Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
RE: Pet Stories
3/23/2010 4:36:32 PM
Cheryl, our Jack Dempsy's are almost the same size as our blood parrots. They have no problems getting along, once in a great while a JD will chase one of the BPs, but that's about as far as it goes.
+0
Patricia Bartch

9394 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
3/23/2010 4:44:02 PM

Hi Cheryl and everyone.

What a nice topic ~~PETS~~

We have 2 cats: Sophie and Snickers. Sophie is 15 and Snickers is 5. (Sophie is the black cat and Snickers is the tortiseshell). They are kind of well known around AdlandPro as I take lots of pictures of them. Many of the pictures are of the cats dressed up for holidays.

I took pictures of them for St. Patrick's day. They are here in this thread.

SOPHIE and SNICKERS, My Cats. 2010 St. Patrick's Day Pictures | View Thread | Adlandpro Community

I'll make sure I put this forum in my favorites because I like to talk about animals and our pets.

Pat

I'm Your AVON LADY: http://youravon.com/pbartch *Ask me how to get FREE Shipping.
+0
Cheryl Maples

39965 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
3/30/2010 3:36:39 AM
Hi Ann,

I do enjoy my cats quite a bit. Right now, all three of them are sleeping on the couch where I am sitting. The 15 year old one, Ninja, who likes to be high up on anything, loves to explore. Sometimes I just open a door or drawer so she can see what's in it and figure out how to get in. If there is a way, she will find it! She was a lot of company for me when it was pretty tough being a caregiver for my late husband through the later stages of Alzheimer's.

One cat loves cat company. I reclaimed Nani from the wild and we trapped her to catch her. The third cat, my husband's, so new to the group, wants to be queen of the universe. She sure keeps track of things, like who gets fed first, who gets to sleep on the favorite afghan (crocheted by me, so that makes a difference, too), etc. Ninja is just queen of her little area. She doesn't care what the universe does. Nani just wants to be friends.

It is so amazing that they each have totally different personalities.

Cheryl

Cheryl Maples, LMT Catch Your Dream 727-504-4721 cheryl.maples@gmail.com https://cherylmaples.myitworks.com/ultimatemakeover
+0
Cheryl Maples

39965 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
3/30/2010 3:47:56 AM
Hi Patricia,

Your cats are beautiful. I am partial to black ones as it seems that's the color that I've had the most of. It's the ones that show up on my doorstep.

I must learn how to get pictures up here. I dont' know how to do that yet.

I've had cats, fish, birds, hamsters, hermit crabs, and a dog through the time my son was growing up. Oh, don't forget the turtles. Well, I had turtles as a kid. Horses were always my favorite but I was a little older when I managed to acquire one. I still love them but do not have the time to take care of one. I actually went to horseback riding school and did some jumping and dressage. Since I like my head where it is, I will probably not jump anymore, even if I do find the time to have a horse. (Notice the probably. Even at my age, I know I would be tempted if I got back into riding again.)

Where I am living now, they have a pretty big program for horseback riding for handicapped children and adults. I am considering how I can volunteer. I know it makes a big difference for the children especially. The facility has a waiting list so they do need volunteers.

I am glad to see there are so many here who enjoy pets.

Cheryl
Cheryl Maples, LMT Catch Your Dream 727-504-4721 cheryl.maples@gmail.com https://cherylmaples.myitworks.com/ultimatemakeover
+0
Cheryl Maples

39965 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
4/14/2010 5:24:40 AM
I am enjoying all the pet stories. Doesn't anyone have any horse stories? What about "odd" pets like snakes, ferrets, and others? Are there any stories out there? Surely there are more pet stories.

Cheryl
+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!