Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Phillip Black

5931 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
RE: A Tasty Fish Dish To Start With
6/29/2015 1:17:59 AM
Hello My Friends,

These delicious Salmon Cakes are made with Potatoes and the added color of Red Bell Pepper and Green Onion. This recipe originally came about when I didn't want to wait for some potatoes to boil. It turned out great and soon it became a household favorite. I usually use a simple garlic mayonnaise to accompany the Cakes, but you can use pretty much whatever you desire.

Shredded Potato Salmon Cakes

Ingredients

3 Medium Potatoes, peeled and shredded
2 Eggs
Salt & Pepper to taste
1 tsp Italian Seasoning
1/2 lb Cooked Flaked Salmon
3 Green Onions, chopped
2 tbs Capers, drained
1 Red Bell Pepper seeded and chopped
3/4 cup chopped canned Banana Peppers
3/4 cup sliced fresh Mushrooms
3/4 cup Dry Bread Crumbs
1 cup Oil for frying or as needed

Directions

Squeeze as much liquid from the potatoes as you can, and place in a large bowl. Beat the eggs with salt, pepper, and Italian seasoning, and mix with the potatoes. Mix in salmon, green onions, capers, red bell pepper, banana peppers, mushrooms and bread crumbs. Form into 12 patties about 3/4 inch thick.

Heat 1/4 inch of oil in a large heavy skillet over medium-high heat. Fry the patties for about 3 minutes per side, or until golden brown. Drain on paper towels quickly before serving. Try to fry all the patties at one time, because otherwise, the mixture becomes stiff.

Calories 139; Fat 4.6 g; Cholesterol 42 mg; Sodium 119 mg; Carbohydrates 15.9 g;
Fiber 2.2 g; Protein 8.7 g.

Have A Great Week My Friends,

Phil
“There may be trouble all around, but I am calling you to a place of peace. Be still and know that I am God. Come to Me, and I will give you wisdom, strength, and grace for everything you face." Psalm 46:10
+0
Phillip Black

5931 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
7/9/2015 1:40:43 AM
Hello Everyone,

Been away for awhile over the 4th of July weekend, first at this cookout and then another cookout. Well, now I'm back at work and cooking healthier. Tonight, we have a delicious, healthy lemon-garlic marinade for salmon with cilantro and red chili flakes. Marinate at least 6 hours Broil in the oven or grill 7 or 8 minutes per side.

Marinated Wild Salmon

Ingredients

4 salmon fillets
salt and pepper to taste
1 tbs onion powder
1 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
1/4 olive oil
1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
4 cloves of garlic, minced
3 tbs white balsamic vinegar
2 tbs white sugar
2 tbs chopped green onions
2 tbs chopped cilantro

Directions

Season fillets with salt and pepper, onion powder, and red pepper flakes. Set aside in a baking dish.

In a medium bowl, mix together olive oil, lemon juice, garlic, balsamic vinegar, sugar, green onions and cilantro. Pour marinade over the salmon; cover, and refrigerate overnight, or at least 6 hours.

Preheat oven to 450 Degrees F.

Arrange salmon on a broiling sheet. Place in preheated oven, and bake for 5 minutes. Increase heat to 500 degrees F, turn fillets, and broil 5 minutes more.

Calories 379; Fat 26.2 g; Cholesterol 68 mg; Sodium 74 mg; Carbohydrates 12.3 g; Fiber 0.5 g; Protein 23.5 g.

Have A Wonderful Wednesday,

Phil

“There may be trouble all around, but I am calling you to a place of peace. Be still and know that I am God. Come to Me, and I will give you wisdom, strength, and grace for everything you face." Psalm 46:10
+0
Patricia Bartch

9394 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
7/14/2015 7:10:53 PM
Quote:

AWESOME!!!! Phil thank you !!!!
Pat

Tonight we'll be trying a healthy, low sodium Salmon Cakes recipe. A mixture of Salmon, Potato and Eggs, lightly seasoned and fried to a golden crisp. Flaky and crispy on the outside and moist and tender on the inside.

Tasty Salmon Patties

Ingredients
5 large potatoes,peeled & halved
3 cups of water
1 (14.75 oz.) can of canned Salmon
1 Egg
Salt & Pepper to taste
1/2 cup all-purpose flour
1 cup Canola oil for frying

Directions
In a covered saucepan, cover peeled potatoes with water. Bring water to a boil and cook until tender, about 15 minutes. Let cool and mash.

In a large bowl, mix together Salmon,Egg, Potatoes, Salt and Pepper. Mold mixture into patties(any size you choose). Coat both sides of the patties with flour.

Heat oil over a medium-high heat in a large skillet. Fry the patties (2 or 3 at a time) on both sides until golden brown. Drain on paper towels before serving. Serves 8.

Calories 398; Cholesterol 46 mg; Fiber 5.3 g; Sodium 209 mg; Carbohydrates 46.3;
Fat 15.7 g; Protein 18.3 g.

Have A Wonderful Weekend ,

Phil

I'm Your AVON LADY: http://youravon.com/pbartch *Ask me how to get FREE Shipping.
+1
Phillip Black

5931 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
7/14/2015 8:55:21 PM
Hi Pat,

It's great to see you again my Friend. Hope that your health's much better these days and that you're adjusting to the lower Sodium diet as well as possible. It's tough-I know, because mine's restricted as well. I usually manage to stay between 1,500 and 2,000 milligrams, but it so-oooo hard sometimes! Hope y'all enjoy the Salmon Cakes and happy 28th Anniversary once again. Hope you had a good one!

These Tilapia fillets are coated with honey-flavored Greek-style yogurt, coconut, and pecans before being baked. It's a quick, easy, and definitely delicious twist on Tilapia, and another one of my favorites.

Coconutty Tilapia

Ingredients

Cooking Spray
1 Lime Juiced
8 Tilapia Fillets
1/4 Cup Honey-Flavored Greek-Style Yogurt
1/2 Cup Finely Chopped Pecans
1/2 Cup Shredded Sweetened Coconut

Directions

Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Lightly coat the bottom of a 9x13 baking dish with cooking spray.

Drizzle lime juice over one side of tilapia fillets; place filllets with juiced-side down into the prepared baking dish. Spread a thin layer of yogurt atop each fillet.

Mix pecans and coconut in a bowl. Divide equally between the tilapia fillets and lightly press mixture into the yogurt layer.

Bake in preheated oven until fish flakes easily with a fork, about 15 minutes.
Makes 8 Fillets, Serves 4.

Calories 382; Fat 16.8 g; Cholesterol 85 mg; Sodium 134 mg; Carbohydrates 9 g;
Fiber 2.7 g; Protein 48.4 g.

Have A Great Week,

Phil
+0
Phillip Black

5931 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
7/26/2015 3:25:50 AM
Hello Friends,

This Evening's meal features Charred Tuna Steaks with the flavors of jalapeno, garlic, and lime.

Grilled Jalapeno Tuna Steaks

Ingredients

1 tbs Olive Oil
2 tsp Lime Juice
1 Jalapeno Pepper, minced
3 Cloves Garlic, minced
Salt and Pepper to taste
1 lb Ahi Tuna Steaks

Directions

Whisk olive oil, lime juice, jalapeno pepper, garlic, salt, and pepper together in a flat baking dish. Place the Tuna Steaks n the dish, turning to coat entirely in marinade, cover the dish with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 20 minutes.

Preheat an outdoor grill for high heat and lightly oil the grate.

Cook steaks on the preheated grill until beginning to firm and hot in the center, 5 to 7 minutes per side. Serves 4.

Calories 158; Fat 4.5 g; Cholesterol 51 mg; Sodium 42 mg;
Carbohydrates 1.2 g; Fiber 0.1 g; Protein 26.7 g.

Have A Great Weekend,

Phil
+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!