Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Kathleen Vanbeekom

13305 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
RE: POTW Feedback
10/22/2010 8:56:33 PM

Sara,

It's fine to have an opinion for a FAVORITE, but not to have a group discussion hoping someone will not win, this is not the "Big Brother" TV show where people are voted out.

Those Facebook posts show up on the newsfeed of everyone who's a member of that group, there are 96 members of "Adlanders in Facebook" and when anything is posted there, it shows up on the newsfeed page of ALL 96 of us members, whether we reply to it or not, it's been seen by lots of people.

+0
Jim
Jim Allen

11253 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
10/22/2010 9:27:07 PM
After this past week, I cannot think of a good reason to join the Adlander Group on Facebook.

Francisco has been abused by the same ones here that preach Love, Tolerance and Acceptance. These self-appointed, self-righteous few has done irreparable damage to a community they claim to love. Really showed this week didn't it?

Now that we know who the ringleaders are, I guess I am not surprised at all. The same few always seem to be in the middle of a rift on their self-righteous and pious horses demonizing someone.

Here at ALP you are in control of what messages you receive and whom you may deem friends. Learn how to use and implement them and stop your squawking.

Those that posted to Facebook their desire to choose the winners and losers because of some ignorant claim that someone is a Spammer or Scammer should be drummed out of the community here at ALP for a very long vacation.

These childish high schooler tactics by so called adults and upstanding citizens of ALP has placed a black pall over this community for the world to see. I am truly saddened by this poor showing of community spirit. This was a witch hunt and the real witches were not the hunted. IMHO

May Wisdom and the knowledge you gained go with you,

Jim Allen III
Everything You Need For Online Success

+0
Bogdan Fiedur

4624 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
10/22/2010 9:39:24 PM
Quote:
After this past week, I cannot think of a good reason to join the Adlander Group on Facebook.

Francisco has been abused by the same ones here that preach Love, Tolerance and Acceptance. These self-appointed, self-righteous few has done irreparable damage to a community they claim to love. Really showed this week didn't it?

Now that we know who the ringleaders are, I guess I am not surprised at all. The same few always seem to be in the middle of a rift on their self-righteous and pious horses demonizing someone.

Here at ALP you are in control of what messages you receive and whom you may deem friends. Learn how to use and implement them and stop your squawking.

Those that posted to Facebook their desire to choose the winners and losers because of some ignorant claim that someone is a Spammer or Scammer should be drummed out of the community here at ALP for a very long vacation.

These childish high schooler tactics by so called adults and upstanding citizens of ALP has placed a black pall over this community for the world to see. I am truly saddened by this poor showing of community spirit. This was a witch hunt and the real witches were not the hunted. IMHO

Hi Jim,

This is unnecessary jumping to conclusion.
I'm familiar with the group at facebook (it has been started by Georgios and he made me aware of this when this happened. )

The voices not to vote for Francisco were not placed within this group and you could have checked it first what kind of messages were posted there before voicing your frustration.

This whole mess needs to end.

The person who started it all has no access to this forum.

Bogdan
Be a victor not a victim. Simply be responsible for what happensin your life.
Truth can only be found by those who have the humility to consider what they do not prefer.

Facebook | YouTube | Twitter | Google+ | LinkedIn | Tumblr | My Blog

+0
Jim
Jim Allen

11253 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
10/22/2010 9:50:24 PM
Quote:

Sara,

It's fine to have an opinion for a FAVORITE, but not to have a group discussion hoping someone will not win, this is not the "Big Brother" TV show where people are voted out.

Those Facebook posts show up on the newsfeed of everyone who's a member of that group, there are 96 members of "Adlanders in Facebook" and when anything is posted there, it shows up on the newsfeed page of ALL 96 of us members, whether we reply to it or not, it's been seen by lots of people.

Point taken

May Wisdom and the knowledge you gained go with you,

Jim Allen III
Everything You Need For Online Success

+0
James Wright

2397 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
11/15/2010 3:43:28 AM

As you know, I come from the old school at Adland, and I have seen most all of it. I remember when the POTW first started, and there was fierce competition to gain the title. Unfortunately, since the inception of FB and other social networks, our attention span has been spread to many different places, and those who used to spend time here, are somewhere else. I don't believe the good old days will return any time soon, but those of us who still remain, can make a difference. There will always be spammers, and the only way we can control them is by moderation, which we have here. I was somewhat shocked when I was voted in a second time. I didn't even know about it until just now, which is my fault, and no one elses! So I've got to get posting!!

+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!