Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
RE: POTW Feedback
11/17/2010 7:04:11 PM
Quote:

We have a group in Facebook called "Adlanders in Facebook". Any of you are welcome to join. A person has a right to state what they feel and if things get out of hand, I am sure FB will see that the person is banned.

Since I am an administrator of this group, I post almost every week to get members to come vote. There are no restrictions that I cannot voice an opinion of a favorite or someone I nominated.

Here is the link for what I have just posted. I also post on my Home page but if you are not a friend you probably can't see it.

Adlanders in Facebook

Sara G. Blow

Sara

Just to let everyone know, I have again posted the link for this week's voting thread in Adlanders in Facebook.

For all of you, it seems we have had a mixture of nominees for the past few weeks. Hope everyone is happy with that and will let Barry know.

James, I appreciate your comments also.

Happy Wednesday!

Have you been to the Art Gallery to see the beautiful Nature Photographs by our friend, Mary Smith? You are missing out if not.

Sara

+0
Kathleen Vanbeekom

13305 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
11/29/2010 1:40:05 AM

Hi Barry,

How about not putting nominees on the ballot on repeated weeks, and requesting a new batch of nominees every week?

If someone doesn't win, they would need to be renominated in the Nominations suggestions forum.

The person making the suggestion should make sure their nominee hasn't ever been banned, ...and has been here awhile (is 2-3 weeks long enough? as in Scott this week of Nov 25 to Dec 2?)

Also, how about still not posting the same people in 2 consecutive weeks, skipping a week before posting the same person/people on the ballot?

==>> To make it easier, what if each voter who makes a post, would make a suggestion of 1 nominee for the next week if they make a post after voting (if they want to)? A lot of people vote/post, so making a nomination suggestion during their post after voting seems like an easy way to compile the next week's nominees list without repeating the current week of nominations.

+0
Potw Team

2183 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
12/6/2010 4:16:38 PM
Quote:

Hi Barry,

How about not putting nominees on the ballot on repeated weeks, and requesting a new batch of nominees every week?

If someone doesn't win, they would need to be renominated in the Nominations suggestions forum.

The person making the suggestion should make sure their nominee hasn't ever been banned, ...and has been here awhile (is 2-3 weeks long enough? as in Scott this week of Nov 25 to Dec 2?)

Also, how about still not posting the same people in 2 consecutive weeks, skipping a week before posting the same person/people on the ballot?

==>> To make it easier, what if each voter who makes a post, would make a suggestion of 1 nominee for the next week if they make a post after voting (if they want to)? A lot of people vote/post, so making a nomination suggestion during their post after voting seems like an easy way to compile the next week's nominees list without repeating the current week of nominations.

Hi Kathleen,

Repeating of candidates the following week can happen at times depending on the amount of suggestions for POTW candidates that are received during the week from other members. I would love to have a new batch of candidates for the POTW every week, however there are not always enough qualified suggestions made by members which then requires more research on my part. Members making more candidate suggestions would certainly help.

Regarding a candidate that has only been around for a few weeks, if they meet the criteria and are actively social with the community I personally cannot see a problem with recognizing them as a Person of the Week if they have created some kind of buzz within a population of the community. It does not mean they will win, but it does give recognition to new members that come in and are doing the right things to begin with.

I think the POTW is something that is fun and should be a recognition for a member active in the community and we shouldn't try to over do it with too many stipulations as it may not be that enjoyable anymore. Of course this is just my opinion and as always I am open to all suggestions as to ways to make it better.

Regards,

Barry

+0
Joyce Parker Hyde

1967 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
12/6/2010 4:27:58 PM
Hi Barry
Re:
Regarding a candidate that has only been around for a few weeks, if they meet the criteria and are actively social with the community I personally cannot see a problem with recognizing them as a Person of the Week if they have created some kind of buzz within a population of the community. It does not mean they will win, but it does give recognition to new members that come in and are doing the right things to begin with.

I like new members in the spotlight, otherwise we might not get around to finding them.
+0
Jim
Jim Allen

11253 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
12/7/2010 1:18:05 PM
Why have any criteria at all then? Heck, those rules and stipulations always get in the way don't they?

Quote:
Quote:

Hi Barry,

Hi Kathleen,

Repeating of candidates the following week can happen at times depending on the amount of suggestions for POTW candidates that are received during the week from other members. I would love to have a new batch of candidates for the POTW every week, however there are not always enough qualified suggestions made by members which then requires more research on my part. Members making more candidate suggestions would certainly help.

I think the POTW is something that is fun and should be a recognition for a member active in the community and we shouldn't try to over do it with too many stipulations as it may not be that enjoyable anymore. Of course this is just my opinion and as always I am open to all suggestions as to ways to make it better.

Regards,

Barry

May Wisdom and the knowledge you gained go with you,

Jim Allen III
Everything You Need For Online Success

+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!