Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Barry Scott

492 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
RE: POTW Feedback
10/21/2010 2:25:59 PM
Quote:

Hi Barry,

I have been reading all thats been happening with the potw.

I would like to suggest that the very title of this award be changed.... no more PERSON OF THE WEEK.[POTW]cos' it is a far cry from what John Sanchez had in mind when he started this...its no more about THE PERSON..so..instead we should have it as ADVERTISER OF THE WEEK [AOTW] since this is ADLAND and its all about advertising spam scams n all LOL....This I believe will solve most of the problems ...nominations and voting etc.

This is ADLAND ....a land of advertising the social aspect of it has diminished considerably in view of this lets just let the nominated advertiser go get himself/herself votes to win the title...if they know how to spam & advertise aggressively...sure they will know how to muster up votes to win ! The prize is all about advertising too...so as you see its ADVERTISING all the way !!!! and why not afterall they pay for it !!!!

To the hand few of us who try to keep it strictly social...well socializing in an advertising majority has its hassles some can cope some can't :)

Just my 2 cents here :)

Pauline

Hi Pauline,

I understand your suggestion, however I am not quite ready to ask for the name to be changed. I absolutely believe everyone has a right to their opinion but the bottom line is, if one quarter of the effort that went in to these posts was used to provide us with some eligible member suggestions for the POTW and vote it would be far more constructive.

Again, the amount of time I have does not allow me to look to deeply into the profiles of each member I am listing, so I do the best I can. I still find it somewhat frustrating to see posts about who shouldn't be listed when those who post that opinion have never made a suggestion for a candidate.

The POTW should be fun, a place to meet other members that you have never met before no ads just profiles. If you look over a profile and find that person interesting so be it, if you don't move on to the next one. There are lots of members here that have their own social circles within the community that may not be as mainstream as others and because their circle is smaller it should not exclude them. If anything my hope is it will bring them closer together, by introducing each of these groups to each other.

Sincerely,

Barry

VOTE FOR A NEW

PERSON OF THE WEEK

EACH WEEK

CLICK HERE

+0
Joyce Parker Hyde

1967 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
10/21/2010 3:53:43 PM
Barry, you are doing an excellent job!
People can take what they need from whatever source they find it. I like the feature because it lets me get to know about places I will never see, and learn how other people grew up, we all experienced history in different ways and became unique individuals because of it.
So continue to inform and educate where you can and let the rest oll off like water off a ducks back.

+0
Kathleen Vanbeekom

13305 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
10/21/2010 6:44:39 PM

Hi Barry,

What would really help a lot is if people don't make negative posts about the election in other communities. I came in to vote for the recent election specifically because I saw posts on Facebook from 2 members who did NOT want someone to win, that's not good for ALP.

Great if people post in other places that they DO want someone to win, but reading a post somewhere else where 2 people were saying they couldn't believe someone was in the lead and hoped he would NOT win, is not good community spirit.

+0
10/22/2010 1:30:42 PM

We have a group in Facebook called "Adlanders in Facebook". Any of you are welcome to join. A person has a right to state what they feel and if things get out of hand, I am sure FB will see that the person is banned.

Since I am an administrator of this group, I post almost every week to get members to come vote. There are no restrictions that I cannot voice an opinion of a favorite or someone I nominated.

Here is the link for what I have just posted. I also post on my Home page but if you are not a friend you probably can't see it.

Adlanders in Facebook

Sara G. Blow

I support the POTW.

Sara

+0
10/22/2010 1:52:17 PM

Oh, I forgot to mention that I also post in my Expressions of Nature forum and some others to remind members to come vote. I don't know why we need reminding but you know how it is, some of us are just too busy! And, I just realized I forgot to post the link in there, will correct that now.

EXPRESSIONS OF NATURE

Another thing I do, just because I want to and not directed by anyone, is that I try to post in the forums of people who vote and support the POTW. I can't do them all because I am banned from some. So if you vote you might get a visit.

Be happy,

Sara

+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!