Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Patricia Bartch

9394 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
RE: Apple Recipes, Pies, Cakes, Breads, Etc.
12/20/2010 2:15:40 AM
I forgot where I got this recipe. I LOVE FRUIT CAKE!! There, I admitted it. I love these cookies. Have made them the past 2 years and they are fantastic.
Pat

Texas Fruit Cake Cookies

These are soooooo gooooood! They will become a Christmas favorite!
Submitted by... Audra LeNormand of Liberty, TX
----------

1 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup Crisco
4 eggs
3 Tablespoons milk
3 teaspoons baking soda
3 cups flour
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1 teaspoon cloves (ground)
1-1/2 lbs. pecans
1/2 lb. candied cherries
1/2 lb. candied pineapple
1 lb. dates (chopped)

Blend sugar and Crisco. Add eggs and milk. Add sifted dry ingredients including spices. Add chopped fruits, dates and nuts. Drop by teaspoon on greased and floured cookie sheet. Bake at 250-degrees for 15 minutes on bottom shelf and 15 minutes on top shelf.

I'm Your AVON LADY: http://youravon.com/pbartch *Ask me how to get FREE Shipping.
+0
Phillip Black

5931 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
12/21/2010 10:48:56 PM

Hi Myrna & Pat,

So glad that you all are enjoying the Goodies. Pat, those Fruit Cake Cookies sound delicious. Even though I can't eat as many of these Sweet Treats as I used to due to my problems with Sugar, I still enjoy making them, and they make Great Gifts at the holidays.

Here's an Apple Walnut Cake that I really like. This slightly spicy cake is better if you use butter, and it's also delicious warmed up the next morning along with your Coffee.

Apple Walnut Cake

Ingredients

• 2 cups white sugar
  • 1/2 pound butter
  • 3 eggs
  • 3 cups sifted all-purpose flour
  • 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
  • 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
  • 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
  • 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
  • 1 cup chopped walnuts
  • 3 cups sliced Macintosh apples

Directions

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Butter and flour one 10 inch tube pan.
  2. Cream together the butter and sugar. Add eggs one at a time beating well after each addition. Set aside.
  3. Sift together the flour, salt, baking soda, cinnamon and nutmeg. Add to wet ingredients and mix well.
  4. Stir in vanilla, walnuts and apples. Mix well and pour into prepared pan.
  5. Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for approximately 1 hour or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Set aside to cool. Slide knife along outer edges to release bottom of tube pan. Slide knife along bottom of tube pan and inner tube to release cake.

Wishing You & Yours A Happy Holidays,

Phil

“There may be trouble all around, but I am calling you to a place of peace. Be still and know that I am God. Come to Me, and I will give you wisdom, strength, and grace for everything you face." Psalm 46:10
+0
Donna Zuehl

2077 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
12/25/2010 3:06:25 AM

Phil,

We have a local restaurant that sells apple dumplings in the fall. They are good but your recipe sounds absolutely yummy!

DonnaZ

+0
Donna Zuehl

2077 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
12/25/2010 3:07:28 AM

Can you believe I have never had these cookies Phil? I am glad you shared a recipe that is new to me!

DonnaZ

+0
Donna Zuehl

2077 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
12/25/2010 3:09:05 AM

Hi Pat,

Phil's cookies do sound especially tasty.

I hope your shoulder is beginning to heal. Christmas is not a good time for all that pain!

DonnaZ

+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!