Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Kathleen Vanbeekom

13305 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
RE: POTW Feedback
12/7/2010 9:22:00 PM

Hi Barry,

I hope you're feeling better than last week.

Can we call it "Pop On To Win"?

That sounds cool!

+0
Potw Team

2183 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
12/8/2010 5:12:18 PM

Quote:

Hi Barry,

I hope you're feeling better than last week.

Can we call it "Pop On To Win"?

That sounds cool!

Hi Kathleen,

Just about back to being 100% but still have some time to catch up on all of the fun I have missed! As long as I have been administering the POTW it was never listed in the Eligibilty requirements to be here for 30 days and if you look back at the list of candidates there have been maybe three or four occasions where the candidate was a member for only a short period of time.

These are exceptions and not the norm and in some cases these newer members had more posts, social contacts and forums then members that have been here musch longer. So because they were not ineligible and seem to be adjusting quickly I accepted the candidate request.

It would still be extremely helpful if we had more candidate suggestions made by our higher active members as they see more of the community then most.

Have a great week,

Barry

+0
Kathleen Vanbeekom

13305 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
12/8/2010 5:13:37 PM
I had 2 people in mind to nominate, I contacted both of them, I'll see if they want to.
+0
Potw Team

2183 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
12/8/2010 5:14:30 PM

Quote:
Hi Barry
Re:
Regarding a candidate that has only been around for a few weeks, if they meet the criteria and are actively social with the community I personally cannot see a problem with recognizing them as a Person of the Week if they have created some kind of buzz within a population of the community. It does not mean they will win, but it does give recognition to new members that come in and are doing the right things to begin with.

I like new members in the spotlight, otherwise we might not get around to finding them.

Hi Joyce,

I agree with you, some of these new members are doing all the right things but can be lost to us for some time if we do not come across them by other ways.

Regards,

Barry

+0
Potw Team

2183 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
12/8/2010 5:19:31 PM

Quote:
Why have any criteria at all then? Heck, those rules and stipulations always get in the way don't they?

Hello Jim,

I hate those rules and stipualtions too. :) However, aside from my placing a candidate in this weeks POTW that obviously should not have been placed there (my vision saw month and not year of posts) I always try and maintain the candidates to the eligibilty criteria posted in the Voting threads. Mistakes can happen and I apologize for them and if possible correct them as I know the active members will notify me of this.

Regards,

Barry

+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!