Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Cheryl Maples

39965 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
RE: Pet Stories
7/30/2010 6:13:09 AM
Hi everyone,
Well I have to tell you that to get our 3 cats out here to Washington state they had to make a little plane trip from Florida! One of them was a feral cat for the first year or so of her life. I can't imagine what she thought. They flew with me in the cabin, of course, which meant I had to make more than one trip and I had my best friend fly with me on one of the trips so I could bring two at the same time. My oldest cat is just like a little kid, always asking if we are there yet.

Have you ever flown with your pets? Or taken a long car trip with them?

Cheryl
Cheryl Maples, LMT Catch Your Dream 727-504-4721 cheryl.maples@gmail.com https://cherylmaples.myitworks.com/ultimatemakeover
+0
Myrna Ferguson

16559 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
7/30/2010 2:50:35 PM
Hi Cheryl,

The longest trip I ever took with my cat was about 10 miles and it about drove me crazy.
It was crying all the way. Yes, I felt like I was so cruel putting her in that horrid cage. As going on a long trip I would need to be tranquilized more then the cat.

Myrna
LOVE IS THE ANSWER
+0
Cheryl Maples

39965 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
7/30/2010 10:59:29 PM
Hi Myrna,
I can picture it now, you tranquilized and your cat in charge! Well, we all know the cats are in change anyway, especially if we aren't paying attention.

I did not tranquilize my cats for the plane trip, though I had some pills from the vet, with me. After I read that there could be breathing difficulties with the medication, I decided against it. Ninja was the only one that every now and then would decide that we had certainly traveled long enough and we must surely be there by now. It was a very long day for humans, too.

Ninja usually wants to make sure she is not going when she sees the suitcases. LOL

Cheryl
Cheryl Maples, LMT Catch Your Dream 727-504-4721 cheryl.maples@gmail.com https://cherylmaples.myitworks.com/ultimatemakeover
+0
8/19/2010 9:46:59 PM
Hello fellow pet lovers and especially my cat lover friends!

This is all about Smokey, "The King". He is my male siamese type cat. He is gorgeous with blue eyes. Everybody loves him and he is just not a real people person! He is also not the smartest cat in my house.

Last night Smokey was on the very peak of my neighbor's roof. He goes in cycles so, he is in the roof mode here the last few nights. ha ha! I go to bring him in for the evening, and he is not even looking or acknowledging that I exist.

Looks like it is time to get the catnip and the laundry basket. This is a "trick" to get him off the roof. The roof is low enough with a small step stool, I can hold the basket over my head and he will get in the basket and enjoy the catnip.

However, last night I went first without the step ladder to see if he would get in. He did loosely greet me at the corner, but would not get in the basket. So off to the garage I go to get the step ladder. During this time which is now 12:30 am, I hear a big thunder boom and it begins to sprinkle.

As I am returning to the roof corner with all my supplies, I hear loud meowing and see pacing going on. LOL! The sprinkle has now turned into a nice rain. It was just amazing to see how fast Smokey jumped into the laundry basket as he was being rescued from the rain.

We both got a little wet, but the story ends with the cat in the house for the evening. You got to love those temperamental personalites.

+0
Myrna Ferguson

16559 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
8/20/2010 12:02:04 AM
Hi Susan,

I forgot about my cat being on the roof and falling off. You know how the lay down adn roll toward you. I guess he forgot he was on the roof and he rolled right off onto the ground. No he did not land on his feet. I think he was in a bad position to do that. Cat are funny, they sure are.

Myrna
LOVE IS THE ANSWER
+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!