fantastic fish-foods, congratulations!
"Whether you think you can, or you think you can’t – you’re right."
+0
Phillip Black

5931 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
6/7/2015 3:34:23 AM
Hi Szabolcs,

Great to see you here at the Forum and I'm glad that you like the recipes. Since I started cooking and eating healthier I feel much better, and I love to share those good feelings with my Friends.

Tonight we'll be trying a healthy, low sodium Salmon Cakes recipe. A mixture of Salmon, Potato and Eggs, lightly seasoned and fried to a golden crisp. Flaky and crispy on the outside and moist and tender on the inside.

Tasty Salmon Patties

Ingredients
5 large potatoes,peeled & halved
3 cups of water
1 (14.75 oz.) can of canned Salmon
1 Egg
Salt & Pepper to taste
1/2 cup all-purpose flour
1 cup Canola oil for frying

Directions
In a covered saucepan, cover peeled potatoes with water. Bring water to a boil and cook until tender, about 15 minutes. Let cool and mash.

In a large bowl, mix together Salmon,Egg, Potatoes, Salt and Pepper. Mold mixture into patties(any size you choose). Coat both sides of the patties with flour.

Heat oil over a medium-high heat in a large skillet. Fry the patties (2 or 3 at a time) on both sides until golden brown. Drain on paper towels before serving. Serves 8.

Calories 398; Cholesterol 46 mg; Fiber 5.3 g; Sodium 209 mg; Carbohydrates 46.3;
Fat 15.7 g; Protein 18.3 g.

Have A Wonderful Weekend ,

Phil

“There may be trouble all around, but I am calling you to a place of peace. Be still and know that I am God. Come to Me, and I will give you wisdom, strength, and grace for everything you face." Psalm 46:10
+1
Phillip Black

5931 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
6/13/2015 4:00:44 AM
Hello My Friends,

This pan-seared Tilapia dish is a delicious and easy way to prepare seafood. It's great for a quick weeknight meal accompanied with fresh Veggies. Try this healthy dish full of flavor and nutrition.

Pan-Seared Tilapia

Ingredients

4 (4 ounce) Tilapia fillets
1 Tbs Olive Oil
1/2 All-Purpose Flour
2 Tbs Unsalted Butter, Melted
Salt Pepper to taste

Directions

Rinse Tilapia fillets in cold water and pat dry with paper towels. Season both sides of eacj fillet with salt and pepper. Place the flour in a shallow dish, gently press each fillet into the flour to coat and shake of excess flour.

Heat the Olive Oil in a skillet over medium-high heat; cook the Tilapia in the hot oil until the fish flakes easily with a fork, about four minutes on a side. Brush the melted butter onto the Tilapia in the last minute before removing from the skillet. serve immediately. Serves 4.

Calories 249; Cholesterol 56 mg; Fiber 0.4 g; Sodium 148 mg; Carbohydrates 11.9 g;
Fat 10.8 g; Protein 24.6 g.

Have A Great Evening,

Phil

+0
Barry Summers

257 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
6/13/2015 6:45:07 PM
 Slide over Phil.I'm coming for dinner,lol.Have a great weekend my friend. Barry
Work at home with a company that is ranked #1 on the net,there is absolutely nothing like us anywhere. Join us for free.Get free training, video classrooms,24/7/365 support & training from the actual company owners, who are very involved (upgrade only if and when you wish)that will be the one and only upsell...ever, you can remain a free member for as long as you wish. 100000+ members there to help always. You won't be sorry! Please Check us out today. http://wealthyaffiliate.com?a_aid=a4aa2ec0
+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!