Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Phillip Black

5931 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
RE: Apple Recipes, Pies, Cakes, Breads, Etc.
12/29/2010 5:20:39 PM

Hi Myrna,

If you liked that Sweet & Tart combination of the Apples & the Cranberries, here's another one that you might like to try.

Apple Cranberry Cobbler w/Spiced Whipped Cream

Ingredients

• 8 cups tart apples (peeled, cored and chopped)
  • 10 ounces cranberries (thawed and drained, or fresh if available)
  • 4 tablespoons Organic Valley Butter (Salted, Cultured or Pasture Butter)
  • 1/2 cup sugar
  • 2 cups rolled oats (old fashioned, not the quick-cooking type.)
  • 2 cups all-purpose flour (or substitute spelt four)
  • 1/2 teaspoon double-acting baking powder
  • 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
  • 2 teaspoons cinnamon
  • 1/4 teaspoon allspice
  • 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
  • sea salt (to taste)
  • 1/3 cup maple syrup
  • 1/2 cup Organic Valley Milk

Spiced Whipped Cream

• 1 pint Organic Valley Heavy Whipping Cream
  • 3/4 teaspoon cinnamon
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla
  • 2 tablespoons sugar

Preparation

1. Preheat oven to 375°F.
  2. Thaw and drain frozen cranberries, or wash fresh berries and pat dry. Toss cranberries and apples together into a 10x13-inch glass baking dish.
  3. In medium sized mixing bowl, using your hands, blend together to resemble a coarse meal: butter, sugar, oats (rub between hands to break into smaller bits), flour, baking powder, vanilla extract, spices, and sea salt.
  4. Stir in milk and syrup; mixture will become somewhat sticky. Drop by spoonfuls onto apple/cranberry compote and pat down slightly. Sprinkle with sugar, if desired. Bake for 45-60 minutes, or until apples are soft and topping has become golden.
  5. Whip cream with cinnamon, vanilla, and sugar until stiff. Serve atop warm cobbler.

Wishing You The Happiest Of New Years,

Phil

“There may be trouble all around, but I am calling you to a place of peace. Be still and know that I am God. Come to Me, and I will give you wisdom, strength, and grace for everything you face." Psalm 46:10
+0
Phillip Black

5931 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
1/8/2011 11:57:37 PM

Hi Donna,

I know that I've already had some Dumplings posted on here, but these are easier to make, and I really don't think that you can have too much of anythinbg that tastes this good! Who would have ever thought that simply combining fresh apples, crescent roll dough, and citrus soda could make such a wonderful treat?

Country Apple Dumplings

Ingredients

• 2 large Granny Smith apples, peeled and cored
  • 2 (10 ounce) cans refrigerated crescent roll dough
  • 1 cup butter
  • 1 1/2 cups white sugar
  • 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
  • 1 (12 fluid ounce) can or bottle Mountain Dew ™

Directions

1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease a 9x13 inch baking dish.
  2. Cut each apple into 8 wedges and set aside. Separate the crescent roll dough into triangles. Roll each apple wedge in crescent roll dough starting at the smallest end. Pinch to seal and place in the baking dish.
  3. Melt butter in a small saucepan and stir in the sugar and cinnamon. Pour over the apple dumplings. Pour Mountain Dew™ over the dumplings.
  4. Bake for 35 to 45 minutes in the preheated oven, or until golden brown.

Hope Your Weekend's Terrific,

Phil

“There may be trouble all around, but I am calling you to a place of peace. Be still and know that I am God. Come to Me, and I will give you wisdom, strength, and grace for everything you face." Psalm 46:10
+0
Donna Zuehl

2077 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
1/14/2011 12:51:07 AM

Phil,

All of the recipes are intriguing, but this apple dumpling recipe sounds easy enough for me to make with my grandkids one of these Sundays...when the NFL playoffs are over!

Thanks for sharing your great recipes. I really get excited looking at all of the ingredients...I guess I must like to eat!

DonnaZ

+0
Donna Zuehl

2077 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
1/14/2011 12:52:40 AM

Phil,

Using whole cranberry sauce is a new twist for apple crisp that I will try. I like cranberries as well as apples. I just made an apple crisp about a week ago.

DonnaZ

+0
La Nell !

3647 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
1/14/2011 12:54:38 AM
Hi Donna, I am glad I found your forum. It is great with so much information. I will be back to visit it. Stay warm this winter. It is cold in N Louisiana. LaNell
+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!