Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Phillip Black

5931 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
RE: A Tasty Fish Dish To Start With
9/6/2015 6:06:53 PM
Hello My Friends,

I’ve got several ways that I like to cook salmon, but this is one of my favorites. I like to season my salmon by brushing on a little agave nectar and then sprinkling on salt and pepper. Then, it’s ready to be cooked however I want. Quite often, we'll grill it, because who doesn’t love to have grilled salmon? The mango salsa is really delicious. The jalapeno is just enough to add a little spice to the salsa without being overpowering, and the lime juice keeps all the fruit looking beautiful. This salsa is better the second day, since the flavors have time to meld. So, if you’ve got the time, make it a day ahead of time. Or, if you’re like me, just make it while the salmon is cooking – it’s still delicious and beautiful.

Salmon With Agave and Mango Salsa

Ingredients
  • 4 salmon fillets, skin removed (3 oz each)
  • 1 1/2 Tbsp agave nectar
  • Salt & Pepper
  • Mango Salsa:
  • 1 cup mango, diced
  • 1 cup red bell pepper, diced
  • 1/4 cup red onion, diced
  • 1/4 cup fresh cilantro, minced
  • 1 jalapeno pepper, minced
  • 1 Tbsp lime juice
  • Salt & Pepper to taste
Directions
  1. Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
  2. Brush the salmon fillets with the agave nectar.
  3. Season with salt and pepper.
  4. Place the salmon fillets on the prepared baking sheet and bake for 12 – 15 minutes, or until they flake easily.
  5. While the salmon is baking, mix all the salsa ingredients in a bowl until well combined.
  6. Serve the salmon hot, topped with mango salsa. Serves 4.
Calories 243; Carbohydrates 17 g: Fat 11 g; Protein 20 g

Have A Great Labor Day Weekend,

Phil
“There may be trouble all around, but I am calling you to a place of peace. Be still and know that I am God. Come to Me, and I will give you wisdom, strength, and grace for everything you face." Psalm 46:10
+0
Phillip Black

5931 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
RE: A Tasty Fish Dish To Start With
9/18/2015 8:01:34 PM
Hello Everyone,

I recently had a really delicious broiled Tilapia. As you may know, I’m pretty picky about my seafood, I don’t like it to be too fishy, so I like the more mild fish, like Tilapia. The problem that I often run into is that the milder fish is kind of bland. That's certainly not the case with this recipe. This Tilapia is lightly broiled, which makes it quick and easy. Also, it’s topped with a parmesan herb mixture once it’s mostly cooked and then broiled until the topping is brown. It’s quick and easy, the fish doesn’t get over done. It stays moist and has a light flavor that is well seasoned without being overwhelming. It may just grow to be one of your favorite ways to make Tilapia.

Parmesan Tilapia

Ingredients
  • ½ cup parmesan cheese
  • ¼ cup butter, softened
  • 3 Tbsp mayonnaise
  • 2 Tbsp lemon juice
  • ¼ tsp dried basil
  • ¼ tsp black pepper
  • 1/8 tsp onion powder
  • 1/8 tsp celery salt
  • 2 lbs tilapia fillets
Directions
  1. Preheat the oven on the broil setting. Line a baking pan with aluminum foil and set aside.
  2. In a bowl, combine the cheese, butter, mayonnaise, lemon juice, basil, pepper, onion powder and celery salt.
  3. Mix well and set aside.
  4. Place the tilapia on the prepared pan and broil for 2 – 3 minutes.
  5. Flip the fillets over and broil for another 2 – 3 minutes.
  6. Cover the fillets with the parmesan mixture.
  7. Return to the oven and broil for an additional 2 minutes, or until the topping is brown and the fish flakes easily.
  8. Serve hot. Serves 8.
Calories 224; Fat 12.8 g; Carbohydrates 0.8 g; Fiber 0.1 g; Protein 25.4 g.

Have An Amazing Weekend,

Phil
“There may be trouble all around, but I am calling you to a place of peace. Be still and know that I am God. Come to Me, and I will give you wisdom, strength, and grace for everything you face." Psalm 46:10
+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!