Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Donna Zuehl

2077 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
RE: Apple Recipes, Pies, Cakes, Breads, Etc.
4/9/2011 12:42:43 AM

That's another good looking and sounding treat, Phil. Thanks for sharing, as usual. We can count on you to find good recipes, my friend.

DonnaZ

+0
Phillip Black

5931 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
4/18/2011 9:02:25 PM

Hi Donna,

Just tried these the other night and couldn't wait to share them. Fabulous apple muffins with a delicious cinnamon crumb topping. Give them a try -- you won't be sorry!

Apple Strudel Muffins

Ingredients

• 2 cups all-purpose flour
  • 1 teaspoon baking powder
  • 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1/2 cup butter
  • 1 cup white sugar
  • 2 eggs
  • 1 1/4 teaspoons vanilla
  • 1 1/2 cups chopped apples
  • 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
  • 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
  • 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
  • 1 tablespoon butter

Directions

1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Grease a 12 cup muffin pan.
  2. In a medium bowl, mix flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
  3. In a large bowl, beat together butter, sugar and eggs until smooth. Mix in vanilla. Stir in apples, and gradually blend in the flour mixture. Spoon the mixture into the prepared muffin pan.
  4. In a small bowl, mix brown sugar, flour and cinnamon. Cut in butter until mixture is like coarse crumbs. Sprinkle over tops of mixture in muffin pan.
  5. Bake 20 minutes in the preheated oven, or until a toothpick inserted in the center of a muffin comes out clean. Allow to sit 5 minutes before removing muffins from pan. Cool on a wire rack.

Have A Happy Week,

Phil

“There may be trouble all around, but I am calling you to a place of peace. Be still and know that I am God. Come to Me, and I will give you wisdom, strength, and grace for everything you face." Psalm 46:10
+0
Donna Zuehl

2077 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
5/3/2011 11:25:43 PM

Phil,

You make my mouth drool every time you post a recipe! but....I love it so keep em coming my friend.

I bought a new printer so now I can start printing recipes again. My printer stopped working a couple months ago.

DonnaZ

+0